Post by Str0b3l on Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:14 pm

its a good skill if u dont have problems with recasting it
Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kato on Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:40 pm

I just started this game a while ago and tried sorc as my 5th char. I was looking for the best untwinked new char to get a foothold in the game so I tried the usual suspects (bowzon, assassin, throw barb and necro) and then started this just to get some gear shifted over. It rocks.

1. I haven't died since I started the character and I'm about level 30, halfway through Act 2.
2. I've got 70 stat points I haven't bother to use.
3. I only put 1 point in any skill so far.

It's surprising how easy this char is to play (apart from skill switching). I started it as lightning/cold after reading the discussion saying that that's the most common and easy to play (and that's what I need at the moment). But I'm really interested in the fire skill that gives life regen because I didn't get the roses staff thing until lately so I had no life recovery at all until I got the life-on-kill from that.

This guide is very good though since the idea of buffing MOs onto gloves to make summons elementally immune is great. Since I'm SP I can try switching skills to this later if I want.

Good work to all concerned.

EDIT: I should have added that I'm playing mostly untwinked, later on I gave her the green staff (not roses, the other one since I didn't have roses) and the +2 skills armour. This kinda makes up for the fact that I used nothing from the gift box, which was all stuff for a melee sorc I think.
It's fun to blast your way through the early game and I was having so much fun I didn't stop to worry about gear except to make the runewords suggested in Marco's guide and do the MOs for summons.
I expect I'll hit a brick wall soon and have to think about it a bit harder. Must remember to do the Challenges!

Kato
Core Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [v6e] Tanya, the Sorceress

Post by Kato on Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:19 pm

One question that just came up in reading ahead in the guide to the late game.

It says that teleport will be important in the late game, but I don't seem to see any item that has Blink (or Teleport) on it. The one thing I miss about the old cLoD sorc is teleporting everywhere, so if that's still possible somehow then that would be fantastic.

I looked through all the gear carefully, but didn't see any teleport. What am I missing?

Also, it doesn't say where you should use the MOs to make your summons elementally immune in Terror. I already maxed that on the gloves, so I guess any of the TU6 gear that has spare MO capacity?

Kato
Core Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:25 pm

Blink - five second timer teleport with stun - Uldyssian's Sword (Charm)
Jitan's Gate - 10 second timer teleport - Moon of the Spider (Charm)

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kato on Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:21 pm

Ahhh I see, I haven't seen any of those charms yet, thanks for clarifying. Was that in the OP and I missed it? Apologies if so.

Stunning job on this game btw, yourself and Bro Laz.

BTW is there a guide on light/cold sorc anywhere? The guy who posted in your thread didn't say what to do with the left over skill points (although it may be a case of... anything you want).
I assume those guides died with the old forums?

Kato
Core Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:27 pm

light / cold sorc is pretty much straightforward

i'd say it could be pretty much identical to this build, with warp armor instead of living flame, and any light skill for flamefront (and gear tweaks obviously)

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wizinjsh on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:54 pm

I`m a newbie here. Of course the guide is very detailed. I wanted to build a sorc after this guide, but..... what is v6e?? Is it Median version 6? Because i have v5 and haven`t hear anything about level challange 0 (also its not on LAZ page)

wizinjsh
Hemoplague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:44 am

lvl 0 challenge
transmute the statue, than you receive a new skill
must be done at lvl5, kill statues around avoid beam and finally kill the Boss volrath
Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer on Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:46 am

Hey, a newbie here !!!.

First of all, I apologize because of my completely broken english that might make my reply look completely awkward.

And then, I would like to say thanks to you, Marco, for both things: this awesome mod, and this great guide that has been of great help to me for discovering the mechanics of the mod.

I would like to ask one doubt just in case: after you wrote this guide, the damages of some skills were changed, weren´t they?.

I mean, shatter the flesh looks to me now as a skill that with just one point on it works really good when on end game...at least on the skills´page (and another doubt linked to this: the damage shown for shatter the flesh on the skill´s screen (more or less 50.000-150.000) is different than the one shown on the character´s stats screen (something like 8.000-12.000 or so). Which is the real one?. Seeing that with this skill is quite easy to "one-shot" Astrogha, I guess that the real one is the one shown on the skill description screen...but just in case).
TQer
Son of Lucion

Forum Human Rights Activist/TQ Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:06 pm

@TQer wrote:the damage shown for shatter the flesh on the skill´s screen (more or less 50.000-150.000) is different than the one shown on the character´s stats screen (something like 8.000-12.000 or so). Which is the real one?. Seeing that with this skill is quite easy to "one-shot" Astrogha, I guess that the real one is the one shown on the skill description screen...but just in case).
When you cast Shatter the Flesh enemies are hit by cold damage multiple times, with each time the damage being equal to the damage specified on the char screen. The skill tab just lists the total damage instead of the per-hit damage.

And since the damage is being done multiple times it's technically not a one-hit for Astrogha, but since his teleport mechanism only works after a full frame and all the damage from StF hits in the same frame, it's effectively a one-shot. (If you look at some other skill that hits several times per cast but requires multiple frames to do its damage like Paladin Slayer or Barb Fortress then a skill like that is hard to one-shot Astrogha with because he will teleport away after the first frame).
archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: