Gearing help for unholy caster paladin

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gearing help for unholy caster paladin

Post by VoIkan on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:10 pm

recently made a unholy paladin caster, went mostly off the guide thread but it seems to be out of date after the lightning wall nerf and i was wondering what would be good early-mid game gear to use? I'm struggling with defense problems it seems in act 3 destruction(have around ~110k def with tainted blood)

i currently use:
TU6 The Magister
TU6 Queen of Glass
TU6 Blackguard Helm
sacred honorifc belt with quiet shrine
sacred honorifc gloves with quiet shrine
sacred crafted boots with apocalypse and quiet shrine
2x rare crafted rings with 1skill and 40 lightning damage
4skill rare amulet

i've been able to cheese most ubers i have access too but chrysaor sewers just destroys me right now. not really sure where to farm for SU's.

Help would be appreciated, thanks.

VoIkan
Desert Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gearing help for unholy caster paladin

Post by wow123400 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:13 pm

K3k.....an unholy melee or a holy melee can do it easier tho,then you can step into duncraig

How many beam of mindflay do you have now?you need enough tanks to do dunc,so either summon,or use reanimates,in dunc,use slayers to scout for trouble 1st

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VoIkan on Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:48 pm

i have 4 beams of mindflay, i do have the edyrem charm for summons or i could put a point into scourge.

should i just stick to farming the unprotected necromancer over and over? ive tried progressing through the map but the skeletons destroy me before i can kill the totem and run away

VoIkan
Desert Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:15 pm

No you gonna kill everything in there now,it is pretty easy since you have that teleport skill that freezes everything,teleport to the totem with your summons,bring an exemplar merc from act 2,he will retaliate to blow all skeletons near by away,then you mindflay the totem,once the totem is gone,all skeletons are free to kill,when kill the necromancers,do the same,cause they have miasma now,so you gonna teleport on his ass,then mindflay the fucker,you also have auto aiming poison skill and slayer and whole screen apocalypse,so you are totally fine there,once you think that place is a piece of cake for you,then go to dunc,which is a bit harder,you will go slow for the 1st a few tries,then you will be ok

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:09 am

What unprotected Necromancer?
lol XIV

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VoIkan on Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:47 am

@wow123400 wrote:No you gonna kill everything in there now,it is pretty easy since you have that teleport skill that freezes everything,teleport to the totem with your summons,bring an exemplar merc from act 2,he will retaliate to blow all skeletons near by away,then you mindflay the totem,once the totem is gone,all skeletons are free to kill,when kill the necromancers,do the same,cause they have miasma now,so you gonna teleport on his ass,then mindflay the fucker,you also have auto aiming poison skill and slayer and whole screen apocalypse,so you are totally fine there,once you think that place is a piece of cake for you,then go to dunc,which is a bit harder,you will go slow for the 1st a few tries,then you will be ok

i tried the exemplar strat and he just dies instantly with merc gear i have for my buff barb, i also tried duncraig but i cant escape from the entrance(lol). not sure if im just a total scrub or if im doing something wrong

VoIkan
Desert Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Istaryu on Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:02 am

Farming k3k is very easy if you have the dr from brc skill, you can tank the skeletons forever with tainted blood

Istaryu
Curst Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VoIkan on Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:19 am

@Istaryu wrote:Farming k3k is very easy if you have the dr from brc skill, you can tank the skeletons forever with tainted blood

i have as many points as i can put into it (12/12) and 80 to all res. still get destroyed

VoIkan
Desert Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Istaryu on Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:22 am

Maybe the avoid from the uh caster set makes me immortal there... Btw try getting more max skill lvls (complete all the minigames, monster charms etc)

Istaryu
Curst Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chickenfeeder on Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:13 am

I don't think def is problem for a caster, especially a powerfull one like unholy pala, trust me i had an unholy caster, only speed boost from rapture and sbeast is enough, keep running for good places to aim and fire, if you want more surviality roll 2 rare ring for some reanimate. I got only ~16k dmg mindflay and ~16k (the forth skill that summon demon to fire i forgot name), rarely die except in hall of pain where there is many lighting immune. So don't look at def, summon isn't needed either imo, just ~10-20% reanimate and some jugging skill and you will find no problem farming in low lv places like TA, untill you get some better gear

chickenfeeder
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum