Procs

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Procs

Post by Mason_Jar on Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:27 pm

Hello Median XL community! I have yet another perhaps "beginner" question, but I realized maybe it's not a beginner question since I did a bit of research on the docs...

I've seen good procs, procs that simulate class skills, and procs that I feel like are a waste of time...
The biggest pain is that after my research the only thing I discover is...

For example, let's take the explanation of Death blossom proc!
Effect: Melee attack that unleashes a fiery nova

I've heard people swear by this proc on the bone shield and the TU6 Stag Bow. Ive used both and I believe I've seen the little tiny red ring of fire and I have no idea what it even does. It says "melee" attack but it procs at the enemies location when I am a ranged character. I can't even be sure it's doing damage.
I was curious if anyone knows the damage of each proc? Or a formula to figure it out. A chart to show level progression of the skill with diminishing returns? Anything to help. There are tons of weapons and armor and other things with tons of procs and I don't know what I'm looking for when I test. Can anyone point me in the right direction for figuring this out?

Mason_Jar
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Procs

Post by grimjerk on Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:39 pm

The easiest way to find out would be to roll an ammy with the death blossom o-skill then see what effect plus skills have on it. You should be able to figure out the per level damage from the data gathered.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mason_Jar on Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:42 pm

Can this method be done for every proc? The only reason I ask is because I'm about to spend my day rolling amulets d:

Mason_Jar
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:44 pm

Well, for any proc that is also availabe as an o-skill. Consult the prefixes/sufixes list in the docs.

just use the find function to search there for the skill.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mason_Jar on Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:48 pm

Fair enough. Too bad it won't be 100% of what I'm looking to discover but a good start, thanks. 1 last question. Level 1 doom reads:

Damage: +15 per hit
Duration 10 sec
Hard skills: +5% dmg bonus per level

Would a level 100 Doom proc count as 100 hard points for +500% damage? (rough example I know). Just trying to get this loose end tied up.

Mason_Jar
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:50 pm

No, procs count as soft points. But if the proc is native to the class played and you have hard points in the skill then hard point bonuses will count toward the proc.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mason_Jar on Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:51 pm

Thanks much for taking the time to answer my questions

Mason_Jar
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:43 pm

@Mason_Jar wrote:
For example, let's take the explanation of Death blossom proc!
Effect: Melee attack that unleashes a fiery nova
[...]
I have no idea what it even does. It says "melee" attack but it procs at the enemies location when I am a ranged character.
There are many procs like this. For example, Crucify. They're melee abilities that generate missiles on use, but when they occur as a proc they just generate the missiles off whatever attack you use.

Death Blossom used to be an old Assassin skill that was later merged with its poison equivalent to create Twin Fang.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:01 pm

Melee attacks proc a melee atack which would proc a melee attack and then proc a melee attack => to avoid the threat of an infinite loop they are basicly what archon said just missiles

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VroaxE on Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:12 pm

Sry to hi-jack your topic but my question is related. I'm playing Gayking-like UHMdin with Balefire proc. I'd like to MO it with an "on-attack" proc : miasma or detonate (umo). The advantage of Detonate is that it also gives +Phys/magic SD (works well with Balefire) and %eng for more spell dmg but I have no idea which kind of dmg and the amount it does (I think magic or physical because of the associate SD boost). Can't find anything in the docs about that proc.

VroaxE
Heretic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum