Help optimizing my melee necro

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help optimizing my melee necro

Post by Sexen on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:38 am

Ok so it is no secret I loathe mxl necromancers, but I broke down and made one recently. While I can farm /p8 bremmtown and have been doing vizjun and ureh for high charm farming, I get the feeling I am not even at the characters peak performance. So I ask of all the necro lovers to help me optimize my character based on their testing. Keep in mind I have no issues with survivability on my current build.

Weapon;
Wing of the Dragon God (When I need defense from titan strike)
Tzeentch (Sha'ad rw) I love this item.

Helm;
Metalhead (ITD but i'm thinking about putting ITD on my rw since I got double mo)
Plan on putting on Veil of Magic as soon as Marco fixes SoV.

Armor;
Strength Beyond Strength (AoE and on striking proc with other awesome mods)

Gloves;
Demonic Touch (on striking and other good mods)

Belt;
Dementia (helping me get 95% all res with only 1 of each res pgem + awesome belt anyways)

Boots;
Titan's Steps

Amulet;
Lotteried -10% Dreamcatcher with 4x endless umo's

Rings;
2x lucky emp bands with 8x endless umo's

Skillplan;
Skillplan End (Necromancer, 2012 v005) The 4 skills unused are in the skills that are maxed with feel good inc. extra max skill level.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help optimizing my melee necro

Post by Str0b3l on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:19 am

did you test the set scyth?
not sure but its one of best if not the best weap with that proc

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:39 pm

No I haven't. These items are the only ones I have used so I figure I am missing something. Are you suggesting full set or just the weapon from the set? Also why?

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:33 pm

weap only, worth testing due to awesome proc + other good stats

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:01 pm

i love itd set weap as well ...slow dmg leech proc ...all you can ask, also idk why you want - enemy tri res, nec is basicly about fire and phys dmg

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:51 pm

Why u dont have Dragonfire Oil o_O
Change amu for +4sk light arena hymn/doom proc, rings for +1sk ulysie/burning veli proc +mo with endles (if u have more) or mo with -en res
Titan's are good but u can change it for knight's grace (if u have) and see if this will be better for you. Also like some1 said try set sytche (try to get double mo bonus :3)

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:43 pm

Can each of you make a better skillplan for me? That's why I linked it because i know jack shit about necros.

@RollsRoyce wrote:i love itd set weap as well ...slow dmg leech proc ...all you can ask, also idk why you want - enemy tri res, nec is basicly about fire and phys dmg

Habit really. I pretty much only make weapon damage builds so I blindly make the same choices on builds I have never played seriously before. I really don't have a problem with leech and the sha'ad rw, the screenshot below will show why. Pwnishers seemed to kill faster than guardtowers in /p8 bremmtown but maybe with different gear set weapon will be king. I'll have to see if any of my set scythes can be lotteried. What helm if I get itd set weapon?

@hellgrind wrote:Why u dont have Dragonfire Oil o_O
Change amu for +4sk light arena hymn/doom proc, rings for +1sk ulysie/burning veli proc +mo with endles (if u have more) or mo with -en res
Titan's are good but u can change it for knight's grace (if u have) and see if this will be better for you. Also like some1 said try set sytche (try to get double mo bonus :3)

Amulet = Ok I'll try and roll one. I will not be worrying about hymn because of the screenshot below. I like having 95 all res but does this not matter on melee nec?

Rings= Idk what ulysie is sorry. Please explain. Let's just say I have endless endless Razz

Boots = Oops I meant lifecrushers, because the ones I found had 1 nec skill. I'll try knights grace out, I use them on my pwnce sin and love em.

Weapon = again with the set. Is the 1/1 wdm procs really that much better then more on striking procs (especially the legendary pwnisher)?

leech stats:

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:48 pm

@Sexen wrote:Rings= Idk what ulysie is sorry. Please explain. Let's just say I have endless endless :p
I mean Unseelie :Dwrong spelling :3
Unseelie curse is a curse that locks your all attack skills (i think even a normal attack) and greatly slow u down. It's cast by the Unseelie Dama in Azmo uber, Infernal Machine uber and on the way to Baal. Dont mistake it with curse that cast Black Cats, that curse only locks your range skills (but it's still annoying ;p)
Oh and as for boots you can also have "on switch" crafted with whirpool oskill for the bosses/totems.
Skill plan:
1. Moar dmg plox: Skillplan dmg (Necromancer, 2012 v005)
2. Moar survi: Skillplan survi (Necromancer, 2012 v005)

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tencanek on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:54 pm

Biggest flaw of your build is the weapon slot(no proc). Seriously, for making funny screenies its the coolest one. But for killing things, set bonesplitter and set overall is the smartest choice. Good sur scythe is another top option, but i just cant stand that annoying permashaking screen. Put SSSU gothic back into shared stash or even better, hire Ip from that armored grey haired pimp in Harrogath and give him a b-day present. Just enjoy that ugly white glow from one of the most OPish cheap sets around here and prepare for spreading towers around... And for rings, equip double nebels.

tencanek
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum