Zon doing Black Road Challenge in TA

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zon doing Black Road Challenge in TA

Post by Kato on Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:22 pm

Up to now doing the light/cold priestesses in TA was easy - because I always had a skill that was either pure lightning or pure cold.

Suppose I had a lightning skill... that meant I could go for the light boss first, kill all the mobs around her without fear of accidentally killing the boss, then lure her to a point fairly close to the other boss so that when I kill the cold boss I can run easily to the light boss, kill her, cube the charm. Even then it was a bit easy to get it wrong and kill a the wrong time.

But using a zon it's much harder. I have no lightning or cold skill, so whichever boss I go for first dies easily, so I have no time to get to the other in 30 secs.

The guide doesn't help, the strategy doesn't deal with this issue. Any suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks in advance.

Kato
Core Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zon doing Black Road Challenge in TA

Post by romanN1 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:52 pm

Actually the guide does help...I followed it and it was succesfull...And I just have only T6 items...you just have to be extremly carefull and take the shortest/fastest path back to the lured boss...max dragonlore for high damage, 0 timer phalanx, 10 targets wyrmshot, points in ghost arrow for wyrmshot range, you can use ecstatic frenzy for more damage, attack speed and moving speed...

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:01 pm

You just have to be more careful when luring. The idea is to lure a small portion of the surrounding lightning mob away from the boss by running backwards after aggroing, kill them, and repeat until you can get the boss relatively close to alone.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by axios on Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:13 pm

axios
Slain Soul

weaK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:13 pm

My preferred method:
1. Clear past first fork, open a portal
2. Clear until Skovos, lure her back to the entrance and go back into Halls of the Dead lvl 2, take waypoint back to base
3. Take portal in town back to TA, clear until Lycander, lure her back to Skovos and kill them together

Pro:
No need to enter Philios' room (lore-wise Kabraxis favors her element after all  Cool ).

Con:
Path to Lycander is length (but you can always open TP along the way so you can recover corpse in case you die).

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:27 am

I usually lure Lycander to the Dead Philos room and kill then teleport to Skovos' room and kill her. Much more risky, but after you do TA 12304812456345 times, I prefer the crazy suicidal method.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PhoenixRising on Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:46 pm

and if you want a bit more gay version: If you lure them to the edge where you can tp between (the upper left corner of Philios room), you can kill one, kill the other over the wall, cube the charm and go TADAAAAAA as you just did the quest ^^

PhoenixRising
Heretic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:31 pm

^^ Yup that's my method too.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kato on Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:53 am

I like the sound of the killing over the wall - you mean you lure and kill Lycander then stand and fire Wyrmshots until Skovos is dead ? Or do you blink over (risky version)?

The biggest problem I have though is luring without killing the priestesses. Any of my skills that kills the normal zons tends to kill the priestesses.

And it's impossible to kill off my bloodmage merc!Even when I take all his gear off he still won't die! grrrr
EDIT: I got a witch to kill him.
EDIT 2: Finally got it done Smile Thanks to all for help!

Kato
Core Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum