Druid Arrow Proc Build (please help)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Druid Arrow Proc Build (please help)

Post by Mason_Jar on Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:11 pm

So I had the idea of using an Arrow Proc Druid archer after many long hours of farming with my arrow proc Amazon. Of course it won't be the same but so far the results are pretty convincing!

Here's my set up:

Weapon: Azgar's Mark Viper Bow (Sacred) (50% Arrow Proc)
Helmet: Peacebringer Hawk Helm (Sacred) (10% Arrow Proc)
Body: Albrecht's Revenge Chain Mail (TU6) (10% Arrow Proc)
Quiver: Locust Hive (5% Arrow Proc)
Boots: Knight's Grace Greaves (Sacred) (3% Arrow Proc)
Gloves: Demon Touch Leather Gloves (Sacred)
Belt: Black Void (Heavy Belt)
Amulet: +4 Skill, doom proc
Ring: X2 Adrenaline

SWITCH: Shamanka (for buffs of course)

I'm undecided on the Uber Skill first of all... I can't decide between Force of Nature and Faerie Fire. Then there's the attack. I really enjoy using Spore Shot and initiate with either Nova shot or Cascade (depends on situation). Spore Shot is for closer encounters since the other 2 have more range. Elfin weapons is just enough for 50% CB etc. Max Life shield and Goodberry. So all that aside I did a 50/50 str/vita split on stats.
So the problem is in duncraig, the physical immune NecroBUTTS. They die... but they take a lot of mustard to dowse. What can I replace to take down these guys? Is there a more efficient way to set up this character?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I appreciate any help I can get.

Mason_Jar
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Druid Arrow Proc Build (please help)

Post by RollsRoyce on Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:25 pm

seems solid, only thing i could mention is -enemy fire ress to boost demonic touchs proc...other than that nova shot at close range

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Mason_Jar on Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:15 pm

Does nova shot trump cascade? Also in dunc when entering the first big room (from the cave) 5 spore shots usually messes up the room pretty bad. I could follow up with Nova shot when they get close (thanks for that!). I'll shoot for more -fire resists too, I'm fairly unfamiliar with the procs. That proc should help kill the Necromobs. Thanks for the compliment RollsRoyce.

k3llam, it's not that I'm having a hard time farming dunc. I can farm pretty well with my other characters. I just have ADD with my toons and need to switch often. The FHR seems great for when I blink into other rooms. What does Punisher do?

I can usually clear the first large room (in either version) of duncraig in about a minute, usually all that remains are necromorbs or w.e. they call themselves. Another issue is now I have to teleport around to navigate. My druid sits at around 244k defense and 13~14k life. Spore shot and nova shot hit around ~30k, 83 to all resists. I added some LAEK to the mix as well. I'll get -fire resists first then start using Nova close range, after that I'm going to test more FHR and that punisher proc. Thanks guys!!

Mason_Jar
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:41 pm

I would go force of nature, ghal runeword belt, and keep a bow heavy on elemental damage on switch if you're hell bent on killing the necromorbs. I usually just leave them alone cuz they aren't too much of a bother once you kill of the bulk of every room.

nova shot>cascade

Wyrd is nice too because there's no aiming involved and procs arrows maybe a tiny bit faster than spore shot.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpamBomb on Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:59 pm

the 3% from knights grace isn't worth it over clawfeet

Azgar's Nemeton or Nuclear Blast on switch

MOTW >>>> blood lust

SpamBomb
Bane Hunter

King of AFK
TGBest 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:10 pm

In general I would agree with Ouchy about nova shot versus cascade but cascade can be very nasty in open high density areas. But if you can get right in their face, nova shot just slays em.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mason_Jar on Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:46 pm

@The Big Ouchy, I've never actually tried Wyrd before. The only OSkills I've used that don't come on charms are Tantrum and Sky Siege. I'll look at the documentation for more information on this skill, thank you! (Duly noted that Nova is better haha). I'll grab those items too, I'm pretty sure I have the stuff.

@Spambomb, What's nuclear blast on switch? I don't know what MOTW is either, I'll check the documentation later tonight. Clawfeet seems good, although I haven't come across that item yet :/ Thanks for the input. I'm pretty new so the information was kind of vague, but thanks anyways Smile

@grimjerk, Cascade seems nice for the range on it. Since I didn't know what to do with my skills, it is near max and has 80 yrd range which snipes most things. I do use it to initiate on monsters I cannot see. Thanks for the advice Smile

After the advice so far, my biggest problems now are:
#1: in duncraig surviving after a blink into a new room. I usually live 40% of the time... Which isn't saying much since I have to use Blink 20 or so times now. (I miss the other map...)
#2: killing physical immunes, a good elemental damage bow on switch will help fix this (and thanks for the advice on that), I'll mess around and see what pops up.
#3: Staying in theme. I prefer bows 10 to 1 over anything. So those will always stay, 2ndly I want to keep the arrow proc unless I find something extremely fun. My amazon "farterzon" is a blast to play, so I'm trying to recreate the same feeling with one of my other favorite characters. It's also a good proc because once the arrows begin to proc I can navigate large groups of enemies in tight quarters due to the fact I have a barrier of arrows around me. It's just tough to get the proc started when I'm surrounded by guys and die in a few hits.
#4: Sockets and MO's. I used the arrow proc MO's on my weapon (only fits 2), for the rest I've used mostly Marksman's Eye, thunder hammer, the endless light, and random fillers for when I can't fit a UMO. Armor is socketed with XAR runes except for belt which is 2 poison resist gems. The weapon has 4 rubies and 2 rainbows.
#5: I rely 100% on my opinion and the opinions of others because I just made this build up entirely. No skeleton build or guide to work off of so many things may be messed up since I'm fairly new.

Thanks everyone for reading and please continue to help Smile It's much appreciated!

Mason_Jar
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum