Screenshot Thread

Page 5 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 52 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Screenshot Thread

Post by Str0b3l on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:26 am

@RollsRoyce wrote:you can survive secret marco boss with nagas reign , keep in mind that boss summons 1 missile to all you rminions as well, and since each mkissile explodes into 64 new missiles (nova) that when strcuk proc is triggered alot ...now add other when strcuk procs and just stay there and keep resummoning ...thats the stratehy strobel and i thought about

lol that fun game

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:59 am

Only thing, I meant that both wyrm and barrage do not need to be aimed. Not one aims and the other doesn't. I do not wish to argue with you because like strobel said, no one is going to move from their side. It's cool that this game has the ability to have various super strong builds that each person can find rewarding in their own way. As for off-screening, why not? If you can you should and nerfing wyrmshot (for the millionth time) is not going to change anything except make the skill useless. The Mk series is the balanced version of wyrm.

I never said mk5 did crappy damage. I simply said the aoe is lower then I believe it should be. I have used mk3 and mk4 because I know how to aim and throwsin is for sure my starter character every time. If you are worried that with increased aoe and the additional knives being op, reduce the knives slightly. No doubt it is still an excellent end game build with the fix but wychwind still outshines it to most people (ive seen people posting as such). I think with a slight aoe increase more people will use the skill because they don't have the 10 years of throwsin under their belt like you and I do. When I am in test/play mode I try to look at things through a less skilled players eyes because I have been playing video games heavily since 1991. Mk5 is something I am so thankful you made but I believe the skill needs minor  tweaking (so it's not pro-only) and the knives need to be recolored to red again. Pierce makes mk5 more op then wyrm? Also, is it possible (if you wanted to) give back the scatter knives instead of the pulsing circles?

Hopefully you agree to disagree and your pride doesn't get in your way Razz

More screenshots to come soon people. I'm running out of cool quirky ideas.

5 out of 7 ain't bad...

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:25 am

Only thing, I meant that both wyrm and barrage do not need to be aimed. Not one aims and the other doesn't. I do not wish to argue with you because like strobel said, no one is going to move from their side. It's cool that this game has the ability to have various super strong builds that each person can find rewarding in their own way. As for off-screening, why not? If you can you should and nerfing wyrmshot (for the millionth time) is not going to change anything except make the skill useless. The Mk series is the balanced version of wyrm.

So you're saying nerfing wyrm would make the skill useless. Well thanks for proving my point.

I never said mk5 did crappy damage. I simply said the aoe is lower then I believe it should be. I have used mk3 and mk4 because I know how to aim and throwsin is for sure my starter character every time. If you are worried that with increased aoe and the additional knives being op, reduce the knives slightly. No doubt it is still an excellent end game build with the fix but wychwind still outshines it to most people (ive seen people posting as such). I think with a slight aoe increase more people will use the skill because they don't have the 10 years of throwsin under their belt like you and I do. When I am in test/play mode I try to look at things through a less skilled players eyes because I have been playing video games heavily since 1991. Mk5 is something I am so thankful you made but I believe the skill needs minor tweaking (so it's not pro-only) and the knives need to be recolored to red again. Pierce makes mk5 more op then wyrm? Also, is it possible (if you wanted to) give back the scatter knives instead of the pulsing circles?

The only thing that keeps Mk5 from being overpowered is the fact that it requires a bit of grey matter. Just like wychwind. Both skills used well are OP. Why would increase the nova if you can make full use of it if aimed correctly. Novanovanova fullscreen blabla, that's not really how I like assa to be...

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:42 am

I'm not saying massive increase, just slightly. You obviously decreased mk4's range and I'm not even asking for it to go that big. Just more then it does. I aim the skill just fine in it's current state and it is already viable. I think it would be more viable with less mxl player skills if you gave the newbies a slight break.

I'm saying wyrm has been nerfed and buffed 10000000000 times and laz could never get it right. Wyrm is about as close as it can get to balanced. buffing or nerfing would break it imo.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:56 am

I'm not gonna nerf wyrm because I don't find it to be 50% as good as phalanx or barrage.

Why should I make mk5 more newbie friendly? Assassins are already not newbie friendly.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:00 am

Maybe that's why people (not us) say they suck? Razz

I could debate this forever but go help me in my necro thread and tell me you like/don't like my bugs thread post Laughing Iamrich gem is important Twisted Evil

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:04 am

Why would I care if a random noob I don't know thinks assa is shit?

I have no time for aesthetical upgrades for xiv. I'm already worried I might not get it finished on the deadline I proposed (31jan). It would require me to nerf real life for a week, yet again Sad

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:10 am

I hear that. I think people will cry a lot if you don't release it sooner but will appreciate a highly polished finished product release a little bit later. Take your time and don't give yourself deadlines. I can't imagine you giving yourself pressure when you got jerks like me pressing you for personal changes Razz I really do respect and admire what you are doing. It has always been a dream of mine to make a game that people actually play. I really won't be upset if you make non of the proposed changes I have made, except for the single player drop rate change. I am not going to beat a dead horse on the reasons, but even laz agree's that they are important. No one has still legit beat the void so you still have a bunch of time before people run out of things to do (see laz math's from bugs thread Laughing).

Edit: You should care about the random newbie because the newbie's are the other half of what is keeping this game alive. People like me (bitter veteran's) are not going to keep the game popular. It will be the new guys that come in and then invite their friends and so on and so forth. These kids never experienced some of the easy/hard stuff we have experienced so it might be nice to give some of the new guys a strong assassin build that doesn't require super reflexes or pro-aiming skills.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:28 am

noobs go n leave. veterans support the game forever Smile

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:32 am

Veteran's were newbies at one point in time and more newbie's might turn into veteran's if they didn't have to play standard no-skill switch builds as their only option Razz I'm also finding out that majority of new players to this game start on single player because even with my easy iso (t6 eth item of anything) people are still struggling to fill them. I usually end up overpaying for crap just so they can at least start doing some of the end game content. You know the old need good gear to farm good gear problem. Maybe they will stick with the game and end up being the lucky sob's to find those .0001% chance single player items and trade them to me Razz

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 52 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum