Which Builds seem non-existent & why do you think so?

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which Builds seem non-existent & why do you think so?

Post by Westville on Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:26 pm

I feel like Bloodzons are non existent, I believe them to do because of the nerf they once received on bloodstorm; perhaps its also because they're better alternatives. What could fix this? Perhaps is Bloodstorm did two types of damage, or increased the radius, or even the tankability of bloodzon (though they derive their damage from having low life, so I guess thats a bit redundant?

Holy Melee Paladins - I've seen a few of this paladins, but they all complained about them; I find all kinds of really good items for them, and I guess Im putting it here because I was too lazy to actually test it without end-game gear. What could fix it? Tbh, they do amazing area effect damage, tank extremely well, the skills seem very fun; I just find in destruction ubers; theyre damage is really low in killing speed.

Dragon Pally - I saw alot when patch was first released, everyone got rid of their paladins it seems because of the timer required for dragon form. I heard lots of compliments about the damage being nice; but that it was more annoying than fun. Perhaps increase timer?

Most barbs - Barbs are fun to me, I find people make them strictly to do ubers or jobs that require massive tanking. (Ureh). Since this game rarely has areas that do massive damage, I find theyre not as popular. By massive damage I mean things that dont one shot you (dont get me started on this list). Tanking is great; but when everything does low enough damage for other faster killers, then why make barb? I find the skills just aren't good farmers in general, not saying farming is everything; but even most farming characters can do extreme ubers too without issues. Extreme ubers now don't consist of one on one fights but also minions etc; thus farmers take the lead it seems.

I know I've missed MANY and I know tbh...builds are countless, but I just figured it'd be a fun discussion. Keep in mind we're talking about mid game, end game, and overall in general.

One last note; and I know this won't be added because as some say it would add more grinding to the game, but imo it just annoys me. I wish charms would get a 50% nerf, and trophies would add the other 50%; meaning no buffing the charms or nerfing, but actually requires some farming of it a bit...why? Because not only do items exceed charms worth by 20 miles; but I & many others can obtain every charm in this game by the time we find a single good SSSU we need. Probably intended, but Im not a "farming" kind of guy, Im a "grinding" type; and I just feel we should have some sort of fun if we're not farmers but grinders; to possible trade for items from farmers. I know this idea will probably be shot down; but its what I love to do...the bosses, rather than being a robot and mindlessly farming like a madman. lol

Ideas?

Westville
Arachnida

Ace of Spades
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which Builds seem non-existent & why do you think so?

Post by Quirinus on Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:40 pm

Barbs are good farmers, so no need to buff them for that reason. I'm having problems with most ultimative ubers with barb though - but some of it can be blamed on not enough skill/time.

Biased as i am towards barbs, id like a buff, but it wouldnt help much, since the problem isnt in the stats/skills, its in the damage/life cap combined with damage+bonuses (ie. concept is slightly fucked up in the whole medianxl (+d2 bad design/code), and thats hard and tedious to change, and affects most chars).

Though, it would be nice to have a skill that can gay ulty ubers at least a bit, given that some other chars have them, or nerf it on other chars. ( there might already be skills of similar description on barbs, but i either missed them or im not skilled enough or havent thought enough about it ( no time qq))

There might be similar problems with some other chars, but i dunno, since i dont have time to play/test with them.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:50 pm

- treewarden, cool char but no one plays it, im just confused that rat has tcd from morph and tree only from lvl 24 that is only from time to time
cool char but so low on def without berrys

- melee barb not using stormblast, skills before stormblast are kinda only used to get to stormblast

- uh melee, exists but sooooo rare

-

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by axios on Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:57 pm

no1 uses rattata mby only as a hm-slave.idk what's up with all that hate

axios
Slain Soul

weaK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:00 pm

rattata?

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jelle on Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:45 pm

As I see it the problem with barb is that a majority of the 'hard' encounter is based on dodge (aka sin) charaters.
Making encounters based on one-shots basically makes sins more than double as tanky (50% dodge = only 50% chance to die) as what is supposed to be the 'tank'.

This is kinda the same mechanism that makes melee characters shit in this game, but I guess with the caps and stuff you'd have to entirely remake the mod in order to balance this.

Jelle
Ice Clan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:25 pm

@Str0b3l wrote:- melee barb not using stormblast, skills before stormblast are kinda only used to get to stormblast
IDK, SoR is pretty good. I use it in conjunction with Stormblast often. And every melee barb uses Thunderslam.

EQ is useless though. I would like to see EQ's WDM raised to 3/2 and SoR's reduced to 3/4 (possibly with a boost to magic damage and its curse) . That way EQ would be perfect for instantly applying screenwide poison and slow with Snake Stance, and SoR would be the spammy magic damage and debuff ability.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:09 am

@Str0b3l
ratata = traprat :3

1. Good old pouncesin <3 I want her back !
2. Pouncezon ? i haven't seen them for a long time only because they require really good gear to start. And making ubers where u have single targets is just suicide.
3. Summoner barbs. They are exists but i think only in legends.
4. Throwbarbs, same as summoners but if u can gear them properly they can faceroll uberlvls. Ofc single target ubers are pain in the ass.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:14 am

I would try them all. But time is short and offline tools don't work at the moment. Plus some build require to play the way i don't like.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by axios on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:17 am

@hellgrind wrote:@Str0b3l
ratata = traprat :3
nah man you know rattata,evolves into raticate...
back ontopic: I can think of a lot more like zigzagoon,zubat,caterpie,metapod.If ppl would give them a shot they can turn out great,as long as they stop looking for a guide and start thinking theyr own team combo

axios
Slain Soul

weaK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum