My Shower of Rocks Barb Needs Help Badly

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Shower of Rocks Barb Needs Help Badly

Post by jmanelson on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:10 am

So Im level 199 and just arrived in act 5 of Dest.

Me and my buddy (a melee Necro) have been playing and leveling together from the start and my barb just stinks compared to him

I get killed very very quickly even in K3K. I have 25%+ Lifesteal and my stats and skill are below. My gear is not the best but how can I improve.

I struggle in destruction and my pace is very slow to move through the content. I know the gear is not good but am I doing something wrong with the skills or am I just BAD???

How do I gear up with these stats and skills? My friend has similar stats but his parasite just rips through everything.

My main attack is Shower of rocks and my stance is bear stance.

I would really like to make shower of rocks works as a main attack. I Need Helps  Scratch 

jmanelson
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Shower of Rocks Barb Needs Help Badly

Post by Str0b3l on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:22 am

25% LL is way to low

Gear:
Vith in Sacred Belt, best Plated
Nih in Sacred Armor
Nih in Sacred Boots
Fal in Sacred Barb Helm
Weap, craft on a 2hand weap or if you like 1hand + t6 gilded shield for much more def with shrines, try get high alot dmg on it and than orb 350 ED/LL
Sacred items for rw for higher def

you can get the runes easy by farming Terror Grisworld, Special Box + Oil of disj.

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:51 pm

The problem with SoR as a main attack is three fold. Next Delay, the 1 second delay between the attack and the start of the rocks, and lastly the random pattern that the rocks fall in. SoR--to my mind--is a source of bonus damage and debuff.

Playing a barb well is about playing the game with two hands. Skill switching is the key and you just have to get used to it. T-slam, run up to a now stunned pack switching to SoR, hit with SoR then switch to Stormblast and blast away while the rocks fall on their heads.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by templar on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:13 pm

Also your AR is way too low
it should be at least 10x more - you can use runes - el or eld which increase attack rating or MO weapons with +%ar
For +%ar thingie to work you will need some points put into dex probably

templar
Clawstorm Terror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanelson on Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:16 pm

@grimjerk wrote:The problem with SoR as a main attack is three fold. Next Delay, the 1 second delay between the attack and the start of the rocks, and lastly the random pattern that the rocks fall in. SoR--to my mind--is a source of bonus damage and debuff.

Playing a barb well is about playing the game with two hands. Skill switching is the key and you just have to get used to it. T-slam, run up to a now stunned pack switching to SoR, hit with SoR then switch to Stormblast and blast away while the rocks fall on their heads.

My strategy is to start with thunderslam, switch to titan (string once/until gray), then switch to SoR and start stacking the rocks. But even with a ton of rocks coming down, my HP just cant keep up if the group is too large or lots of ranged hitting me (those archers in K3K hurt).

jmanelson
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gekko64 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:25 pm

to fully exploit SoR I'd use something like this: Skillplan Stronker (Barbarian, 2012 v005)

which would eventually become this: Skillplan Stronkest (Barbarian, 2012 v005)

you don't need points into spirits tree, 5 points saved. mountain king and immortal are good one-pointers. runemaster and spirit guide should provide enough defense already, snake+eagle synergizes very well with SoR! open with snake stance thunderslam, by the time the enemies wake up the rocks are falling and you are relatively safe, eagle provides regen when needed. if there's too many enemies, simply retreat with eagle stance when they wake up, then wait for thunderslam to become available again and stun them again Very Happy

grab an act3 bloodmage and give him an Urada RW sword, necrobot reanimates provide good distractions when you need to retreat. he has enough defense and healing to stay alive in most ubers.

Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:26 pm

Well as I pointed out, since SoR has ND "stacking the rocks" doesn't do much good since the bulk of them won't have any effect.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:52 pm

You're trying compare apples with pears... SOR is a slow killing attack(1 sec of delay, short AOE) v/s Parasite( autotargeting after the melee hit allscreen skill. Also, lifesteal is low, remember penalyties in Dest, and, you have ES for recovery purposes... AR is a problem with barbs, you should get at least 20k for ubers. Have you tried use set, 2 handed melée barbarian set?... Don't should be too hard to get it... farm K3000BATerror a bit, and that's all.

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:17 pm

How has no one noticed that he somehow has less than 300k defense on a barb using runemaster, spirit guide and bear stance?

bear stance+shower of rocks is a great noob build because its tanky due to easy 1mil defense, dr and shower debuff along with the fact that the damage modifier on shower helps to make up for your relatively low damage.

What is your gear like? There's no way your defense should be that low.

How many stat signets have you used?

For a noob bear build I go for something like this: Skillplan ish (Barbarian, 2012 v005)

Get you def to around 1 mil, crank up that life with ancient blood and speccing into vit, get a few thousand damage from thundergod and point dumping into wolves, and spam fortress and thunderslam when you can. I really think the bulk of your problem lies in gearing though. Even with TUs your stats are lacking in almost every important category.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanelson on Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:31 pm

@grimjerk wrote:Well as I pointed out, since SoR has ND "stacking the rocks" doesn't do much good since the bulk of them won't have any effect.

What is ND?

I've used 0 signets. I did however complete all level challenges an have class charm.

Also ill try to post my gear later today, it's definitely poor.
Thanks everyone for your help.

Last edited by jmanelson on Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

jmanelson
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum