Build questions

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Build questions

Post by Mason_Jar on Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:30 am

I have a few questions here, I just need to make one statement before hand.
I know not all builds can do everything. I know some builds are better at farming than others and some just simply survive ubers longer. When answering please don't refrain from posting certain things because of gear costs. There is only one thing I can't handle a lot of and that's lag. I also have all but 2 charms, all characters lvl 120, and I'm willing to make and try any build if it's fun. (Sorry if it sounds like bragging, I'm just trying to let everyone know where I am at in the game so it's easier to help me) Thanks ahead of time and I appreciate it!

1.) Is there a viable 2 handed sword build? (plz give examples or references to builds) It's important to me to fill certain aesthetics when slaying monsters. I've been using builds just because they're good, not because I actually like them.

2.) I really enjoy fast action archers like the "farterzon" build, but they all seem so fragile. I understand archers are meant to be fragile due to the fact they have range.. But is there such thing is a durable archer?

3.) Best sorceress in your opinion? Just best overall or at one specific thing. Doesn't matter because it's an opinion based question.

If you don't want to repeat the question or quote you can just write 1, 2, 3 before the answer and I'll figure it out. Also, I have tried making up my own builds and I have failed 99.99999%  Hitting a Wall  so I just use a few builds from the forums. Thanks much for taking the time to even read what I have to say.

Mason_Jar
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Build questions

Post by Aspirine101 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:49 am

1) 2handed sword build.. there aren't much builds using a 2 handed sword tbh, you could try a pala or barb with a 2 handed sword. There's also amazon with 2h sword but that's.... very hard to play with it.
2) Yes, you could sacrifice some of your offensive force for imporved defenses. Examples being Paragon uberskill, which GREATLY boosts your vitality, which not only boosts your life but also means that any +%to vitality items will have a greatly increased impact on your life.
There's balance skill to increase def, but it's not really effective honestly.
There are a lot of uniques and stuff (stuff = runes gems crafts sets etc) that could give you what you want, check docs!
An example would be amazon bow set that gives Wolf Stance.
3) IMO best would be light/cold for caster and melee for melee (duh Very Happy ) I just cannot select one, I give them the same rating.

Also, with a lot of knowledge and items, you will maybe succeed in making a succesful custom build one day Smile

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:50 am

@Mason_Jar wrote:
2.) I really enjoy fast action archers like the "farterzon" build, but they all seem so fragile. I understand archers are meant to be fragile due to the fact they have range.. But is there such thing is a durable archer?
Javazon, Xbow necro

They're not particularly fast though.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:58 am

@archon256 wrote:
@Mason_Jar wrote:
Javazon, Xbow necro

They're not particularly fast though.
Javazon is a javelin thrower an xbow necro is a crossbowman  Rolling Eyes   Twisted Evil 

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:10 am

1.) Qarak's will is a nice beefy sword and would work wonders on just about any barb and on any kind of melee paladin (though the morphs may ruin the aesthetic point of what you're looking for). 2 hand sword amazon works if you have demon regalia but even then it's a bit wonky.

2.) Druid archers can break 200k defense pretty easily with goodberries and have decent life. If you choose fairy fire and use windsinger (SSU Falcon mask) you can break 40% avoid rather easily. Not saying that's the best way to build them but they can be relatively durable. They also fart a ton more arrows than amazons do.

3.) I have no idea cuz I barely play sorcs. I always liked lorenado though. Getting 4 lorenados + makes it a pretty fun skill to use. Melee sorc is extremely strong if that counts.

Fun builds (in my opinion)
1.) Skillplan Everything Necro (Necromancer, Ultimative XIII)
Use 1 point offensive totems, get a strong oskill like hailstorm or shadow avatar and go to town on everything. Sinwar and talon of trag oul make the build insane. Lot's of skill switching though.

2.) Skillplan Ele damage barb (Barbarian, Ultimative XIII)
Make gratuitous use of blood hatred and thunderslam. Thundergod and nephalim weapons give you some great ele damage. Makes great use of 4 of the 5 melee skills and throwing a prot spirit out there for a little extra ewd keeps things interesting as well.

3.)Skillplan Holy Hybrid (Paladin, Ultimative XIII)
Go all energy and get a weapon with decent spell procs (taqiyya runeword is good fun) to take advantage of all the energy factor. Retaliate to spread poison and proc spells on attack and spam dragon oath as it pleases you. Works best in single player so u can abuse plugys stat reallocation to pump up merkabah.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mason_Jar on Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:52 am

@aspirine101 wrote:1) 2handed sword build.. there aren't much builds using a 2 handed sword tbh, you could try a pala or barb with a 2 handed sword. There's also amazon with 2h sword but that's.... very hard to play with it.
2) Yes, you could sacrifice some of your offensive force for imporved defenses. Examples being Paragon uberskill, which GREATLY boosts your vitality, which not only boosts your life but also means that any +%to vitality items will have a greatly increased impact on your life.
There's balance skill to increase def, but it's not really effective honestly.
There are a lot of uniques and stuff (stuff = runes gems crafts sets etc) that could give you what you want, check docs!
An example would be amazon bow set that gives Wolf Stance.
3) IMO best would be light/cold for caster and melee for melee (duh Very Happy) I just cannot select one, I give them the same rating.

Also, with a lot of knowledge and items, you will maybe succeed in making a succesful custom build one day Smile

Paladin with 2h sword sounds great! I miss my old melee paladin (original D2 LOD). Please do tell me more about this Amazon?! I have all but a few unique items (2 amulets and a ring or something) so I could gear them I think. I would love to hear more!

I also used paragon and only about 9 or so points into balance (you're right it's bad). My farter uses barrage and paragon. I really enjoy it, but it's dying more and more. I should try stronger armor, I mainly went for an arrow proc theme, but I could ditch a few procs for some defense/hp. Nice thinking!

I hear a lot about the melee sorcs being great, I've tried so many times to get it right but I don't have any clue what I'm doing. I do have a lot of items, I just lack the knowledge part. I feel like knowledge is more powerful than gear, but you need both to succeed. That's why I'm here d: and thanks for the support. (I thank everyone), the community has been very very good to me. Answering my questions and reading my threads.

@archon256 wrote: Javazon, Xbow necro
(Hope I quoted that right). I have a javazon, it's really fun. 75%ctb, fast kill speeds, runs like a chicken with beacon and rapture. I like it mostly for fauntz. It's my 2nd favorite there (next to quill rat, which is super boring also). Javazon is great, but I'd like an archer (more specifically a bow user.) sorry for not elaborating on that more. Xbow necro is OK too. I have one with voodoo shot. It's an odd build using Hwanin's xbow or w.e. Thanks for the suggestions though!

@The Big Ouchy wrote: 1.) Qarak's will is a nice beefy sword and would work wonders on just about any barb and on any kind of melee paladin (though the morphs may ruin the aesthetic point of what you're looking for). 2 hand sword amazon works if you have demon regalia but even then it's a bit wonky.

2.) Druid archers can break 200k defense pretty easily with goodberries and have decent life. If you choose fairy fire and use windsinger (SSU Falcon mask) you can break 40% avoid rather easily. Not saying that's the best way to build them but they can be relatively durable. They also fart a ton more arrows than amazons do.

3.) I have no idea cuz I barely play sorcs. I always liked lorenado though. Getting 4 lorenados + makes it a pretty fun skill to use. Melee sorc is extremely strong if that counts.

Fun builds (in my opinion)
1.) Skillplan Everything Necro (Necromancer, Ultimative XIII)
Use 1 point offensive totems, get a strong oskill like hailstorm or shadow avatar and go to town on everything. Sinwar and talon of trag oul make the build insane. Lot's of skill switching though.

2.) Skillplan Ele damage barb (Barbarian, Ultimative XIII)
Make gratuitous use of blood hatred and thunderslam. Thundergod and nephalim weapons give you some great ele damage. Makes great use of 4 of the 5 melee skills and throwing a prot spirit out there for a little extra ewd keeps things interesting as well.

3.)Skillplan Holy Hybrid (Paladin, Ultimative XIII)
Go all energy and get a weapon with decent spell procs (taqiyya runeword is good fun) to take advantage of all the energy factor. Retaliate to spread poison and proc spells on attack and spam dragon oath as it pleases you. Works best in single player so u can abuse plugys stat reallocation to pump up merkabah.

I didn't even know Qarak's morphed O_O I've only used it for the buff haha! I want to stay away from barbs if there is another option (as you mentioned the paladin). It's just that my friend that I play SP with uses a barb and it's cool to be unique from each other I guess. What do you mean by wonky? I have that weapon as well. No idea what to do with it. Just by looking at it, it does look wonky, but fun! I'd like to hear more about the paladin and amazon please?! Those spark my interest.

I'll be honest, I won't see the skillplan 3 until after I post this. (I was antsy to begin typing!). That one does sound the most interesting though. I'll deff take a look at it! Thanks so much! --- Ok I checked the skill plan... Umm The skills are a little odd? I'm not sure what searing glow is. I'm sorry if I misread it!

Thank you everyone for reading any replying. I really really appreciate the help thus far!  Very Happy

Mason_Jar
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:33 am

Poison sorc is best at farming fautz...There is a good build for it. It was something like breathstealer coronet, adamantine guard, holy wars (shamanka on switch), lamen ammu, rare rings with +skills, -poison resist, and %spell damage, nero (auhe) belt, crafted boots with -resist and %spell damage, lamha na draoithe gloves, boneyard scourge bone shield. Socket holy wars with Prubies, shield with Pturqoise, rest of gear with lum runes. It's perfect for mfing and it's a very fast fautz runner...just have summons up...

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:31 pm

Mason, for your bowzon, getting things like +life on striking and +life after kill is very, very good, since you are both killing fast and shooting a shitton of arrows :)I don't think def would be that useful for you, since it's really really hard to reach a decent amount of def with a bowzon, you should try focusing on other defensive stats such as the above-mentioned life after kill and life on striking, together with %avoid and %Damage reduced (note: %DR caps at 50%) and as I previously said, with paragon you will get A LOT of life from %vitality items. Max life% will greatly benefit too, so if you feel like sacrificing some offensive gems/runes you should try Perfect Rubies, Ohm Runes, rare/crafted jewels with vita, Xar runes etc, everything you can find @docs Smile

Also @ "I feel like knowledge is more powerful than gear"
Knowledge IS power Smile that's not an empty sentence Smile but obviously you won't be able to kill startled witch naked now would you? ^^

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:51 pm

The morphs I was referring to don't come from qaraks. I was referring to the Dragon and superbeast morphs that melee paladins typically use.

When I said that 2 handed sword Amazon is wonky I mean to say that it is weird and entirely gear dependant. You basically need at least demon regalia and strength beyond strength to make the build work to any degree and a cornerstone of the world with some kind of melee attack too as the available oskills aren't very good. Even after all that you still have very low defense and no way to boost survivability in any reasonable way other than kill speed which will be inferior to a barrage Amazon anyway. It is definitely a challenge to build one.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:52 pm

churel/clobber/whirlpool can do the job...no need for cotws. i've seen a melee amazon build with danmaku and nimenjushin or how's it called treewarden axe. procchain was really crazy, alot of jav novas and tornados everywhere Very Happy

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum