laz uldyssian and other hard bosses

View previous topic View next topic Go down

laz uldyssian and other hard bosses

Post by randomrolf on Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:33 pm

Hi! For the moment im playing as psn/light sorc.
Doing good at "not so hard" bosses and also good for mfing at kurastba3000.
I got the most of the charms.

Still missing
Laz
uldyssian
Chrysador
that evil wolfface in a2 far oasis (can't remember name)
and some more

I want to know if there's a character that's able to do all these bosses.
I don't want to have to switch chars for different bosses.

Heard that assassin is good for all these but for some reason ive never succeded as assassin.
So any other suggestions?

Thanks for answers

randomrolf
Clawstorm Terror

TGBest none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: laz uldyssian and other hard bosses

Post by Rob Lucci on Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:20 pm

Assassin is the best char (imo) to these challenges because of her high chance of avoid damage, reaches max block easily and has low breakpoints. But if you have not enough skill with her, you will not be successful.

For non purify bosses such as Secret Chrysaor or Brachyceran, good builds are 1shot ko casters, that is, casters with very high spell damage and -199% enemy elemental resistance, enough to kill them with one shot when their resistances drop.

For more info I suggest you to visit Showcase section and see some videos of pro players (Stoya, Korcola, MarcoNecroX...) in order to learn some strategies.

Rob Lucci
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:05 pm

As for uldyssian i completed that with UHC (slayer + mindflay + hailstorm can kill all subbosses) i think sorc should be able to beat it as well
Laz: if on realm get someone to clear the area, remove all when struck/on death procs and also add R.I.P modifier. Can also be done with a sorc but you have to plan a few hours for it ( i also killed with UHC - but 70% cth and his avoid make this challenge a real pain Very Happy)

Brachyceran ( the wolfface Very Happy) - stack 95% psn res, always have summons around and try to kill him with flamfront//abyss  ( Tstone lets him port too much ~~)

Chrysaor Secret -

|                          
|       S                   
-----------------

if this is his room , summon at spot S and quickly rush to d, after that you always do the following :

1) run close him him and purify statue if one is near - immeditately run back to spot d
2) if no statue run close to him and shoot him until statue is there - run back to spot d
3) repeat with 1

this strategy is very solid if we are talking about a Tstone sorceress or similar

Good luck

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by randomrolf on Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:29 pm

@Rob Lucci wrote:Assassin is the best char (imo) to these challenges because of her high chance of avoid damage, reaches max block easily and has low breakpoints. But if you have not enough skill with her, you will not be successful.

For non purify bosses such as Secret Chrysaor or Brachyceran, good builds are 1shot ko casters, that is, casters with very high spell damage and -199% enemy elemental resistance, enough to kill them with one shot when their resistances drop.

For more info I suggest you to visit Showcase section and see some videos of pro players (Stoya, Korcola, MarcoNecroX...) in order to learn some strategies.

Aah ok.
I've been looking on some youtube vidz now! let's see how it goes to try their playstyles Smile

randomrolf
Clawstorm Terror

TGBest none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by randomrolf on Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:30 pm

@RollsRoyce wrote:As for uldyssian i completed that with UHC (slayer + mindflay + hailstorm can kill all subbosses) i think sorc should be able to beat it as well
Laz: if on realm get someone to clear the area, remove all when struck/on death procs and also add R.I.P modifier. Can also be done with a sorc but you have to plan a few hours for it ( i also killed with UHC - but 70% cth and his avoid make this challenge a real pain Very Happy)

Brachyceran ( the wolfface Very Happy) - stack 95% psn res, always have summons around and try to kill him with flamfront//abyss  ( Tstone lets him port too much ~~)

Chrysaor Secret -

|                          
|       S                   
-----------------

if this is his room , summon at spot S and quickly rush to d, after that you always do the following :

1) run close him him and purify statue if one is near - immeditately run back to spot d
2) if no statue run close to him and shoot him until statue is there - run back to spot d
3) repeat with 1

this strategy is very solid if we are talking about a Tstone sorceress or similar

Good luck
'

Aah ok! Well im gonna try this!! thanks for the "minimap" Very Happy hope i get that damn charm. Got kabraxis charm the other day Smile 3% res doh. But better ten nothing Very Happy

ty alot for answer!

randomrolf
Clawstorm Terror

TGBest none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by korcola on Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:26 pm

Marco has awesome video on laz,
Stoya has videos on brachy,
and avalanche is a cheesy way for secret Chrysaor which Rolls explained well Very Happy 

now for for uldy, not sure if you are on sp or mp but I never (not even for testing stuff out^^) play sp. so didnt try new uldy is but it sure seems like nothing like old one.

However if you are on mp like me and want to farm trophy cuz you have nothing else to do, i could give you some tips(for assassin) if you want

korcola
Dark Templar

♨‎ (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻ ♨ - Honorable Soldier
TGBest 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:41 pm

Uldy XIV is different...No more double lazor traps...He is way more easy atm...I actually managed to do him with a bowzon just standing still a couple of steps from him on the same platform with him and spamming barrage and purify from time to time...He casts deathstrikes and immediatly summons edyrems. Does edyrems are perfect for life leech after the deathstrike. As for secret chrysaor, better try stoya's guide with lightning sorc for instakilling him...With avalanche takes alot of time and it's kinda hard to guess his position without mh or just by watching to lightning effect from the ground...take elemental set for sorc, stack some - lightning resist on crafted belt, fill the items with 6% lightning damage/spell damage, energy factor, cast rate and stats, afterwards have fun one shoting Chrysaor (Secret One ofcourse).

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:52 pm

@korcola

i didnt even mention Avalanche Very Happy (or banshee which has the autoaim built-in ) takes some time but leads to success

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by korcola on Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:54 pm

@RollsRoyce wrote:@korcola

i didnt even mention Avalanche Very Happy(or banshee which has the autoaim built-in ) takes some time but leads to success

oh lol i just saw the mini-map this and i though it was about avalanche thing
need to learn how to read  Hitting a Wall

korcola
Dark Templar

♨‎ (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻ ♨ - Honorable Soldier
TGBest 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:58 pm

yes and you should get badge of love for your cookies Very Happy

RollsRoyce