Need lil help with Brachy

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need lil help with Brachy

Post by zaphodbrx on Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:24 pm

I'm playing UH melee with Mathael's set, and slowly getting the hang of this uber. I've managed to get him down to about half life, please help me complete it!

First thing I want to know about is the ghost worms. The guide says to lure them out.. don't really see how that is possible though. Even if I lure them out from one tunnel to another tunnel, well, Brachy teleports around. The end result is that I'm always fighting him with those worms around. What kind of damage do they do, physical and poison? I have around 320k def ( after terror strike ), 95% to fire/psn res, 50% pdr. I've seen some videos with him just staying in that room all the time. Don't know how that is possible, as soon as I damage him a little he teleports into the corridors. I usually clear out all the surrounding passages, but the ghost worms are obviously always there. Also, is it possible that the ghost worms are reproducing? It seems like when time goes on, there are more and more of them..

Second is the turning into worm ability. big problem here is that it reduces fire res to about -154% or something. What does it actually do? It only lasts a short time, so I cope with running away. Do the maggots do fire damage? Does Brachy summon more maggots and ghost worms?

Is there any good way of performing body recovery with this uber? Also does he heal himself?

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need lil help with Brachy

Post by zaphodbrx on Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:32 pm

Ah never mind I managed to complete it somehow.

What's the use of the book and broken crystal? Docs only mention token and cursed crystal.

Edit: That Bow ( Ranger's path ) is my first SSSU XD. Does Brachy have a better chance of dropping SU or SSSU?

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:59 pm

@zaphodbrx wrote:Ah never mind I managed to complete it somehow.

What's the use of the book and broken crystal? Docs only mention token and cursed crystal.

Edit: That Bow ( Ranger's path ) is my first SSSU XD. Does Brachy have a better chance of dropping SU or SSSU?

Gratulations... How you avoid the poison damage? My barbarian with 400k of defense, with Eagle stance on (like a permapotion of 8 secs) can't survive this poison damage...

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zaphodbrx on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:45 pm

Uhm.. Tainted blood helps I guess? I had 93% PLR ( didn't do Astrogha yet ), and 95% psn res, plus popping potions.

But seriously poison isn't the huge problem there. The big problem if he manages to cast fire spells on you when you are turned into worm. Also the ghost worms, it is important not to get swarmed by them. Psn immune summons ( scourge ) help a lot in that regard.

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:11 pm

Ok... If you can kill Brachyeran, Astrogha should'nt give too much problems... 1 advice: find Astrogha's Room(or use DS)... hit until the teleport out or cast Frozen orb... If he scapes of the room, it's actually a good thing... find him again, hit 1 or 2 times with your skills, and run again... If you do that method, Astrogha actuallu don't cast statues and that's mean no darckling... I do that with WS on in my barbarian..However paladin has RAPTURE, so it's the same thing... remember: hit 1-2 hits and run of the room...Repeat... that's a good strategu for melee builds...

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zaphodbrx on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:51 pm

I tried astro once already with mindflay, and failed. the problem was items, imperius set isn't much good vs heroic shields,IMHO more useful for farming TA/Dunc/K3K ( which I intend to do ). Mathael set on the other hand has insane single target dmg/procs/pierce, which makes it great for ubers - not astrogha ofc, because of frozen orb attack. It's ok, I'll kill him with some other build later. already killed him in classic MXL, know how the uber works.

Barbarian is the only class I didn't play yet, either in classic or in ultimative. I'm thinking of making one though, found SU labrys in Duncraig, which I heard is imbalance item..

Can someone answer my question about the book and broken crystal? I couldn't find it in the docs.

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:36 pm

Cursed crystal and skull type 2 are used for Athulua's bow...

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:44 pm

I wish play paladin, UHC, however, I respect the roleplaying in games like this... and Superbeast (paladin giving himself to the shadows) don't  fill the role...After all, is supposed unholy paladins obey Imperius and Malthael archangels, and they shouldn't have any business with shadows or demons... Basically, unholy dins should be descripted as paladins whithout fear of using  ther holy powers in his own benefit, waiting the time for erradicate the humankind.... However the median description seem more to be a blackguard... they aren't the same thing... an unholy din isn't a  fallen or evil din, still is a holy warrior with a less constricted moral in the use of their power...

Holy caster is a bit stupid... and holy melee is too dificult to play... so no paladin for me...

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:53 pm

can you uickly explain how you killed brach as uh melee

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zaphodbrx on Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:21 am

@RollsRoyce wrote:can you uickly explain how you killed brach as uh melee

Maxed blood thorns and terror strike. Once he turns me into worm wait for 2 sec, quickly go in, hit a few times, then teleport/walk out. Process took about half an hour but that's ok because Brachy doesn't heal himself. Also used sacred armor ( 1pt ) sometimes, and died a couple times but was able to do body recovery. I succeeded in 5th or 6th attempt ( before that I didn't really understand the uber , or had body recovery problem ).

Agreed with the lore thing also. Paladins are apparently based on morphs now dragon for holy and superbeast for unholy. With the morphs the original paladin is pretty much gone, and has very little similarity with the paladin of cLoD.

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum