Would to ask for help from active users to run me through a few things....

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Would to ask for help from active users to run me through a few things....

Post by base101 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:56 pm

Hey guys,

Long time lurker here. Been playing the mod on and off for a couple of years, never really got stuck into it, ended up getting towards the end of Hatred and found that I couldn't progress (because I wasn't reading enough about the mod / seeing how effective defense is) and not I've got further... problem is I've come to a point that I'm out of my depth.

I've tried to do a little bit of reading, and for some reason I just can't seem to get my head around a few things. One of those being crafting items.

I'm fine with TU's, know my recipes for those, how to disenchant arcane crystals etc. Using MO's and Honorific. That's all well and good.

But I've been following: The kickstarter Sin (Written by BassToMouth) and I'm just going through at the moment getting some of the gear together. I've realised that I don't have the slightest clue of how to make these crazy crafted items, nor the steps involved to be able to prepare the item for being crafted.

Just hoping someone might be able to spend a little bit of time with me and put up with all of my questions. It's one of those where I can't list all of the questions that I have in a thread because I don't know the right ones to ask, and there are sure to be more as I'm going through it.

Currently level 76, just moved onto Terror and struggling in act 1.
So I've gone back, upgraded my gear, so I'm currently max resist / 19k armor.

So, please, anyone out there willing to give me a hand, I'll be more than happy to supply screen shots etc etc if you need.

All the best guys,
NxHunter.

base101
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would to ask for help from active users to run me through a few things....

Post by buffaloburger on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:06 pm

Well the assassin is a difficult class to play. If you are asking about the term crafting specifically then you need to take any sacred tier item and turn it into a rare if it is not already. If its less than rare you can use an oil of enhancement to upgrade it until its a blue/magical item, then use a rune and oil of enhancement to make it rare.

Once you have that rare base item you desire, you can use a shrine on it to give it random rare bonuses + additional shrine craft specific bonuses.

Act 1 terror won't give you access to sacreds or shrines however and you most likely are best off with TU gear and rare jewelry at this point. Is all your gear well upgraded? Are you making use of a melee mercenary to help take the pressure off of your assassin?

Having max resists is incredibly important and its a good thing you have that taken care of. Is there anything specific that is killing you? Is your damage output not good? I personally like to have over 75% fire resist at a minimum, and strive to have extra lighting and cold max resist depending on the area. Perfect gems are excellent for this at this point in the game.

Some screenshots of your gear and what is specifically giving you a hard time will help everyone help you.

buffaloburger
Que-Hegan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by base101 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:13 pm

Ah, I was actually advised that it was supposed to be one of the easier classes to play  Laughing 

Alright, doesn't look like I'm going to be touching anything to do with crafting until I begin finding sacred items and shrines.

I'm using TU's of the following:
Queen of Glass Amour (TU 6)
Deadfall Heavy Belt (TU 6)
Wake of Destruction boots (TU 6)
Featherclaw (TU 6)
Na-Krul's Spine Naginata (TU 6)
Auriel's Halo Tiara (TU 6)

I'll be honest, I've not touched anything to do with mercs, something again I've not had a great deal of experience / found detailed reasons of why which mercs work well with the character types.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

base101
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:24 pm

If you learn to play assassin all other classed will be easier. From my experience assassin is a pretentious bitch early on but later on with a high level, good gear, charms she can be very good if played correctly.

And if you use PlugY or MXL Utility you should put screens of your character stats, skills and gear also, and say what MOs you used, otherwise you can't get specific advice for your character.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by base101 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:49 pm

This is my current set up, fingers crossed I've got everything in the right places, I'll be honest, haven't used a great deal of MO's / any....

Advice is always welcome,
Thanks guys.

Deadfall:
Auriel's Halo:
Wake of Destruction:
Na-Krul's Naginata:
Featherclaw:
Stats:

Fingers crossed that's everything.

base101
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by buffaloburger on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:53 pm

Well if I may be so bold as to recommend picking up an act 2 mercenary to help you out. Load him up with some gear. He doesn't need to provide you with damage, just keep himself alive and drawing some attention. Better yet, get him to provide some buffs or crowd control.

I'd recommend an exemplar version. Get him the TU heavy gloves torques fists or whatever they are called. They will proc glacial nova procs that are going to offer some additional crowd control!

You definitely have up to date TUs, but are they upgraded to your current level with MOs? If so, what kind? Starting in Act 2 you'll be finding some sacreds and shrines, so crafting is just around the corner.

buffaloburger
Que-Hegan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by buffaloburger on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:59 pm

I'd say MOs on your gear are going to help out a lot. Fill all those empty sockets with something! Jewels with +life, +%speeds (FHR, IAS, even FCR!), or just fill them all with perfect bloostones/turquoise/amber/onyx for + maximum resists for now. Get that weapon filled with something! Rainbow stones for crushing blow, ith/jahs for additional damage, Pdiamonds for spell dmg. or just random jewels again.

For MOs you can make use of % life leech on that weapon and bring it up to 350% enhanced damage with MOs. Armor will benefit from either being brought up to 350% ed on high defence pieces, or stack on some FHR, -enemy resist, anything really. You've got decent base pieces to work on, now you just need to fill them all up.

Remember that filling up your gear with sockets is far from permanent. You can switch stuff out with an oil of disjunction at any time, and they are cheap. MO's are permanent without rerolling the item, but they add up to real benefits.

buffaloburger
Que-Hegan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by base101 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:12 pm

Thanks Buffalo,

The sockets shall be filled! (Will head to K3KBA and get some gems there)

I've got a few more questions if you wouldn't mind lending you ear  Very Happy 

What on earth does this do? I've been posts about the "I have 999 Sha'ads" is it the same thing with a different name, because I can't find that MO anymore?
Luck Trial:

Also, regard the two following orbs:
Enhanced Damage and Enhanced Weapon Damage
Orbs:

Using crucify which of these is effecting the damage? I know that there is a difference between the two. So just need to know which is which Very Happy

base101
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by buffaloburger on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:37 pm

Luck trial is the new name for the +999 I need a life 6 Sha'ads. it gives a 2% chance to provide double mystic orb bonuses on an item you intend to make a runeword out of. It doesn't work with magic/rare/set/uniques. If it isn't successful the first time you need to reroll the item until it is.

You want to use the 15% enhanced weapon damage one to bring your %ed up to the 350% cap(this cap applies before socketables). Not sure how to explain how the other one works as I'm not a damage formula expert Razz

I highly recommend using an oil of luck on each and every piece of your gear, even any jewels you plan on using. It could provide good bonuses, especially on jewelry. After all, who doesn't like +1 to all skills or +10% spell damage.

Didn't see your jewelry, but i'm going to assume its up to date.

Forgot to mention my favorite mystic orb in Hatred and Terror which is the damage taken is reduced by 2. Sounds like nothing, but if you toss 15 onto each of your pieces of jewelry then every instance of damage you take is reduced by 90. That being without using it on any of your armor even. Really adds up on these earlier difficulties. It helped me get my assassin through Act 3 terror which was rather difficult for me until I upgraded my gear and adapted my playstyle a bit.

Finally, are you making use of the character orb? The modifiable charm that drops in hatred den of evil? It will provide very useful bonuses to you from ~level 12 through level 119. Can go a long way towards making your life easier.

Last edited by buffaloburger on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

buffaloburger
Que-Hegan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:42 pm

luck orb: 2% to get double Orb effect

@BasstoMouth wrote:- EWD = overall physical damage increase (similar to what you might see on lion stance, bloodlust, mystic orb etc.) If a skill says *Damage 100% that just means 100% EWD.

- ED or Enhanced Damage% is mostly seen on weapons and cap at 350% (technically), and add to the BASE weapon damage.

E.g. 100-100 base damage white Axe. I add 100% ED -> now weapon will have 200-200. I also have 100% EWD on weapon -> now overall physical damage will do 400-400 (hope I explained that right)

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum