Level 25 necro, best build to progress?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Level 25 necro, best build to progress?

Post by Kato on Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:42 pm

I just returned to a lvl 25 necro I made ages ago and left there to go play another char. I've been reading around the nec forum and there's nothing about early game builds/gear/merc etc.

So I'm hoping for a steer on what's best to get to the 120 mark, and probably to get through destr etc (i.e. getting towards end game).

I have a few other chars at 120 which means I have some gear I could use - so it's doesn't have to be completely untwinked. However, I don't have a lot of end game gear, just a few set and SU items.

Any thoughts would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

Kato
Core Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Level 25 necro, best build to progress?

Post by archon256 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:56 pm

Totemancer is probably the easiest for untwinked, IMO. Just need to roll a Hailstorm amulet for bosses.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kato on Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:02 pm

Thanks archon I'll start him off again as totemancer.

The thing that strikes me about necro is that you can be in all the trees at the same time, whereas other classes prevent that. So I'm thinking that some summons look useful for... well, any of the other non-summoner builds?

Last edited by Kato on Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Kato
Core Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:10 pm

Or melee necro. At start of level 1 use crossbow with 1 point in buckshot, 1 flametail shot since you need those to get to dragonfire oil. Also 1 point into massacre, angel of death (slaaayeeer !) then rest point go into famine, parasite, deathlord, embalming and dragonfire oil. Use crossbow until you get parasite. Gamble any rare crossbow - that will work fine until you reach lvl 18. Then get the scythe from gambling or npc. Maybe if you are lucky Griswold will give you the weapon. You won't have 2 arcane crystal at that stage, so you can use low level runeword like +El or +Tal. It will be slower until you get deathlord, but i did Andariel no problem with this setup, just drink hp potion while fighting her. After level 24 the act 2 sewers are a joke. Farm 2 crystals - make Talons Reach weapon - gg.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OutsiderXL on Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:18 pm

My honest opinion is cross bow necro, though it can be very pricey end game. Can do most ubers on p8 and there is a very good guide floating around on google, type in median xl xbow necro

OutsiderXL
Steelfur Titan

TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:22 pm

Totemancer is definately the easiest untwinked. You get a bunch of free spell damage and you can use hounfor to make your totems suck less. Hailstorm as archaon said or shadow avatar on an amulet make taking out totems a breeze in k3k which makes it a decent sig farming build too.

Necros in general are good untwinked though. Just about any build you can think of on them is very poor people friendly.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tencanek on Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:34 pm

Totemancer would be really cool for getting shit load of charms and its the most flexible necro build imho - easy and medium heroics, summoning ubers and toraja farming are cakewalk with his frost totems and thousand-headed army. Although i personally dislike travelling by bend the shadows, its not that hard to get used to it.

tencanek
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:31 pm

Xbow ftw. Fast efficient killer with talons hold smaxed, no need for void and tons of reanimates and not nearly as slow as summoner/totemancer. Rares early on, upgrade to easy to find crafts with +200% fire and -200% enemy fire resist with dragon oil, free leech from famine and your a god. Farm for su to do harder bosses.

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:33 pm

@taem wrote:Xbow ftw. Fast efficient killer with talons hold smaxed, no need for void and tons of reanimates and not nearly as slow as summoner/totemancer. Rares early on, upgrade to easy to find crafts with +200% fire and -200% enemy fire resist with dragon oil, free leech from famine and your a god. Farm for su to do harder bosses.

good farmer and in game at all, but fast ...

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:37 pm

Buckshot is quicker than voodoo for christs sake. Hell, melee necro is quicker.  Rolling Eyes 

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum