Which Builds seem non-existent & why do you think so?

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Which Builds seem non-existent & why do you think so?

Post by romanN1 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:27 pm

Pounce is for farming dude...The other ones are boss killers...i used hyena strike in combination with SA for killing lilith in toraja...Easy as pie.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by IVIike on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:32 pm

I would like to see the Akarat Paladins back amazing builds before Nerfed like everything else,
for those who don't know, they are what u get charm from in a3, dudes that cast Hammertime, was great build back ion the day and fun

IVIike
Horadric Mage

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:56 pm

Body of the savior did get the timer reduced to 2 seconds. Means not having to wait 50 seconds every new game to summon them. Very Happy 

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:00 pm

Anyone ever played a pure summoner zon?There is one tree in the uber page for every character,almost all other char has a single build in that page,what about zon?

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vullara on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:38 pm

@thedarkbobo wrote:My personal opinion is that there is no mid game in Ultimative..I dont like it. Spent lot of time in TA/fauzt long long time ago. This time after I farmed dunc and moor(which ofc will be nerfd - fk.) so now I can do TA without dying with few builds maybe. Fauzt is different story - i'd consider only few. It pisses me off tbh :)80-90% of sssu's with no builds around it, since they are just not good enough (for farming i mean).
Holy pala with new changes? no real synergy? Barbs kill speed (not su labrys) was slow as hell last time I tried... even javazon seemed so so in current dfazut ..wtf rly..i'm wondering if i forgot how to make one or it's new changes of some kind that are deadly. blebleble. Looks like there is small difference between Op as hell(with great items) and dead and bad.

So ofc every build works ! Till you reach after-beating-destru phase and get stuck Smile
whatever
qq

Javazon with Spike Nova crafted javelin with decent damage (1k+ atleast) and smax curare is a cakewalk. Fastest fauzt clears I have ever done are on java.

Vullara
Core Lord

TGBest None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:46 pm

^^Median is the only place where "fast" and "Java" an be used in the same sentence.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:26 pm

@wow123400 wrote:Anyone ever played a pure summoner zon?There is one tree in the uber page for every character,almost all other char has a single build in that page,what about zon?
Pure summoner builds don't make sense for every class. The ones with summoner trees (Nec, Barb) rely on using their passive abilities and buffs (totems, burning veil, stances) to boost the summons. The other classes all use their active abilities to support their summons, and that's fine.

Now you might instead ask "Is any zon summoner build viable?" And I don't know the answer to that. My own experiences with it are from years and years ago.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:33 pm

^^I would disagree with you there only in that when I define "summoner" I say a summoner is a toon that relies on summons to do the majority--if not all--of his killing. So I would say the examples you cited would be pure summoners.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:05 pm

I don't think we're disagreeing, I'm just saying that for some classes the concept of a pure summoner (as something to balance around to make sure it works) doesn't make sense. They simply don't have enough summon skills or minion-based abilities. So for those classes it's better to ask if hybrid summon builds are viable.

For example you could make a sorc build that summons ice elementals all day and just follows them around. All her other points go into passives. Such a build is going to be inferior to a sorc who uses other skills to kill things, even if they're only 1-pter spells. That's just the nature of the class, and it fits thematically. Meanwhile for the theme of a necro it's very important that builds revolving entirely around minion (and/or reanimate) armies works, and the skill tree reflects that.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:56 pm

I would go as far to say that necros are the only class that really make sense as a pure summoner because you have so many buffs to maintain, one of which has to be channeled. In all other cases its self gimping to not have your actual character do something.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum