Teachings of Kassar - the kerrisin v2.0

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Teachings of Kassar - the kerrisin v2.0

Post by Sexen on Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:52 pm

@Archon Agree 100% about those skils + arcane torrent. They are obviously psychic type attacks which fits the assassin lore perfectly. If most are caster skill replacements, why are they in the neutral tree? I used ps on my atmg sin to kill the magic immune element in kabraxis level. My point is any assassin can benefit from the current ninja tree. If it's all caster skills, it belongs in the caster tree. I love that you consider lore like I do Very Happy

@Laz Oh now I understand the energy thing. Lore wise it makes sense, but all weapon damage attacks benefit more from dexterity investment (except in the case of ITD and your dex% to damage bonus is moot). If nagi/throw knives/claws all had energy% to damage (idk if it's possible) then it would make more sense to invest in energy instead of dex/life.

OT: What do you think about every assassin passive being hard point based now? I don't mind perfect being being ( Laughing ) hard based as it is the best defensive skill/passive in the game. Problem is you can no longer max all ways and invest heavily in all passives like blink (I know its active but its the best teleport skill that doesn't require a target so lowering timer is almost mandatory) and queen of blades (anything lower then 9 points makes the skill next to useless). Let alone if you want to max doom or laserblade (soft point based but gives great bonus to damage when smaxed. I just feel like I don't have enough points to invest in attack skills and the standard passives.

@Wotan Rathma a she say whaaat??

@Sexen Quit making so many damn parenthesis nub  Mr. Green FU 
Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:56 pm

Pro wrote:
Lowering enemy magic resist is possible. Items with pierce-mag are not possible.
Oh, I see. So... -magic res on Phase Bomb? Eh... it does magic damage already, bit weird for a magic damaging ability to lower its own res. But if the damage is low compared to other skills (and it is I guess) then I suppose it doesn't matter. People would still use it only for piercing res and then switch to another ability.
Wait, does Phase Bomb even have enough space to add another ele pierce?

@Sexen wrote:@Archon Agree 100% about those skils + arcane torrent. They are obviously psychic type attacks which fits the assassin lore perfectly. If most are caster skill replacements, why are they in the neutral tree?
It's not a neutral tree, it's a second caster tree that happens to have two spells that are used by all 'sins (Blink and Perfect Being). Just like how the melee Sorc has two skills in the 'neutral sorc tree'.

If nagi/throw knives/claws all had energy% to damage (idk if it's possible) then it would make more sense to invest in energy instead of dex/life.
Why would you want this? I dunno what you're saying really, why are you talking about all 'sins needing to invest in energy. Some builds use it (the casters) the rest don't. This is the same as with every other class.
archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:08 pm

I am speaking in lore sense. By laz's description/intention it only makes sense for assassin's to heavily invest in energy (psychic ability). The only way for heavy investment to become viable is if the weapons that you use benefit from energy as well. Obviously from a dungeon crawler perspective, dexterity makes the most sense for those items. Ninja's aren't casters so I see that as a psychic tree as it's all about magic damage. Not talking about new morph that has existed for less then a month of course.
Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:12 am

Oh. Well that's easy, all assassins are trained as magekillers, but you don't need psychic powers to do that. You can use also gadgets (trapsin) or physical prowess (throwsin/meleesin).
archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:53 am

Just for fun.

The Mage Council, knowing very well that such an organisation would be subverted and used as a weapon by the Mage Clans themselves to settle the endemic power struggle between the Clans, went to great lengths to prevent the Mageslayers from being useful to any of the Clans. To this end, the Order would eschew the magical arts and employ mechanical and enchanted devices and the innate powers of the mind.

For both practical and symbolic reasons, the Order’s headquarters were founded in the ruins of Vizjun, once a thriving city under the Annuit Clan, now a blighted zone of death glowing with deadly mana radiation. Mageslayer initiates were taught to ritually disconnect themselves from the ethereal plane, rendering them unable to wield magic but protecting them from the pervasive radiation that cripples and kills trespassers and slowly erodes the enchanted structures of the mage city.

The Warrior Children of Vizjun, or Viz-Jaq’Taar, became a force to be reckoned with. Their unique needs necessitated the development of ever more advanced technology, and their kensais and techsmiths swarmed out over the world to combat evil on a local scale. The Order attracted the best scientists of Xiansai and other lands, and according to some even received the blessing and gifts of the very archangel of the Cosmic Spheres, Rosicruciel.

While most mages are aware of the technological prowess of the Mageslayers, few know how much is really hidden from the outside world at Sector D, the Viz-Jaq’Taari base in the Aranoch desert, camouflaged by a light-bending cloak field. It is whispered that the inner circle of Mageslayers is in possession of ever-burning lanterns powered by trapped lightning, gleaming flying chariots, disintegrating beams of light and metallic arrows with tails of fire that can strike any location in the known world.

PREFERRED WEAPONS

Assassins are trained in all disciplines of the martial arts and master their arts’ weapons.

Martial artists who prefer either the protection of a shield or the intimidation factor of two blades train in the Viz-Jaq’Taar’s exotic claw fist weapons. Their large metal surfaces conductive to manaflux currents make them ideal for those who seek the aid of the psychic arts as well.

Kensais who wield the fearsome naginata are known as blademasters. The naginata is one of the rarest weapons in the Kingdoms and most existing naginata are centuries old, passed on through generations by the Xiansai warrior-monks. Its combat style emphasis its long range, attacking with sweeping arcs of death that cleave through multiple enemies, enabling one blademaster to fend off an army.

Sounds like you read this before Very Happy
Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:35 am

?

All that's saying is caster sins also have a (pretty silly, but whatever) reason to use claws, which if you think about it doesn't make any sense for a psychic to use otherwise.

It doesn't mean that every single 'sin using them is using psychic powers.

Their large metal surfaces conductive to manaflux currents make them ideal for those who seek the aid of the psychic arts as well.
archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:39 am

Why do you keep trying to argue with me when the last three posts I agreed with you? Actually that seems like a trend.
Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:25 pm

HEY! I didn't see this thread until now...

Mindshards grant +50% total AC and +200% energy for 1 second when picked up.

Total %AC? I don't think assa should ever be able to reach decent defense amounts. Just due to the style of the character.
I guess MDR would be too tricky to balance properly, maybe %DR, or some sort of avoidance ? (evade/avoid/dodge, one of those)

(that doesn't overlap with the buff params, right? I forgot...)

Hmm, last time I checked I couldn't get volcano radius param to work via skills.txt, but I think freq *might* work there.

Either way, cool suggestions, I like it.
As for skill place, I think I could probably make Landmine as oskill; move tiefling form to the bomb tree.
Starbrust would probably get removed. Meh, I tried everything to make this skill viable... I guess in the end the skill is the same as barrage but with less range, less arrows and no wdm.

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deak2112 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:40 pm

@Brother Laz wrote:Is there already a spell called Tempest? Might be a better name for Catastrophe...

I liked it better when named "lightning cascade." Sounds cooler to me. Maybe switch those titles around?
Deak2112
Onyx Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:45 pm

@MarcoNecroX wrote:HEY! I didn't see this thread until now...
I was wondering why you didn't reply.

@MarcoNecroX wrote:
Total %AC? I don't think assa should ever be able to reach decent defense amounts. Just due to the style of the character.
I guess MDR would be too tricky to balance properly, maybe %DR, or some sort of avoidance ? (evade/avoid/dodge, one of those)
Agreed. Not %DR though, Psi sin can already hit 50% DR with Shadow Refuge (and Phase Bomb isn't useful for her anyway).
How about just %block? That way you can hit max block easier while still investing entirely into energy.

@MarcoNecroX wrote:Starbrust would probably get removed. Meh, I tried everything to make this skill viable... I guess in the end the skill is the same as barrage but with less range, less arrows and no wdm.
Yep, it's a shit skill.

Yeah just replace Starburst with Catastrophe, Tiefling Morph with Telekinetic Tantrum and replace Cluster Mine with Tiefling morph. That way the caster morph sits with all the bombs, and you have all the psychic (energy-based) skills together in neutral tree.
archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: