Ultimative journey - HC and SC

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ultimative journey - HC and SC

Post by VroaxE on Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:18 pm

If you play SP, you can farm chrysaor quite easily with a good map roll (you need the lvl2 stairs next to one entrance). Casters are pretty good at killing him especially with summons to keep him busy. Smaxed mind flay should do the trick. He drops Trader's Chest or 2 uniques (t6, sacred, rarely t5) but no ring/amu. Really helps early though.

VroaxE
Heretic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tencanek on Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:50 am

In sunless sea uber, those yellow balls do magic damage, so that tu shield is very very usefull. For your gear, i would suggest ornate shrine crafts. For most casters strong crafts can be a very engame option. And for belial, stack poison pierce from gear closest to 199 and get as many poison spell dmg and just run around him untill he drops poison reists and then bam! Enjoy your 499 maximum mana and 51 max life book of lies  Twisted Evil 

tencanek
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zaphodbrx on Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:01 am

Belial doesn't drop poison immunity.

I was thinking about chrysoar, but I entered the sewers once and kinda got owned. Do the elementals there have pierce / how much res is needed?

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zaphodbrx on Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:14 pm

Made a quick video of me running K3KBA

P3 setting, unholy melee caster with set. I paused in the middle for RL stuff but edited that out.

Edit: also, just finished the imperius set! And Zann Esu for sorc.

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tencanek on Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:17 pm

Belial and BPR are the only heroics who drop poison immunities., ie they dont have 1000 or 500 base poison resists.

tencanek
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zaphodbrx on Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:58 am

Maybe it was changed in ultimative. In classic, Belial didn't drop poison immunity.

Anyway, I've compiled a list of the changes I observed. At the end I've put all the uberquests completed in order and the characters I did them with.
Post will be updated constantly.

Uberquest changes

Butcher: He's the same, except now he heals himself sometimes.

Infernal machine: I think the elites are more powerful, and the tower also casts Deathstrike. Charm is also improved.

Tal Rasha: It's the same.

Creature of flame: Same

Tran Athualua: This place is changed greatly on destruction, hatred and terror ( for challenges ) remain same. Amazons now use arrowside upon death which you need to keep dodging. Priestesses have a lot more hp so they are harder to kill and they use tremor to knock your hp down. I think the drop rate of uniques isn't as good as it was before. Still you will probably be running this place dozens of times anyway, at least to get perfect charm and trophy. Finally, there is one place where you can summon a heroic uber to fight ( Athualua ).

Death projector: Same, except sometimes it can cast an opposite Death spiral when attacked. That's in the docs, didn't see it though.

Akarat: Same

Azmodan: Some of the elites are buffed ( Unseelie lady silences now ), but otherwise same.

Aldric Jitan: Same

Khalimgrad: I think the avatar was healing himself more than I remembered. Whatever this quest is stupid anyway.

King Koth: Same

Kurast 3000 BA: It is a little harder but the drop rate of set items has been boosted by a lot, making this a prime farming area.

Island of Sunless Sea: This place got boosted tremendously. The monsters are all different, they're harder to kill and priests use a very damaging yellow ball.

Legacy of Blood: Bartuc's hp has been boosted by a lot, so this isn't a free win any more. Use tough summons.

Judgement day: The avatars are harder to kill and summon more nephalems. Otherwise it's the same.

Bremmtown: Same.

Toraja: Maybe it's a bit more difficult? Imo only character that is actually good at Toraja is RC necromancer.

Quov Tsin: He now uses a physical component in his death beam, so get 100 iDR

Rathma's square: There are big scimitars added that are almost unkillable. Leave them alone and it's pretty much the same.

Cathedral of vanity: Considerably more dangerous because now three units - two clerics and the crystal ball have boss mods, instead of just the crystal ball. This means that cursed/extra strong is much more likely there, retry until you get rid of cursed at least. Also, ball can be elemental immune if it spawned magic resistant or spectral hit.

Inarius revenge: Minions use deathstrike on death. Still easymode.

Bull Prince Rodeo: Is considerably more difficult due to the fact that he heals himself. So you need strong single target dmg and constantly engage him. Just hit a little bit-> run away, doesn't work at all.

Duncraig: No changes, but in ultimative 14 the map is changed and requires teleport to get to places. This is one of the reasons I didn't upgrade yet. Dunc is my favourite uber.

Belial: The big change is that the ancients way gets locked after you go down into the heroic level, limiting cheese options. Belial is a d!ck in cMXL, and he's a d!ck in ultimative as well.

Astrogha: No change.

Kingdom of shadow: The big change is the addition of darkwardens who use retaliate to knock you back. I didn't succeed yet but my character and items are much weaker than what I had in cMXL.

Butcher - Sorc fire/cold
Infernal Machine - Sorc fire/cold
Tal Rasha - Pally UH caster
Creature of Flame - Pally UH caster
Tran Athulua - Pally UH caster
Death Projector - Pally UH caster
Akarat - Pally UH caster
Azmodan - Pally UH caster
Aldric Jitan - Pally UH caster
Khalimgrad - Pally UH caster
King Koth - Pally UH caster
Kurast 3000 BA - Pally UH caster