Assassin Way Damage listing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assassin Way Damage listing

Post by arcology on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:13 am

Well, as far as the damage display on Assassin Ways skill tree goes, it seems the formula is
skill level * base damage * hard skill bonus * listed way spell damage bonus
i.e., level 35 way of the gryphon with 17 hard points is
35 * 1-36 * (1+3.4) * 1.91
This yields 1-10584 which is exactly what is listed.
However, changing spell damage items will not change that listed number in spell tab, but not that surprising, probably a d2 quirk, it shows the skill components affecting each other and nothing else.
From my testing, this is close to the character display (though sometimes char display was slightly lower!, usually slightly higher, hard to explain), which would mean the skill tree is showing post- spell damage calculation (because the char display does).
(The alternative is it happens to add 91% weapon lightning damage, AND adds 91% lightning spell damage, but that should lead to a much higher char display. % Spell damage items increase the char display for weapons)

This means that the TRUE stats of that level 35 WoTG, if it were to be listed on an item, is
Adds 1-5544 Lightning Damage
+91% Lightning Spell Damage
Afaik, spell damage only affects weapon elemental damage on direct melee hits. This means that Ways do significantly less damage than they appear to. Hell, I only noticed this because the damage display seemed to be scaling upwards more quickly than 20% per hard point.

TLDR: Ways do much less damage than displayed, typically as much as half, because it includes the spell damage bonus.

Correct/confirm if you can..

Last edited by arcology on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

arcology
Onyx Knight

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Assassin Way Damage listing

Post by hellgrind on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:54 pm

Wow, u win internet. The ancient Egyptians knows that before you.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soponator on Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:08 pm

Dizzy read the first two lines, then my brain shut off.

Soponator
Baal

Hairy Ass Argentinian
TGGood 125

View user profile http://www.medianxl.com/t4645-bienvenidos-al-foro-oficial-de-med

Back to top Go down

Post by gg2 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:12 pm

I don't get it? his post only have 1 line.

gg2
Scaled Mutant

Marco's Favorite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PhoenixRising on Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:40 pm

hmmm i think you have got some of it correct, however it would be accurate in two ways instead of one:

+1-10584 lightning dmg
+ 91% lightning spell damage
this is for Wdm skills

which i think would mean that the 91 % spell dmg wont be listed, but will effect any lightning based procs.

at the same time, then for an energyfactor skill, the 91 % spell dmg would affect the displayed dmg, but the bonus of 1-10584 dmg will not.
- also, afaik then spell dmg will not affect the elemental damage on your melee attacks., but will affect any spells procced from the attack.

can somebody smarter than me get in here and help as this is actually quite interesting.....

PhoenixRising
Heretic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:55 pm

You are just saying how it works. Yes you are correct. Spell damage from ways only affect procs and twin fang strike and collision on mk5.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum