Fortress Barbarian help and tips

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fortress Barbarian help and tips

Post by matrix4767 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:53 pm

Hello, I have decided to play and farm using the Fortress Barbarian. My two other characters are the Unholy Caster Paladin and Parasite Necromancer. I stopped using them, at least until i get some SUs and uber charms due to losing health faster than regenerating it.
I've read the guides by Homm and MUS01 and looking for the Sacred Uniques listed in the end game gear.

The Fortress skill got my attention, because it and Thunder Slam make a nice combo, also powered by Kraken Stance and Nephilim Weapons.
I've managed to get the charms up to Crystalline Flame Medallion (unupgraded, as melee lock + beacon = death). All challenges and minigames are completed.

My questions are:
1. Which areas are most suitable for farming SUs and how much magic find would be neccessary?
2. What runewords can I use to hold out until I get some SU's (and if I'm lucky, SSUs etc.)? I have all runes minus the Elemental ones.
3. Should I respec this build to something different, like using Shamanic Trance? I have used Runemaster, it helps to survive a bit longer, but reduces my kill speed a bit, so Thunder Slam is less effective. It's not at full potential either, due to me relying on runewords. Maybe throwing weapons, though the guides for them are outdated.
4.Which mercenary would help out the most?

The runewords I have now are Avatar, Kahless, Truce and Hibagon.

Thanks in advance.

Update: Got the Hellbourne Disciple.

Last edited by matrix4767 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

matrix4767
Sasquatch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fortress Barbarian help and tips

Post by grimjerk on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:24 pm

1. Dunc and TA are a couple of the usual suspects.
3. Stick with Neph Weapons. If you need more defense you can always keep duel cautious strike swords on switch.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:03 pm

I like the Urada RW sword on Fortress Barbs because the Necrobot reanimates also benefit from Kraken Stance (need 1 point in Spirit Walk), Nephilim Weapons (provided you cast it with them around) and their attacks trigger Wolf Companion's Doom. Plus they're immune to physical damage, so they can tank quite a bit for you.

For a more funny option you can use the Sudis Murale TU Glaive with Fortress on kill. Low phys damage but it's neat to see the screen fill up with self-proccing Fortresses. This is my preferred leveling item.

Since you have access to Toraja GRs, see if you can survive replacing your Truce belt with Nero (10% ctc Fortress on attack). You should be attacking between casts of Fortress anyway, and the procs will benefit from everything else you have.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:07 pm

200-250 mf is enough as long as you don't sacrifice killspeed...

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum