Weird problem with missing attacks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Weird problem with missing attacks

Post by Duur on Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:40 am

I'm not exactly sure how to explain this problem. I use a barb with ancient's hand/su labrys for stormblast as my main attack, and sometimes when I come across an enemy that has certain immunities, my character will miss every attack with ancients hand and stormblast never fires. I dunno if this is a common issue for similar things. Switching to regular melee attack fixes it and I just plow through the thing normally, but I'm confused on what's making me "miss".

For example, I was just running through the Yshari Sanctum and in the first area there's some big giant dudes that are immune to physical and lightning, but I can't hit them (or it takes a while) unless I switch to my regular attack. My guy just swings like a million times in a row and a whole bunch of ancient's hand boulders and stuff fly everywhere but they don't do any damage. I'm sorta wondering if this has been my downfall to killing certain uber bosses i.e. not being able to damage some at all.

If someone knows what this is all about please let me know so I know what to look for in the future or a better way to deal with it. Thanks!

Duur
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Weird problem with missing attacks

Post by Rob Lucci on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:35 am

How much dexterity/attack rating have you??

Rob Lucci
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duur on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:41 am

Like only around 20k AR or so... I have ignore target defense too, not exactly sure how that works but I would assume it helps  Scratch

Duur
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:50 am

Yes, sometimes you see the monster in the middle of the casted spell or under your atacks but he is not taking any damage what so ever. During that moment mob usually stays static - kinda like a stuck in his movement. After a few moments when char is moving around the mob 'unstucks' himself and is killed.
Some enemies got avoid, that also might be the case here.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duur on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:20 am

It's so weird... hmmm I'm not sure if it matches that description entirely. The enemy doesn't seem like it gets stuck and I doesn't die afterwards. It just doesn't make sense to me; my first thought was that I was just missing but I never can do all of my damage to the enemy as long as I'm using ancient's hand, and I always hit them when I switch to regular attack. I'm not really sure how to explain it without showing it I guess lol maybe I'll make a short video of it sometime. I know I've run across a few enemies that this happens to, I wish I could remember them all right now

Duur
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:00 pm

I oftenly have that problem with some invisible vultures in harogath. Can't remember they're exact name. The just stand still and I'm hitting them hundreds of times and don't die...When I leave and they start moving, they're death..

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:30 pm

It happens when they are next to a wall. The wall kills all stormblast/ancients hand missiles, so the monster takes less damage. Just attack them from an angle that doesnt make your missiles run into the wall, and in most cases theyll take normal damage.

If the missiles were smaller it probably would happen a lot less, but then sprite limit would be a problem.

At least thats my take on it.

@romanN1 wrote:I oftenly have that problem with some invisible vultures in harogath. Can't remember they're exact name. The just stand still and I'm hitting them hundreds of times and don't die...When I leave and they start moving, they're death..

Thats a much bigger problem when they block the narrow passages in the arcane sanctuary, especially when youre trying to get to the summoner. It seems they cant be hurt or hit while theyre in the flying or landing animation. And the landing animation/action seems to have some problems and is too long.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:28 pm

Yes...Best solution, just teleport after...

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by Duur on Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:01 pm

Here I sorta made a video to show it... of course it wasn't as dramatic as it usually is, but you can kinda see what I mean. Maybe the monsters this happens to just have a crap ton of HP? I guess I'm used to just hitting something once or twice and it dies. I do have -199% fire/lightning (and cold) enemy resists, and I think stormblast and ancients hand hit per frame... I've never seen something tank so many ancient's hands if they're actually hitting lol. (Yeah and I do realize he's lightning immune so stormblast doesn't do anything, but that's not the point the point is that it's not proccing/ancients hand seems to do no damage).

But anyways, the first guy goes down relatively quick cause I had lion stance on and the added magic damage usually hits even though ancients hand wont. You can notice that no stormblasts proc'd on him. The second guy I switched to my regular attack to show how often I can hit these guys.. I miss a couple times but yeah. I then proceed to whack away with ancients hand and you can hear stormblast proc only once. It just doesn't seem like any of those ancient's hands are doing anything, I could be wrong though. Thanks

Duur
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum