Important breakpoints / things I need to know for a Pounce Curare Amazon (Spear/Poison)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Important breakpoints / things I need to know for a Pounce Curare Amazon (Spear/Poison)

Post by WiZoRZ on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:46 am

Are there any vital breakpoints that I need to be aware, or any strategies / items that are needed to get my Amazon to the next level?

WiZoRZ
Quill Bear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Important breakpoints / things I need to know for a Pounce Curare Amazon (Spear/Poison)

Post by WiZoRZ on Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:37 am

Look very nice but I'm not so sure on how does it work. I mean, I get most of it but I don't get the final results. For example, If I look at the Faster hit recovery section and enter 90 in the skill section, it leave me with 2 row of numbers, which are : Additional item FHR and Frame.

I get the frame one, the lower the better, but it tells me -18 = 3 frames and 24 = 2 frames

What does it mean? I really don't get it.

WiZoRZ
Quill Bear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Important breakpoints / things I need to know for a Pounce Curare Amazon (Spear/Poison)

Post by Quirinus on Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:20 am

- means you already have it, i think. Ie. -18 means you have 18 too much for that breakpoint. Its there so you know if you can take of some fhr items (and put on something useful) and still be on the same breakpoint.
If its not -, then you need that much FHR to reaach that frame breakpoint.

WSM = weapon speed modifier, you can find it on the base items page as attack speed, its usually from -50 to 50. Dont forget to put in the correct weapon/attack on the dropdown.
Ias= increased attack speed. Keep in mind you need to enter the ias from the weapon, from skills and from items other than weapon, all separately.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:20 pm

rha spear, natasha legacy, gehenna helm, demonic touch, dementia belt, knight grace greaves, botsq ammu, badmood ring, adrenaline rush ring, treewarden and bearstance cotws and you're off to go. you could also use a +4 skills, doom ctc, ttad ammu.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:30 pm

Actually what matters is what kind of build you wanna make...(Farming, Easy charm, Hard Charms etc.)

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by platoprime on Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:09 am

Wild and free gives FRW and FHR. Ecstatic frenzy gives IAS.

Skill FHR/FRW/IAS/FBR/FCR does not suffer from the same diminishing returns that item granted bonuses do. In the case of my bowzon five points into Wild and Free and one point in ecstatic frenzy bring down my IAS final break point from 200 (138 for a spear) to 32 (16 for a spear). This is achieved with a charms.

What this means is that in all likelihood you already meet your breakpoints just with skills.

Make sure you understand the calculator. There are a couple fields to be aware of. Class and weapon are pretty obvious. There are two fields above each table one for skill bonuses and one for item bonuses. Type the listed skill bonus from your skill tree and it will calculate the new break points. Below that it will list the required item bonus from all your charms and equipment to achieve certain frame rates on the left. The number on the right in each table tells you how many frames the relevant animation will take. There are (I believe) 25 frames in a second in Diablo 2's engine.

Keep in mind that the difference between 2 and 3 (50%) frames is much greater than the difference between 3 and 4 (25%) frames. So even if your character doesn't get a skill increase to their relevant animation it's still worth suffering through diminishing returns to get at least the second best animation, the best when possible and definitely IAS or FCR depending on build (I can't remember who but one class requires over 1000 FHR for their final break point.  

Lastly, in my opinion, the best source of any animation stat is jewels. You can get 15% IAS/FHR/FBR/FRW and 10% FCR on a crafted jewel plus three other affixes plus the craft bonus (Such as LL, LaeK, or spell damage.)

platoprime
Jungle Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum