Short Questions Thread

Page 16 of 100 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 58 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by Soponator on Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:56 pm

character save sharing is not allowed and to give a cookie you have to have one.
(and please dont double post, you can edit your last post)

Soponator
Baal

Hairy Ass Argentinian
TGGood 125

View user profile http://www.medianxl.com/t4645-bienvenidos-al-foro-oficial-de-med

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyDamon29 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:55 pm

@iomanip wrote:Hatred Tran Athuala is a good place for uniques, and is also where you do your level challenge 1. If you have done LC1 already, then you know if you're strong enough to do TA, although I suspect this shouldn't be a problem since you can do K3KBA.

When you reach terror you can just kill Griswold in Tristram, he will give you a 'special box'. Cube that with an Oil of Renewal from Charsi, it will generate from one arcane shard to 3 arcane crystals (!) every time.

/io

Yup did my LC1 challenge and got my class charm, thanks for the tips I'll try this!

@Others Already did the quest unfortunately.

CrazyDamon29
Sasquatch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:49 pm

@CrazyDamon29 wrote:
@iomanip wrote:Hatred Tran Athuala is a good place for uniques, and is also where you do your level challenge 1. If you have done LC1 already, then you know if you're strong enough to do TA, although I suspect this shouldn't be a problem since you can do K3KBA.

When you reach terror you can just kill Griswold in Tristram, he will give you a 'special box'. Cube that with an Oil of Renewal from Charsi, it will generate from one arcane shard to 3 arcane crystals (!) every time.

/io

Yup did my LC1 challenge and got my class charm, thanks for the tips I'll try this!

@Others Already did the quest unfortunately.
My usual method of farming arcane crystals in Hatred is to just do Mephisto runs. He drops 2 uniques per kill and you can get to him fairly easy on single player (revealed map doesn't get reset unless you change difficulties).

But more than that I suggest not spending too much time farming arcane crystals as a new player. Any time you spend at low levels farming cheap gear is time you could have been spending at level 120 where you're drowning in TUs and are tackling hard content.
Instead for leveling I suggest using honorific gear (cubed with the right mystic orbs) in at least two of your equip slots, using a TU for a body armor, and a runeword or a TU for your weapon. Don't bother uptiering the TUs from tier 1/2 to 6, just remake them at tier 6 when you have enough stats and level to equip them. You can get gold to make honorifics by farming Grubber elites in the first two A2 desert areas.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zaphodbrx on Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:30 am

@Quirinus wrote:Yes, you can cube it on lvl 1 chara.

Tokens are needed for the laz book upgrade too.

Valk prime is a sick weapon, im not sure if you ever had it, but its an untimered teleport on target monster tantrum clone (i think its a bit weaker than tantrum iirc). Thats crazy, you can farm the a2 sewers easily with it, you can skip the first part of the witch, brachy and other ubers by just teleporting trough monsters to go ahead, without even killing them if you dont want.

Id say yshari is pretty long and complicated as well, uldy and witch also, probably.

Nah I've never had it. At the moment the recipe itself is daunting to look at. Perhaps in a few months..
( Unless there is some other way to get sky siege? )

Next I have a question about lion stance. Does the 'damage increased by' only affect physical damage reduction or other damage as well.
I've noticed the damage increase keeps decreasing with every level. Does it go to zero or even positive damage reduction?

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gekko64 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:12 am

physical, it works just like damage reduction but negative. it reaches -25 dr% max afaik

Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatWhite1712 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:25 am

Sorry it Wont Happen Again. So The Other Question in My Head is. What Should i Put in Socketed Helms,Armor,Belts,Gloves,Boots. I'm Playing an Throwsin. Or Should i Make Them Uniquer or Pop in a Runeword or TWO

GreatWhite1712
Ice Clan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 2557 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:34 am

@archon256 wrote:
@2557 wrote:i'm trying to farm the k3kba charm, but it's not dropping. i've attempted it like 20 times so far by killing the unprotected necromancer (relatively fast killspeed but i don't want to waste time). am i just having trash luck or is there something i'm missing
This is one of the annoying things everyone complains about at some point. There's a 1 in 7 chance of finding the right charm, so with 20 kills there's a 95+% chance that you should have found it already. But I guess you've just been unlucky.  

I recommend only farming for it as late as possible (after maybe one kill at a low level for the challenge). You're not going to gain anything from the charm until level 90 anyway, and by farming it at level 78 or whatever you should be able to kill the Necromancer rapidly over and over.

Edit: Left advice for your future chars/anyone else interested.

actually, i was talking about the hammer of the taan judges, which is a 1/12 chance iirc? it took a while to get it, at least 30 runs, but i did get a near perfect roll so worth it

Glowing Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:44 am

@2557 wrote:
actually, i was talking about the hammer of the taan judges, which is a 1/12 chance iirc? it took a while to get it, at least 30 runs, but i did get a near perfect roll so worth it
Oh yeah that's even worse. Then 20 runs with no drop wasn't all that strange.
The charm is pretty lame too, ever since the block bonus was removed years ago. Now there's really no point in running K3kBA just for the charm. It's more of a minor bonus when farming in there.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pa5call on Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:47 am

@GreatWhite1712 wrote:What Should i Put in Socketed Helms,Armor,Belts,Gloves,Boots. I'm Playing an Throwsin. Or Should i Make Them Uniquer or Pop in a Runeword or TWO

Right at the beginning it is the secret jewel bonus (any jewel in any grey already upgraded item), Tal runes a bit later, then re-rolled rare jewels for break points and -10% requirements and magic find, after that perfect pink stones or lvl 35 runes for more block…  (lucky upgrade all your jewels beforehand)
Roll +2 skills on tiered rare body armour while still on the green in hatred (scales and chains tier 3 are enough for it) and make sure your amulet is lucky upgraded with +1 skills every time…  
As for them runes, the main one kicks in at lvl 45 in gloves (Pul runeword) –can try Lum rune in helms but a rare circlet should be better even before that after several potions of renewal…
Your heavy belt should be unique asap and maybe boots at the beginning (swap them for yellow ones with +1 Sin skills at your earliest convenience)
Look after your knife and shield mainly by rerolling fresh yellow pick-ups and do the same for your jewellery… unique and rune ones are nice and fun but not the best  Idea 
I like perfect rainbow stones on my weapon but that might be just because of the way they look Wink
Some people are using sockets for boosting resistances, but them jewels already used for FCR/FHR/IAS/FBR and –% req usually bear some anyway and tha orb serves well to resist too…
Basically, your sockets content will change accordingly to what stage of progress you’re in…  Mr Green

Last edited by pa5call on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total

pa5call
Cathedral Drow

TGGood 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gekko64 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:09 pm

@Soponator: I've finally found those lifecrushers thanks to your suggestion Smile

One more farming tip Im looking for: where should I farm for SU rings ? I seem to find lots of rings doing cow runs but of course those are rarely sacred tier. Duncraig is pretty good but Im wondering it there are better spots. Maybe fautz? I seem to remember jewelry is pretty common there. Im on omega so no ultimative only ubers Smile

Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 100 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 58 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum