Barbar set

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Barbar set

Post by randomrolf on Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:34 pm

I just found the missing piece for mount arreat set ! The armor Very Happy
Now i wonder , How should i use this set with my barbarian for the best result ?

For the moment im using stormblast with wolfstance
Also except for the set my boots are hunters trackless step and belt is asheara (for dr) also boots provide 5%dr.
rings are xorines ring and amu is lamen of archbishop.

thanks for answers

randomrolf
Clawstorm Terror

TGBest none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barbar set

Post by hellgrind on Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:43 pm

use only 3 part of set(helm,armor,gloves) to get guard/fortrest on kill proc, than smax snake stance+eagle. Get -100epr on switch get motw barb axe filled with nih runes. Use thunderslam for crowd controll and use stormblast with wolf/lion/bear stance (depend what u like) and just kill monsters. Stats point into str only to wear gear and rest into vit, gear filled with ohm runes (except motw axes). And that's pretty much all.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by randomrolf on Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:49 pm

@hellgrind wrote:use only 3 part of set(helm,armor,gloves) to get guard/fortrest on kill proc, than smax snake stance+eagle. Get -100epr on switch get motw barb axe filled with nih runes. Use thunderslam for crowd controll and use stormblast with wolf/lion/bear stance (depend what u like) and just kill monsters. Stats point into str only to wear gear and rest into vit, gear filled with ohm runes (except motw axes). And that's pretty much all.

Thanks alot! When i have the guard proc would it be a good choice to use fortress then? to get more towers up Very Happy
Also what is motw?

randomrolf
Clawstorm Terror

TGBest none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:08 pm

Casting fortress is waste of time because the duration is very short compare to the lock out of this skill.
Motw = Mark of the Wild oskill. It's buff that increase ele dmg. It can spawn on t6 rare barb-only axes and on craft barb-only axes.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:11 pm

@hellgrind wrote:Casting fortress is waste of time because the duration is very short compare to the lock out of this skill.
Lockout doesn't matter at all on a melee barb.
In order to decide whether to cast Fortress or not, you need to ask yourself if you do more damage using melee attack in the time it takes to cast Fortress compared to how much damage Fortress does in 1 cast. The answer is almost always no, except in situations where your Fortress clearly isn't doing damage (like when attacking a K3kBA totem).
There's also the added advantage that Fortress will autoaim at multiple targets beyond the screen that you'd normally need to chase down to kill.

So cast Fortress whenever you can.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:37 pm

^^This. A melee barb that doesn't use fortress is just leaving damage on the table. I've said it before and I will keep saying it. Playing the melee barb well is all about skill switching, learn to play with your right hand glued to the keyboard.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum