New to median

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New to median

Post by GrimReaper on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:22 am

Guess you could call my introduction thread as well, long time diablo 2 hardcore player here. Yes, I choose the wise path and since I do not fully understand all features of median so my first play through will be softcore to get to understand the game and eventually will start my hardcore adventure on the inevitable road to death.

I took a good look over at all classes skills and one build that stood out to me was the blood witch build, so any good advice for this build would be appreciated. Even though this seems like a cookie cutter build to me. Been playing /players 8 with it since start and it clears game smoothly if played smart.

I have just reached act 5 at level 45 and everything is going smooth. Going to get a barb merc to help with my minions once I rescue them.

Could somebody explain all the oils?

GrimReaper
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New to median

Post by Thall on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:36 am

Welcome to the mod! I hope you have fun playing your softcore blood witch.

A lot of the information on thing like the oils and cube recipes can be found here in the documentation.

EDIT: I have no real experience playing the blood witch and I don't think many people actually play that build, also if you have more small questions you should probably post them in the short questions thread.

Thall
Bloody Butcher

We March For Macragge!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:06 am

Don't forget your level challenges! Most important thing to do in MXL: http://www.medianxl.com/t3217-mxl-ultimative-xi-html-documentation-v25pre

That guide has everything you need to know about the world of Median. See "challenges". They are basically Quests that must be completed before a certain level.

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by buffaloburger on Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:18 am

http://www.medianxl.com/t729-bloodzon-project-by-stoya-fire-from-hell

Best I can offer you on your bloodwitch (I think this is the build you speak of). Stoya provides some info on his approach to the class.

buffaloburger
Que-Hegan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:10 pm

The Bloodwitch can be quite strong end game and has one of the best sets in the game. It takes some balls to play as you spend so much time with most of your life ball gone.

You could also go with a less nervewracking caster 'zon. Hailstorm o-skill is available on a Zon helm RW (I can't remember which one) plus the standard ammy source. You can get it up to a pretty impressive level. That plus Bloodstorm for cold immunes.

+1 to the above. Check out Stoya's Bloodzon showcase (while remembering that he almost always has everysingle charm in all his videos)

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GrimReaper on Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:01 pm

Wow thanks for all the helpful information. And thank you for the links. I feel that any build could survive as long as you have the most important weapon, which is knowledge. I like my bloodwitch she seems very powerful even though I have probally the worst gear, mainly just jewelwords for now. And balefire skill just plows through anything thats now magic immune in the blink of an eye (still on hatred).

Just started up on the server if anybody has some low levels and want to walk game and help me. lvl 40 just got to act 4.

GrimReaper
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:03 pm

Welcome to hell ! Very Happy

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down