[XIV]Uldyssian Walkthrough With Bowzon or How To AFK Kill Him

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[XIV]Uldyssian Walkthrough With Bowzon or How To AFK Kill Him

Post by VroaxE on Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:55 am

Uldyssian's Bane Bowzon
by VroaxE and Roman1

Introduction
After trying lots of builds for XIV Uldyssian I decided that I was dumb and I should ask some advice. Roman1 came with an interesting gear and had killed uldy with it so I decided to tweak it a bit and give it a try. Before I go into the specifics of the build, what is hard about this uber?

1. 30 Memories to go before Uldyssian
  2. Two powerful attacks that are a pain when you don't figure out how they work : overkill and deathstrike's
  3. Crazy Edyrem Spam Summon with Sacred Armor
  4. Uldyssian seems shielded from Purify if you stand near him (might be a graphic bug though)
  5. Huge life and probably some avoid too which make it a boring purify boss...

What You Need To Succeed
More than the specific build, what's important is understanding the uber's mechanics. Well, I'm no super modder, I don't have crazy computer skills so I'll use my observations and hope I don't make too many mistakes. If you see some errors in this guide please let me know so that I can correct them.
For Uldyssian you need :

• High Damage Per Second (DPS) : not to get overwhelmed by Edyrems
  • High Slow Target : useful with some Memories but mostly to reduce the rate of Edyrem summoning and to delay SA from them.
  • Life Leech (LL) / Life After Each Kill (LAEK) : with so many Edyrems it will keep you alive
  • 100 Open Wounds (OW) and some way to apply it : Barrage will keep OW active all the time.
  • Some skill in kiting and positioning.

Skills

• Special Tree : Paragon - Smax ; War Spirit - Smax
  • Defensive Tree : Wild&Free - 9points ; Balance - Smax ; nothing in Exstatic Frenzy and Defensive Harmony
  • Bow Tree : Barrage - what's left ; Phalanx - 15points ; Dragonlore - Smax

Stats

• Strength : enough for gear, nothing if possible
  • Dexterity : enough for 2500-3000 dex with gear (65-75% chance to hit Uldy)
  • Vitality : the rest
  • Energy : nothing

Gear

I've only listed the gear I used. You can adapt it to your playstyle ofc. The important mods are mentioned above.

• Weapon : Dear Esther SSSU Hunter Bow - I didn't like this bow at first but then I tried it. I have a good roll with 48%slow, nice dmg, 99laek that is just perfect for this uber. No other bow has such an amazing amount of slow but a 29-30% craft might be good enough.
  • Quiver : Bag of Tricks - amazing one ofc but can be replaced by Locust Hive for a more budget approach
  • Switch Weapon : Sky Scorcher SSSU Brandistock - I love hyper run/walk speed...
  • Armor : Albrecht's Revenge TU6 Chain Mail - Probably better alternatives but this one is very good and dirt cheap.
  • Gloves : Hammerfist SU Heavy Gloves - 50OW to go with the 50OW from Butcher's Tooth... If you have a good The Sleep with Astrogha trophy you might want to use another one.
  • Belt : Dementia SSSU Belt - the one and only! Slow target, -efr, stats, max resists... Chep Deadfall is also nice but lags too much against Uldy.
  • Boots : Knight's Grace SSSU Greaves - very nice ones but high req. I use these because I have enough str from charms/gear to wear them with base strength. Titan's Steps SSSU Heavy Boots are also amazing. For cheaper builds Gloves and Boots can be replaced by Abandoned Crafts.
  • Amulet : Beads of the Snake Queen - dmg, stats and huge LAEK... Dyer's Eve is nice too. Rare amulets can also be very nice...
  • Ring #1 : Bad Mood - No need to explain why flat elemental dmg + -efr are good...
  • Ring #2 : Adrenaline Rush for Memories (hyperspeed!!!!) and Assur's Bane for Uldyssian (unless you have Uldyssian Sword already and want to use Purify charges)

Memories Tactics

1. Memory #1 - Disguised Edyrem - "Dragon Egg" - Easy
    Cast ball of green energy that fires Deathrays (same as one of the old uldyssian memories). These beams are 1hko so stay mobile and barrage until death.
  2. Memory #2 - Disguised Edyrem - "Flying Scimitar" - Easy
    Easy to die on this one but still easy. Run-barrage-run tactic works fine. Kite through portal when your life is too low (careful, the bladestorm attack might follow you).
  3. Memory #3 - Disguised Edyrem - "Lurker" - Easy
    Razor Spine attack that deals poison dmg and knocks back. Easiest here is to cast phalanx and kite through portal when life is low. Should be over quickly.
  4. Memory #4 - Disguised Edyrem - "Succubus" - Easy
    Poison attack that deals high dmg, Teleport and some Ratfinks... Barrage while running around the boss is fine here.
  5. Memory #5 - Disguised Edyrem - "Devourer" - Medium
    Invisible death eating monsters that cast a deadly fire attack after eating corpses and cast Sacrifice or some similar spell to have corpses... The fire attack can't be avoided easily so go through portal or TP... Phalanx/barrage for the kill.
  6. Memory #6 - Disguised Edyrem - "Balrog" - Easy
    Melee and short range fire attack. Barrage - run tactic works really well and slow target cheeses this one so much.
  7. Memory #7 - Disguised Edyrem - "Fetish Shaman" - Easy
    Overall easy. Some dark missile attack, try to avoid it. Lots of unkillable, untargetable Fetishes (same as citizen from KoS). Don't get caught against a wall or you're dead meat. Barrage while running around boss will kill it for sure.
  8. Memory #8 - Disguised Edyrem - "Imp" - ???
    Untargetable imp that doesn't take dmg from AoE skills either. You can kill him with reflected dmg (i.e. Spire of Kehjan SU War Staff or TU Morning Star) but it doesn't seem to get rid of Tomb Guard... So here's the widely known cheesing method : Dire Charm the Guard will make it disappear (he still casts Tremor on death)... Yeah it works for all memories but not everyone likes cheese so I'll keep on with the walkthrough!
  9. Memory #9 - Disguised Edyrem - "Urdar" - Easy
    Similar to #6 but retaliate attack will usually one shot you... Very slow (and even more with slow target) so spam barrage and run when it gets too close... Easy as cake.
  10. Memory #10 - Disguised Edyrem - "Spire" - Joke?
    Doesn't seem to deal dmg... Go near, spam barrage, spire will teleport away but will teleport back to you and be destroyed...
  11. Memory #11 - Disguised Edyrem - "Sarcophagus" - Easy
    Summons slow Zombies with poison attack. Akarat-type shield mechanic but easier because it keeps summoning Zombie so you'll never run short. Two tactics : 1° barrage/phalanx while running around ; 2° go close to sarcophagus and spam barrage, drinks pots when poisoned.
  12. Memory #12 - Disguised Edyrem - "Death Projector" - Tricky
    This one is a DP on steroids. Cast deathly laser beams in all directions... only way to kite is TP or portal. This is how I do it : go in, cast phalanx on DP, take portal back to room #11. Wait 2-3sec, go in again, DP should be dead.
  13. Memory #13 - Disguised Edyrem - "???" - Easy
    Don't know what monster it is (if you know, let me know). I think it casts SoR on attack and uses some stone shield that makes him C/L/F/Psn immune... Barrage deals heavy Phys/magic dmg though so spam barrage and watch it die.
  14. Memory #14 - Disguised Edyrem - "Gargoyle Trap" - Weird
    I don't know which attack it uses but it kill you so fast... Don't go near, walk close to wall and go up/left. Phalanx to kill it. If you stay right at the portal you'll kill it easily but Tomb Guardian won't go away.
  15. Memory #15 - Disguised Edyrem - "Catapult" - Joke #2?
    Heroic shield boss without any attack... Use whatever you want.
  16. Memory #16 - Disguised Edyrem - "Hive" - Easy
    Hive boss with multiple hive minions. Tal Rasha-like shield mechanic. Barrage will kill them all in seconds.
  17. Memory #17 - Disguised Edyrem - "Defiler" - Tricky
    Easy but with deadly attacks. Stun Wave deals low dmg but stuns ofc and deathstrike is your usual heavy dmg delayed killing spell. Don't linger on the white patch...
  18. Memory #18 - Disguised Edyrem - "Blood Lord" - Tricky
    Fast monster with a deadly melee attack... Barrage - run strategy is enough but he's much faster that #6 & 9.
  19. Memory #19 - Disguised Edyrem - "Mahasattva" - Boooooring
    Two Marauder minions nearby that use a nova attack similar to Belial's. It will lower you life to 1 in no time so beware. Maybe charming one is possible but I haven't succeeded so I chose the most boring way possible : kill both Marauders then Purify the Mahasattva to death (take 15-20 minutes at least). Don't forget to spam barrage to reapply OW.
  20. Memory #20 - Disguised Edyrem - "Grotesque" - Easy
    Kind of like an easy uldyssian... Mother summons lots of Grotesque Children and all have a short duration Sacred Armor. Barrage is all it takes to win but try to stay as close as possible to the mother.
  21. Memory #21 - Disguised Edyrem - "Greater Mummy" - Tricky
    The trick is to stop trying to kill it. Soul around are attacking the Mummy so let them do the job. Mummy has two deadly attacks : a frozen orb attack like astrogha's when you're close and an explosive barrel similar to Dunc souls'. Kiting is all it takes.
  22. Memory #22 - Disguised Edyrem - "Shenk" - Medium
    Spams Apocalypse. Punisher barrage when you are close. It can only be damaged by Magic and Poison sources so repec and Smax Curare (works fine for the next 3 too). Go up and right, spam Phalanx...
  23. Memory #23 - Fire Edyrem - "Ancient" - Medium
    Uses a slow curse, flamefront and a knockback-multi-fire-cannonade attack. The latest will keep you in FHR animation so have a TP nearby. Fire elementals can tank the attacks so it's easier than the next two memories. Go up and right, spam Phalanx... Unless Fire Elementals can go melee in which case boss will stop attacking and be much easier to kill.
  24. Memory #24 - Storm Edyrem - "Ancient" - Hard
    Uses a slow curse, Lightning-like attack and a knockback-multi-lightning-bolts attack. The latest will keep you in FHR animation so have a TP nearby. Fire elementals are not so useful. Go up and right, spam Phalanx. Kite when necessary.
  25. Memory #25 - Frost Edyrem - "Ancient" - Hard
    Uses a slow curse, ice lance and a knockback-multi-ice-bolts attack. The latest will keep you in FHR animation so have a TP nearby. Fire elementals are not so useful. Go up and right, spam Phalanx. Kite if necessary.
  26. Memory #26 - Prime Edyrem - "Andariel" - Easy
    Andy has a heroic shield and uses some dark missile attack and ice ball (same as cLoD Mephisto's). Avoid getting hit by these. Barrage and run... Man these Bowzon are hard to play!
  27. Memory #27 - Prime Edyrem - "Duriel" - Medium
    Very fast with heroic shield, Rapture, physical melee attack and hammerstrike-like attack. A mix of Barrage, kiting, Phalanx and Elemental summons will do the trick.
  28. Memory #28 - Prime Edyrem - "Mephisto" - Medium
    Stay as far as possible. Heroic shield, Maestrom-like attack, multiple knife-throw attack that explode and deal poison (+ probably fire) dmg and... Broadside! Spam Phalanx and get him to follow you in the area covered by arrows.
  29. Memory #29 - Prime Edyrem - "Diablo" - Easy
    Heroic shield, meteor shower and balrog summons... Fire Elementals can tank him so let them go melee and Phalanx Diablo to death.
  30. Memory #30 - Prime Edyrem - "Baal" - Hard-Impossible
    To be honest I still haven't kill him with Bowzon. Heroic Shield, Trinity Nova, Avalanche and some Stone-like buff that grant him hyper speed and shoots dark fireballs nova. When his life is ok he chases after you and barrage - run technique works fine. When his life is low (around 25%) his AI makes him run from you and spam spells. If you go near to barrage, you die. If you phalanx from afar, the dmg output is too low and he regenerates... Let me know if you find a solution but as far as I'm concerned, Dire Charm the guardian and move forward.

Uldyssian, Dark Edyrem King

Between Baal's room and Uldyssian's room there is a small room with a golden stash. Make a TP, check your gear, switch Adrenaline Rush for Assur's Bane and let's move on...

The Basics

• Edyrems : they cast SA when low on life, have a physical attack and are immune to magic. Barrage gets rid of them fast and slow target delays the SA which is usually enough for you to kill them and as you know, Dead Monsters Deals No Damage rule also applies to meatshield Dead Meatshields Shield No Damage. Try to keep a clear LoS between you and Uldy all the time.
  • Uldyssian Shield : Marco said that Uldyssian has a shield similar to SA that is activated when players are close. It should wear off after some time but as far as I know, if you're too close, purify doesn't work on Uldy... So keep your distances!
  • Deathstrike : Uldyssian uses a 8-armed Deathstrike cross attack. The shape and orientation of this attack is always the same and is centered on Uldyssian. Position yourself is such a way that you are in the "V" between two deathrike lines and you'll take few/no dmg.
  • Overkill : Uldyssian spams an overkill like attack that doesn't seem to deal dmg as long as you're immobile. When you move you'll notice you take a lot of damage. Maybe it's due to something else, I don't know but try to be as static as possible during the whole fight.
  • Uldyssian movements : Uldyssian will stay on the same spot as long as he sees you... To make him move, TP to town and go back. These are the basics of positioning for the fight.
  • Purify : Uldyssian is a purify boss with high life, probably some avoid and an additional shield. Reapplying OW continuously is critical for victory so keep spamming Barrage when you are not moving/casting purify.

The Positioning
As I said here above, Uldyssian will not move if you're in his room so you need to go near him, make TP and go to town. Then you go back and check his position. If it's not good, go to town again and go back until his position is good. What is a good position?

• Uldyssian is on the bridge : position yourself as far as possible from him on the platform but not in the continuation of the bridge. Doing so you will avoid getting hit by deathstrike (see screenshots).

• Uldyssian is on the platform and not in the continuation of the bridge : go on the bridge until Uldy is at the edge of the screen (800x600 resolution).

The point is to be far from Uldy and out of the way of the deathstrike attack. Sometimes you'll see that Uldy doesn't take dmg from Purify : you need to go further from him and fire again... When you find the right spot don't move anymore!

The Fight
Two tactics here. The faster one and the lazy one... For both of these I use Purify on Left Mouse Button (LMB) and Barrage/Purify/TownPortal on Right Mouse Button (RMB). The LMB Purify allows me to check the timer at all times while keeping RMB down. Hotkey what you want for these 3 skills and switch when appropriate. The point is that the longer the fight lasts the more you'll suffer from drop in FPS and sprite overflow so namelock Uldy on RMB and never release the button! It will also prevent you from accidentaly moving out of your correct position.

• Faster Playstyle : when correctly positioned, start to purify Uldyssian while spamming Barrage between the Purifies. I repeat again here : DON'T MOVE WHEN YOUR POSITION IS RIGHT! It will probably take 40-60 minutes so prepare yourself!
  • Lazy Playstyle aka AFK-OW-Machine : after the first successful purify hit (when Uldyssian starts taking dmg) switch to Barrage. While spamming barrage, use tape (yeah like Scotch tape) or any other method to hold your RMB down. Put your mouse back and make sure your ama continues spamming barrage. Go have a coffee, watch TV or anything else... Come back 60-90 minutes later to check if : a) Uldyssian is dead, grab the Uldyssian Sword, congratz ; b) Uldyssian somehow avoided OW for long enough... reapply Purify and barrage again. c) Your tape is crap and button went up, you stopped spamming barrage and got yourself killed... QQ, try again.

Almost there... KA sprite overflow!

The End
Congratulation, now you see the Uldyssian Sword on the ground. Go grab it and identify it... Now enjoy your Flying Polar Buffalo Error Charm!

I hope you enjoyed this guide. Share your thoughts/critics in the comments, troll, whatever!

Last edited by VroaxE on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:15 am; edited 4 times in total

VroaxE
Heretic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [XIV]Uldyssian Walkthrough With Bowzon or How To AFK Kill Him

Post by archon256 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:22 am

40-60 minutes of Purifying after all that?

Wow, that's some crazy shit.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:26 am

His HP drops very hard...Probably has a lot and big avoid...VroaxE and me tested the uber with different builds, also considering builds with 50% and 100% OW. There's actually no difference IMO. He's hp drops very slow at least with the bowzon. Probably sin can handle him better...But it's a start for the amazon Very Happy. With the same principle, just maxing barrage for the magic damage and being lucky, this build could beat the s**t out of startled witch Very Happy.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by VroaxE on Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:40 am

@archon256 wrote:40-60 minutes of Purifying after all that?

Wow, that's some crazy shit.

If you have a faster way of killing him I'm all ears. And yeah as I said it's boooring hence the afk method.

Edit -reminder : corrections to make:
- skill pic
- uldy movements : uldy will stay stay

VroaxE
Heretic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:56 am

Wow..nice job.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:19 am

nice guide, i like the layout

the spire / memory #10 is actually a really funny one. without static trap spells (like barrage) it can be really tricky / time consuming. it's not intended to be a joke (like the catapult), its sort of a gear-reflex check for most of the chars.

the uber is sort of a different thing kinda stuff, tried to make it funny and original, of course there are still a few bugs to solve like dire charm or the reflect guy, and probably make baal a bit less hard. i see a s/s with sprite overflow, after my tests I was getting nearly no overflows but judging by the pic there seems a lot of blood on the ground so I could just remove that to reduce lag.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VroaxE on Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:38 am

@MarcoNecroX wrote:nice guide, i like the layout

the spire / memory #10 is actually a really funny one. without static trap spells (like barrage) it can be really tricky / time consuming. it's not intended to be a joke (like the catapult), its sort of a gear-reflex check for most of the chars.

the uber is sort of a different thing kinda stuff, tried to make it funny and original, of course there are still a few bugs to solve like dire charm or the reflect guy, and probably make baal a bit less hard. i see a s/s with sprite overflow, after my tests I was getting nearly no overflows but judging by the pic there seems a lot of blood on the ground so I could just remove that to reduce lag.  

Thanks a lot!

I must admit my computer is quite old and memory is stock full... Probably doesn't help for fluid gameplay Very Happy

Edit : corrected a few typos but i saw a lot more. I'll do that tomorrow. I would like too also try with cheaper gear

VroaxE
Heretic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:37 am

With crafts is possible also...with that SSU Stag Bow also...They're a lot of options...

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:26 pm

Cookie for sure.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whist on Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:26 pm

While spamming barrage, use tape (yeah like Scotch tape) or any other method to hold your RMB down. Put your mouse back and make sure your ama continues spamming barrage. Go have a coffee, watch TV or anything else...

Lol'd. There are better ways to do this Laughing

For example, in windowed mode, you can hold RMB and drag your mouse outside the window without releasing the button, and then release the button with the mouse outside of the window frame.

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum