Suggestion: Please remove cycles from the game

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Suggestion: Please remove cycles from the game

Post by Vullara on Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:34 pm

Just carry your cube with you if you're worried about inventory space.

Vullara
Core Lord

Posts : 268
TGBest None
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestion: Please remove cycles from the game

Post by Aspirine101 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:36 pm

@Vullara wrote:Just carry your cube with you if you're worried about inventory space.
Yeah, because it's so nice to open my inventory, click on the dropped item and drag it to my cube and CLICK!!! Every. Single. Time Smile

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
Posts : 8578
TGGood None
Country : Ukraine

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestion: Please remove cycles from the game

Post by Vullara on Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:48 pm

@aspirine101 wrote:
@Vullara wrote:Just carry your cube with you if you're worried about inventory space.
Yeah, because it's so nice to open my inventory, click on the dropped item and drag it to my cube and CLICK!!! Every. Single. Time Smile

No. You leave a couple columns open and when inventory is full you put said items in cube. Rinse/repeat. Literally takes 3 seconds. + cycles are 100% optional its not like they are gamebreaking. And the chances of finding good cycles has been severely exaggerated, especially in the latest patches. I'm still playing my endgame paladin without using any cycles (besides lucions) and I can do nearly everything just fine. Its really not a huge deal.

Vullara
Core Lord

Posts : 268
TGBest None
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestion: Please remove cycles from the game

Post by archon256 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:51 pm

@MarcoNecroX wrote:
This is the real problem. Inventory space is a core stat in any ARPG. Having to sacrifice that for power is a bad tradeoff. People are going to do it anyway if it's a good reward, but it leads to an unnecessary inconvenience.

But people have a CHOICE here. That's how I intend MXL to be, you have choices to be able to play any way you like and find the most convenient. You could always just farm until you get the unique cycle, and ignore the rest.

I don't see how not having cycles makes a difference here. People can play without them. Removing them essentially changes something for those that who indeed did the choice to sacrifice inventory space for them, but not for those that didnt want it.

It's like saying "You have to type MARCO IS A GOD into chat every 30 seconds, and you'll get HP and DPS bonuses!

Actually that's not a bad idea. I should implement it soon
Well if you think that example was a good idea, it makes sense how you think you can add any annoying thing and think that it's fine because it's a CHOICELOL. But whatever, you are the modmaker, it's your decision in the end.

@Metalistas wrote:If i counted correctly all charms from ubers, dungeons and such take 39 spaces in inventory. If you add the unique one from Triune, and don't cube book of summoning with astroga = 41 spaces taken. Add cube, teleport book, identify book, key and 0-3 catalyst = 9+(0-3). Give or take but your inventory is already 50/80. When you farm stuff it will fill up the rest of the space fast no matter what. Options - make tp or move farmed stuff into cube and continue farming. It's just a matter of preference how you do it.
If you halve the amount of inventory space available, you're going to double the number of times you need to go back to town. Also if the only space available is your cube, then you need to open your inventory every single time and drag and drop every item because the game doesn't automatically drop items into the cube when your inventory is full.
These sound like minor inconveniences, but they add up. I see no reason to waste time like that when there are perfectly valid alternatives.

Oh well, I tried.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone
Posts : 1738
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestion: Please remove cycles from the game

Post by SpamBomb on Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:59 pm

@Kaljurei wrote:How about a compromise? Replace them with Small charms instead? Then it's 1 inventory slot instead of 3/4.

they range from 1-3...


SpamBomb
Bane Hunter

King of AFK
Posts : 386
TGBest 1
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestion: Please remove cycles from the game

Post by whist on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:00 pm

@archon256 wrote:Well if you think that example was a good idea, it makes sense how you think you can add any annoying thing and think that it's fine because it's a CHOICELOL. But whatever, you are the modmaker, it's your decision in the end.


whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™
Posts : 3927
Country : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestion: Please remove cycles from the game

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:01 pm

@Metalistas wrote:If i counted correctly all charms from ubers, dungeons and such take 39 spaces in inventory. If you add the unique one from Triune, and don't cube book of summoning with astroga = 41 spaces taken. Add cube, teleport book, identify book, key and 0-3 catalyst = 9+(0-3). Give or take but your inventory is already 50/80. When you farm stuff it will fill up the rest of the space fast no matter what. Options - make tp or move farmed stuff into cube and continue farming. It's just a matter of preference how you do it.

you don't need ID book when farming, why wouldn't you cube book of summon with astro (or use it to farm at all), keys are useless, several charms are pretty much pointless after having the most endgame ones, mainly hammer of the taan judges, make that 44/80, can push even lower removing a few other pointless charms (endgame) like optical detector, legacy of blood, moon of the spider, spirit herb on caster, so that's roughly half of the huge-ass inventory space, compare that to cMXL where I belive you had like 15 spaces left on end char, and it's over double the space in ultimative


I don't really see a valid complaint about moving items to the cube, they are going to end up there if you sig them anyway or if you mule them (drop-cube trick)

_____________________
http://www.median-xl.com Cookie monster

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer
Posts : 10181
Country : Argentina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestion: Please remove cycles from the game

Post by archon256 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:02 pm

@whist: Eh, he was obviously making a joke. But if he can't see why that example invalidates the "It's a choice, so it's fine!" argument, then nothing else will.


Last edited by archon256 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone
Posts : 1738
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestion: Please remove cycles from the game

Post by SpamBomb on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:02 pm

@aspirine101 wrote:
@Vullara wrote:Just carry your cube with you if you're worried about inventory space.
Yeah, because it's so nice to open my inventory, click on the dropped item and drag it to my cube and CLICK!!! Every. Single. Time Smile

well the biggest item in the game is 2x4

so maybe just MAYBE keep that much space open at least?

honestly there is a ton of inventory space if you don't have enough left to pick up items you should really think about how you're playing...

SpamBomb
Bane Hunter

King of AFK
Posts : 386
TGBest 1
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestion: Please remove cycles from the game

Post by archon256 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:04 pm

@MarcoNecroX wrote:
you don't need ID book when farming, why wouldn't you cube book of summon with astro (or use it to farm at all), keys are useless, several charms are pretty much pointless after having the most endgame ones, mainly hammer of the taan judges, make that 44/80, can push even lower removing a few other pointless charms (endgame) like optical detector, legacy of blood, moon of the spider, spirit herb on caster, so that's roughly half of the huge-ass inventory space, compare that to cMXL where I belive you had like 15 spaces left on end char, and it's over double the space in ultimative
All that doesn't matter when there's no limit to how many charms you can stock up on. Neither does reducing the size of all the charms to 1x1. You'll just end up using more charms.

@MarcoNecroX wrote:
I don't really see a valid complaint about moving items to the cube, they are going to end up there if you sig them anyway or if you mule them (drop-cube trick)
I would rather do all that back in base instead of every time an item drops.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone
Posts : 1738
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum