Shrine Crafted bows for duncraig

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shrine Crafted bows for duncraig

Post by Mason_Jar on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:53 am

Hello Median XL community! Ive been crafting bows for several hours. Hunting down bows and shrines and repeatedly clicking like a monkey  Scratch to get some decent rolls. I'll post the question bellow the picture.

So I have these 3 bows I've made. They took a long time... I haven't done too much crafting in my time but I feel like these are pretty darn good rolls. I'm looking for a bow for my amazon that isn't unique that can handle duncraig really well. Since the update I have been stuck teleporting into the masses to only get stuck by mobs and barrels. I was thinking since I can kill a couple when I get in (with barrage) maybe I just need a more specific bow to what I'm doing, so I made these. Not sure exactly what I need though! I was considering the use of Tantrum Oskill since it surrounds me with a damage AoE faster than Barrage. I haven't made a good tantrum roll yet though.

So are these good for anything? Or should I just reroll them. If they have any use I'll set them aside in the stash for another day. Thanks and sorry for the noob questions  Hitting a Wall

Basically I need a crafted bow that can cut through enemies that are nearly on top of me when I blink around in duncraig. I'm using barrage and phalanx if that helps any. I am willing to use a rare bow too. I just can't think of anything that helps..

Mason_Jar
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shrine Crafted bows for duncraig

Post by GregMXL on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:15 pm

If I had to choose I'd go with the Hawk Branch bow and mo it with life leech. But tbh, I'd probably just make a double mo runeword of your choice in a zon bow.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mason_Jar on Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:30 pm

Ok thanks Greg. I do have a spare x2 MO bow ready to go for a RW and a spare x2MO stardust I could put to use I spose. Just trying to be unique lol. Oh well... *dusts off charmstriker*

thanks for the advice Smile

Mason_Jar
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:39 pm

Hey use whatever you gotta use to make your character kick ass. I just gave my opinion. Chasm and Stardust are insane. Have fun.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mason_Jar on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:26 pm

They are really good, but I feel like my Amazon is suffering due to the amount of "blinking" I have to do in duncraig. Idk what to do differently. Was hoping a new bow would help but I have all but a few bows and I'm not seeing the answer. If I understood the mechanics a little better I guess that'd help. I did a lot of research and I'm still pretty stuck.

Mason_Jar
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:50 pm

There's plenty of guys here who love to use the bowzon and are quite successful with her. They will probably chime in here with excellent advice. She will always be squishy due to lack of defense and there's not a thing you can do about it. Reanimates can help, Phalanx is fun. You just gotta be a fast killer(Ecstatic Frenzy) and learn to kite.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:50 pm

This is why everyone made assassins back in the day btw.

What really helps in dunc is getting a feel for where the enemies are going to be on the other side of the wall. On some walls they can also see you through the walls which you can use to move them out of the way before you teleport.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:40 pm

One thing I used to do is walk along a wall until I'm in a corner so that all the monsters aggregate there, then walk directly away from the wall for over a screen, walk in a perpendicular direction until I'm facing another corner, and then run straight forwards over the screen-length and teleport over the wall at this other corner.

With some luck ( Mad ) all the monsters near the wall will follow you as you walk along it and stop at the first corner. Then they'll lose track of you as you move away, and you can rush forwards and blink over before they have enough time to move to the other corner.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mason_Jar on Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:53 am

I used a mini guide for an arrow proc zon which has been my biggest success in duncraig, although I really can only survive 1-2 teleports then my luck runs out. I have noticed you can kind of persuade the enemies to move when they do see you, I try to teleport away. If I'm lucky i can get a barrage off (and arrows procs) before I get hit, if I can manage that the procs will allow me to cut a small path way through the enemies to avoid the first few barrels. Jitan's gate is so slow, I see why people use the assassin for this stuff. The stun alone is amazing.
I brought my tantrum sin there to see how it would do and I can farm most of it without dying. I've heard talk of pounce amazons being great so I tried that but she dies in a couple hits, my javazon is fairly weak too, and wyrmshot just doesn't cut the mustard close quarters. I probably have most of my builds wrong to some degree though. Most of the guides are either hard to find or out dated or non-existent.

I was also thinking of retaliate and Colosseum on a paladin but the dragon stuff threw me off and the spell timer on Colosseum is  super high like 4-5 seconds. I'm just stumped sorry for blabbing so much.

Last edited by Mason_Jar on Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I really do appreciate the help, please don't take me for ungrateful, I'm just frustrated.)

Mason_Jar
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:12 am

You can use Blink as a zon, equip a Pax Mystica staff on switch, Blink over and weapon-switch immediately and start firing.

Paladins get Divine Apparition as their Ennead skill, which is like Blink except with a stun instead of a freeze (so works on a lot fewer mobs since all cold immunes can't be frozen, as well as 25% of all the rest).

Not sure why the dragon stuff threw you off, could you elaborate? It's pretty straightforward (check Marco's guide about it).

Spearzons (and pounce sins) rely on getting so much damage that the monster they're pouncing on gets stunned and dies before it can get un-stunned. If you're getting hit then you aren't doing enough damage.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum