Question about Time Strike vs other procs on tantrum bow

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question about Time Strike vs other procs on tantrum bow

Post by Fumbles on Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:21 am

My current tantrum bow has 18%ctc level 10 knife throw on striking. I rolled a new tantrum bow with 8%ctc level 4 time strike on striking. Afaik, knife throw is 1/1 weapon dmg and time strike is 3/2 weapon dmg. I'm confused about how time strike works. Time Strike is defined as "melee attack that hits again after a short delay" so does the initial strike from tantrum or any other strike/attack count as the first hit from time strike, or does time strike hit twice on its own once procced. If this is the case, than time strike would basically be 8% chance to deal 3x weapon dmg(because 3/2 x2) as opposed to knife throws 18% chance to deal 1x weapon damage.

Or maybe I'm wrong and the initial strike is the first half of time strike and I'm an idiot, the only problem is that time strike is defined as a melee attack, and tantrum isn't melee, nor are some other on strike procs. If someone could clarify this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Fumbles
Mangler

TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Time Strike vs other procs on tantrum bow

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:13 am

Time strike the skill is a melee attack. You swing your weapon (the melee attack) which then causes a missile to appear which does 3/2 damage after a delay. As a proc it simply triggers the missile since a proc obviously can't force you to swing your weapon. In your case it would probably be better to go for the knife throw proc as the damage is immediate and the proc chance is so much higher.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Time Strike vs other procs on tantrum bow

Post by tencanek on Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:13 pm

Time strike has next delay of 4 frames, knife/arrow/javelin/swag throw 0. That means time strike decreases tantrum and knife throw effectivity because of disabling any damage what could come from tantrum flower or procced knife, no matter of 3/2 modifier. Deffinitely go for knife throw proc if ur lucky.

tencanek
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum