Totemancer XIV

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Totemancer XIV

Post by titan015 on Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:01 pm

Noob Question:

Are totems treated as normal minions as such that they would also need resistance, life and other minion stats from gear?

titan015
Darkwarden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc_Razer on Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:20 pm

No they arent, Totems are an odd one, minion life resists etc do not affect them iirc (including embalming), offensive totems damage is calculated off your spell damage at time of summoning
Arc_Razer
Arachnida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by titan015 on Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:39 pm

If so how can i make them tanky? Hard points only?
Im casually playing one right now and they get owned pretty fast in sewers act 2 versus those pesky cluster mines and Poison Orbs from elite skeletons. Or is it just me and that the totems are  elemental immune?

p.s maybe I should look for answers in the l.f.a.q but im too lazy right now

edit:
nevermind I did look at lfaq and found this

Q: What are the minions' base resists?
A: Every minion gains +15% to all resistances per skill level, capping at +75% at level 5. Items with +% minion resists, as well as curses with -% resists, are applied at the end.
Totems are the exception, they have 0% base resists at all levels and difficulties, and do not benefit from +% minion resists. Lower Resist affects them, though.

titan015
Darkwarden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc_Razer on Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:00 pm

those cluster mines hurt and so does the poison, dont stand in it, move. totems have around 25k life which is substantial but you will need to resummon from time to time
Arc_Razer
Arachnida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:10 pm

If it continues to be a problem you can always get bronze silver and gold titan reanimates. The totems should at least get the auras and give them some resistances.
The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:57 pm

Great guide. Been playing this necro and he rocks. For Legacy Of Blood: Easy. Summon shadows and totems. Throw down sacrifices for tu dirk reanimates. Buff them all with burning veil. Stay in room until you see wychwind,leave room,repeat. After a few he is done.

Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ~CopyKat~ on Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:23 pm

I've been playing the Totemic Set and i've got a couple of questions.

1) Is Deathlord really necessary? With Deathward, Shadows and huge hp totems it seems like minions will die sooner than the Necromancer himself.
2) What about the Frostclaw Totems compared to Stormeye or Fireheart, are they not better at keeping enemies down faster?
3) Why not max the totems? or its better to keep them at lvl 20? is that enough?
4) Do i even need cast speed? Just to keep pumping out shadows? Is the max %Cast Speed for necro cast 125?

~CopyKat~
Stygian Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:35 pm

1. not necessary but useful especially for HC
2. more dmg/lower range-slower missile speed
3. max not that important since they are strong already
4. castspeed important but necro with staff + some charms has already enough cast rate
Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:37 pm

~CopyKat~ wrote:
1) Is Deathlord really necessary? With Deathward, Shadows and huge hp totems it seems like minions will die sooner than the Necromancer himself.
If you don't use Deathlord, you gain some skill points, the ability to cast ranged damage spells and lose a bunch of defensive stats.

So what do we do with these skill points? Put them into more offensive skills? Can't be WDM skills because we don't have Famine or Dragonfire Oil, and you're going to need both to approach anywhere near the damage output of your totems. So how about another totem? Well there's a cap on how many totems you can use at a given time that's shared by all the totems, so using another totem of a different element means you lose damage from another totem.
What about putting them into defensive skills? Well you already should be doing that for all the ones better than Deathlord, with no points to spare. So the rest can go into Deathlord.
A case could be made for saving points on Deathlord and putting them into Summons. Then you could be a Summoner/Totemancer hybrid. That would work, but it would be a different build.

You could cast a ranged damage spell without Deathlord, but again, your totems already do a lot of damage. In the rare occasions where you do want to cast a spell yourself for even more damage (like killing Jitan) you could always just demorph. It's better to use those skill points on defense.

~CopyKat~ wrote:
2) What about the Frostclaw Totems compared to Stormeye or Fireheart, are they not better at keeping enemies down faster?
Not sure myself. I think Frostclaw can be better, but the slow missile speed makes it worse for farming.

~CopyKat~ wrote:
3) Why not max the totems? or its better to keep them at lvl 20? is that enough?
Diminishing returns on damage means its better to use those points elsewhere. This is true for most spells in MXL. You only smax ones with hard point synergies that you want.

~CopyKat~ wrote:
4) Do i even need cast speed? Just to keep pumping out shadows?
I don't think it's an absolute must, but nice to have.
archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:31 pm

Mhmmm some questions;
1-Fireheart totem (actual version) has ND?
2-Time ago, some users talked about buff HP of summons giving them avoid. This happened to Acid Fiends....However, this thing was thinked for other summons. So, Necro summons get innate avoid (not from Black Mass)

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum