Help! Game unplayable!

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help! Game unplayable!

Post by taem on Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:51 pm

So I got a new $500 dollar vid card a month ago and really haven't played mxl for the last year at least. To my disappointment, the game was totally unplayable in 2d with multires. So I tried 3d with glide. Same results. Im attempting a new build based on old reanimator with smaxed Sacrafices with tons of +% chance to raise monster x, smaxed DFT +Shadows, and a smaxed veil king with Rathmas Choosen. The build had surpassed my expectations, capable of doing ubers a regular summoner could not and much faster at that! Unfortunately, I lag so bad, so goddamn bad..., nothing on the screen moves for up to 2-5 minutes in some ubers, and in other, such as Infernal Machine, d2 closed automatically twice (yes, I tested it again) for a reason I don't know - I didn't think a game could timeout due to being unresponsive???

So, any suggestions to reduce lag/sprite limit on engine without gimping my build? If not, then I suppose its time to move on from d2.

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Re: Help! Game unplayable!

Post by GregMXL on Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:59 pm

Have you tried Direct Draw?

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rexxar on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:06 pm

Give us more info about your card....

Try older graphic drivers than what you have now....you do have them installed, right........

Rexxar
Cow Ninja

Lord of Nonsense

View user profile http://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=61143&p=

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:14 pm

Someone said -ns helps sometimes, but i didnt try it, and i dont think it should help much.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:10 pm

It's a pity you've gotten so used to multires that you're thinking of ditching the game if you can't use it. Sad

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:26 am

@archon256 wrote:It's a pity you've gotten so used to multires that you're thinking of ditching the game if you can't use it. Sad

No, I tried 2d (direct draw) with multi-res, and 3d with Glide also... which means I couldn't have used multi, FYI, since multi-res doesn't work in 3D. Anyways, neither of them worked Sad. I didn't try 2d without multi. I might give that a try and see if it helps.

EDIT: When I said "without gimping my build," I was referring to my necro skill setup. I don't want to have to pick different skills that what I'm using to avoid game stopping lag; in this case I'd rather play something else because that just means other builds most likely will have similar limitations on this computer so D2 wouldn't be worth the effort any longer. That's what I was implying.

@rexxar wrote:Give us more info about your card.... Try older graphic drivers than what you have now....you do have them installed, right........

GeForce GTX 770

I suppose I could use a generic gfx driver provided by windows, but I don't see how downgrading my gfx driver from the current (most recent) version would have any positive effect on playing d2.

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:39 am

Multi-res does work with 3d in full screen, but you have restart everytime you died coz 2nd entering the multires screen (not main menu) will crashed the game.

If you are on windows7, can you use tried to open desktop resolution setting page while playing. I think it help abit in full screen.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rexxar on Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:26 pm

"I suppose I could use a generic gfx driver provided by windows, but I don't see how downgrading my gfx driver from the current (most recent) version would have any positive effect on playing d2."

No need to use gfx driver provided by windows.....

Just try version or two before your current graphic version.

My graphic is older one, and I need to use Legacy drivers.....

And last drivers were really bad - I was only able to use 3D, and even that was fucked up since with 3D glide was on......

And then I had to use Previous drivers for game to work fine again.

So, just try with older drivers and see what will happen......

Rexxar
Cow Ninja

Lord of Nonsense

View user profile http://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=61143&p=

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:34 pm

Desktop composition, different comp modes etc, try it.

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by iomanip on Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:00 pm

I have a slightly older NVIDIA card, the GTX 660, and I had problem with DirectDraw as well. I ended up using the glide wrapper, and can only play fullscreen. Also, disabling sounds helped a bunch, even mildly clustered effects cause lags with sound on, although I don't mind the -ns, dream theater is better than d2 sounds anyway Razz

/io

iomanip
Que-Hegan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum