Suggestion: Please remove cycles from the game

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suggestion: Please remove cycles from the game

Post by zaphodbrx on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:40 pm

CLoD charms are UGLY.

It destroys the whole uniqueness of having only one charm from one particular uber in your inventory.

It will severely undermine the increased personal inventory space, we will have no place to pick up items properly, just like in CLOD.

I cannot fathom the reason behind putting CLoD charms in the game and am severely disappointed. It makes no sense from a aesthetic or lore point of view. And I can only suggest removing them or reworking them in some way. Thank you.

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestion: Please remove cycles from the game

Post by romanN1 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:43 pm

Not a bad idea...A solution would be to code a chance to drop unique cycle/charm besides Lucion's Soulstone or how is it named...

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:45 pm

Yeah, I was pretty surprised when I saw this addition to the mod. Bad move IMO.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:48 pm

Maybe a cap of how many charms you can put in inventory. For example just 1 of each size. So that would be 3 charms total - small, medium and big one. When you stack over 10 charms with +10 to all speeds is OP.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soponator on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:07 pm

ever heard of the word "OPTIONAL"? dont use them if you dont like them... i like them and i have a very very big horadric cube to put stuff into...

Soponator
Baal

Hairy Ass Argentinian
TGGood 125

View user profile http://www.medianxl.com/t4645-bienvenidos-al-foro-oficial-de-med

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:12 pm

The point of the cycles is to give your character whatever stat he might need in end game that he's lacking. The fact that it takes up your inventory is what balances it.
Like sop said you don't even have to use them if they take up too much space. I admit I don't like the looks of these cycles(clod style) and much prefer Laz and Marco's designs but the inventory slots they take up make sense to me.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:16 pm

cycles=new farming area.
new farming area=varied gameplay
varied gameplay=passified masses of bored players

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whist on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:19 pm

@zaphodbrx wrote:CLoD charms are UGLY.

Leather Gloves are ugly. Delete plz

It destroys the whole uniqueness of having only one charm from one particular uber in your inventory.
It will severely undermine the increased personal inventory space, we will have no place to pick up items properly, just like in CLOD.

I heard the fix for that is simply not using them.

I cannot fathom the reason behind putting CLoD charms in the game and am severely disappointed. It makes no sense from a aesthetic or lore point of view. And I can only suggest removing them or reworking them in some way. Thank you.

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zaphodbrx on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:33 pm

@Soponator wrote:ever heard of the word "OPTIONAL"? dont use them if you dont like them... i like them and i have a very very big horadric cube to put stuff into...

Yeah great. And LC1 is optional too. Infact, playing the game is optional.
This is a strawman argument. Don't troll please. I'm criticizing the aesthetic aspect of it. And yes we have H-cube to put stuff into, but it isn't anywhere as convenient as simply picking them up in the inventory.

I probably won't use them anyway ( for style reasons ), but I know that it will make my character weaker than it would be otherwise, and don't like it.

The inventory space vs charms question goes back into the Diablo 2 days and was there to some extent in classic MXL as well. It seemed like ultimative solved that problem by having all charms put together only occupy about half the inventory. but now cycles ruined it.

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whist on Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:17 pm

How do they make your character weaker if you don't use them? That's like saying your character is weaker because there is no charm that gives you 8,388,607 life. And that's the point of these charms anyways. You sacrifice inventory space for slightly increased character performance.

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum