Need help with barb

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need help with barb

Post by honeybadger on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:06 am

hi guys and gals I cant figure out what im doing wrong on my barbarian. i don't know if its my gear or my stats or what but i cant farm efficiently i have 16k hp and unbuffed if have 190k defense if anyone can help that would be amazing thanks.

Last edited by honeybadger on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total

honeybadger
Sasquatch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need help with barb

Post by Rob Lucci on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:42 am

With 160k hp you should be immortal...

Rob Lucci
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybadger on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:44 am

meant 16k lol my bad

honeybadger
Sasquatch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:04 am

We're going to need a lot more info than that. Give us as much info as possible about your gear, build and stats.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:28 pm

@honeybadger wrote:hi guys and gals I cant figure out what im doing wrong on my barbarian. i don't know if its my gear or my stats or what but i cant farm efficiently i have 16k hp and unbuffed if have 190k defense if anyone can help that would be amazing thanks.

WTF... HOW do you have 16k of HP with end game equipment??? I also have barbarian, and my char reach only 14k (cause I don't have Marconecro charm)...I have +% of life (Comunity set) and many charms...

In other order, 190k of defense suck... My barb, designed for play being "tactical" (other name hit and run tactic, and other call it gay playing, XD) has 390k of defense... and if I don't pay attention, he can dies very quick.... You need at least 500k if you wish going to melee in dest.  How reach that values¿ Use SG maxed.... LCII upgrade, good armors, 350% ED in armors... (300-350k) for 500k you will need  SG + BS..  and for 1 M of defense you need a maxed RM + SG... Check the guides in the forum... Nephalem nuke  and god barbarian  if you wish going to melee... Fortress barbarian is if you wish a diferent playstyle (more "risky") whitout high endgame items (hell, you need far with low defense...melee is suicidal.. Try going to TA with your actual buils...I sure you, your barb will be raped) and Krakum, the cheap barbarian that uses Tantum as main skill(oskill)...

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:30 pm

^^ With Bearstance and Spirit Guide you can farm TA. With BS though, make sure you take your gear into account as you get a better return on investment with SG (10% EDam 15%Edef/hard point) than BS (5% Edam 10%Edef/hard point) once %DR is factored out.

Or you can even single point Bear Stance and keep 1 Cautious Strike sword on switch with 1 MotW sword. The first point in BS gets you 26% DR and even a modest level of Cautious strike can take you from there up to the cap of 50%.

And for god's sake don't forget about the SoR debuff. Reducing a enemy's AR by 50% is the same as doubling your defense vs that enemy.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinoy_Ako!!! on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:26 pm

yeah, maybe there something wrong with your build. here's an SS of my barb, i manage to farm some of the basic charms using only Bear Stance with that crap HP and defense. im currently farming now for signets b4 proceeding to moar dangerous uberlevels,,,,,

Pinoy_Ako!!!
Fireblood

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:35 pm

A skill plan would be very telling. Low defense barbs are quite good if they max out on damage and make use of blood hatred and thunderslam liberally. Max thundergod, nephalim weapons, spirit guide, and enough points in bear stance to get 50% dr should be able to get the job done.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:29 pm

@The Big Ouchy wrote:A skill plan would be very telling. Low defense barbs are quite good if they max out on damage and make use of blood hatred and thunderslam liberally. Max thundergod, nephalim weapons, spirit guide, and enough points in bear stance to get 50% dr should be able to get the job done.

Don't forget to get crafted barb axes with +points to mark of the wild. It gives very nice damage addition.
With dual wielding those axes, i get ~46 mark of the wild.
If i put on spire of kehjan (or something to that effect, a staff with +10all skills) after buffing with mark of wild, my thundergod (smaxed) adds 1-30k lightning damage, which is a really nice buff

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:51 pm

@Asteroth wrote:
If i put on spire of kehjan (or something to that effect, a staff with +10all skills) after buffing with mark of wild, my thundergod (smaxed) adds 1-30k lightning damage, which is a really nice buff
That's only with your direct melee hit though. The lightning damage on your attack missiles won't scale with the %ele damage from Mark of the Wild.
Phys damage boost is nice, however.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum