Triune tips?

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Triune tips?

Post by The Big Ouchy on Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:24 am

So I decided to try this uber again after some absense from it and I can't make heads or tails of it. The spire meteors are relatively dodgeable despite desyncing issues but I seem to get instagibbed by the kraken gaurds and also seem to be under rather constant duress of some pretty hefty poison damage (blood hatred can hardly counter it) at 80 all res. Normally I wouldn't make a new topic over this sort of thing but the docs don't really have any information on the uberquest other than how to beat the boss. Any tips on how to not insta-die in general? Any kind of builds that thrive there in particular because I literally struggle to enter the first room without dying so I don't exactly have any time to figure anything out before my char explodes. Laughing

Trying to find a decent farmer for it ideally.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Triune tips?

Post by Pinoy_Ako!!! on Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:01 am

ive written my strategy at Triune recently, Short Question thread p14. its for a melee barb, but i think you can get few tips there Very Happy 

Pinoy_Ako!!!
Fireblood

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:18 am

@Pinoy_Ako!!! wrote:the strategy for kraken guard is to get behind them and kick their frozen butt. Going directly straight to it means suicide. Be mobile while you're facing them also a good spot to attack it is through its side. Quickly move to safe spot once you kill it to avoid the nova.  Primal clays are dangerous only when you got cornered by packs of them.   Impaler can be deal with DR, bear stance.   In dealing with temple spire, observe carefully the glowing circle marker on the ground, it acts as a timer. The bigger it becomes, the sooner the meteor will touchdown.

once the thunderwave triggers, take advantage of it and rape as many mobs as you can. generally, what u need in triune as melee are fast killspeed, FHR, FRW & high cold resist. Meteors can be dodge.

I farmed the place before with my Bear barb having only 1939 defense. What? R u crazy?  I'm using Ecstastic Frenzy that's why. Also i prefer to RUN than to WALK at Triune coz its easy for me attack and dodge the mobs there. Unfortunately, i lost that character my hard disk got corrupted a few weeks ago and I lost all my files. Ah, great memories Cool

Brought the post over from Short questions thread. Pinoy was answering me when i was QQing about Triune.

I really hope someone can make a vid of a char farming triune
I for one, DO NOT see the red circles indicating the meteors dropping. Maybe there's too much shit going on in my screen, but they just drop and i die
or I walk past the blue krakens and die
or the impalers kill me in 1.5 seconds (with 14K life i expect to last a tad longer than 1.5 seconds...)

EDIT: I run a melee/fortress hybdrid barb on SP with valaska 6x lightning RW (unintended). Fortress (~lvl 20, with 25 points into wolves) is wonderful for killing stuff offscreen. I've tried 95 fire/light/cold res, and i think i can survive a single meteor drop, but it still doesn't increase my survivability my a noticeable amount...I've tried Metalhead (SU great Helm) for the +life on striking (synergizes with fortress/SB), and that doesn't quite cut it either..

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinoy_Ako!!! on Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:32 am

temple spire will attack you once got in range. sometimes they spawn behind the wall and corners, you cant see them if you dont observe carefully.

Pinoy_Ako!!!
Fireblood

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:55 am

So far I've tried melee necro, nephalim weapons barb, and xbow necro. Xbow necro seems to work best as it inexplicably kills things quicker than the barb despite the barb having about 60k elemental damage on top of its physical damage. Still have no idea where that giant poison damage is coming from though. Maybe gamma field from cloister is confusing me along with krakens that seem to multi hit giving the look of smooth life drain? Thinking 

Xbow necro works okish aside from the fact that spires force him to move around too much. The problem is that there isn't much delay between the warning from spires and the actual hit, and sometimes it looks like I die before the meteor graphic even shows up which I'm assuming is some kind of a graphical error like a desynch or an error with the skill itself. Idk, my computer-fu is weaK. Thinking 

Seems like a barrage zon or some kind of assassin would be best given the need to move around so much but I worry over the lack of defense on what I hope to be a consistent farming character in a high damage area. Will update soon.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinoy_Ako!!! on Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:26 am

Primal clays also deal poison damage. Razz 
my lost barb wield these awesome powerful sword. it really fits the environment at Triune,

Jere Harash's Ghostwing Great Sword
One-Hand Damage: (336-384) to (766-916)
Two-Hand Damage: (551-628) to (969-1148)
Durability: 98
Required Strength: 570
Required Level: 100
4% CtC lvl 29 Unseelie Curse on Attack
6% CtC lvl 15 Psychic Scream when Struck
+(251 to 300)% Enhanced damage
-75% Target Defense
+(401 to 500) to Maximum Damage
Adds 1500-2500 magic damage
+100 Mana on Striking in Melee
Slows Target by (11 to 15)%
100% Chance of Uninterruptable Attack
Socketed: 6

Pinoy_Ako!!!
Fireblood

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Lucci on Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:52 am

Overkiller barb with nephalem wpns works ok for me, killing speed is nice and blast wave from TU6 balanced axe with double MO effect, but you must be careful, since this barb has lower life and deffense compared to runemaster based barbies. It seems that kraken guards hit multiple times with their cold attack or maybe pierce resistances as well...

Rob Lucci
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:16 am

ATMG assassin rocks there if you want to go farming. Shadow blade on throw knife, add some slow, cast rate and +life on striking/after kill and stuff like that. Nerfed skill is nerfed, but most of the time it stops the incoming mobs for a moment, which you usually need to adjust the position and cast more ATMG. If you can secure the entrance location - all map is yours(if you die there - restart). Also it's ranged atack kindof, helps in dealing with spires. When you spam it all around it detects the enemies by firing at them, so you see where is what :)Also avoid, block and blink - very useful to cut corners around the map. Bosses can be reach in short time. I would say 10-15 mins is doable. If you go full map farming - might take longer.
Add one pointers and get 1 point into maelstrom - just to kill those bats the messenger spawns. Geting two bosses into same area and charming one is really annoying. I tried over an hour - died million times - still no success.
Edit: i tried all that in SP, where body recovery is hard compared to MP.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:34 am

Tri ele bowzon with meatshields ftw Very Happy

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by VroaxE on Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:45 am

@Metalistas wrote:ATMG assassin rocks there

Sure does... As you said only entrance is tricky, you can't go rambo out and if there are spire close enough you get killed out of nowhere. Other than that, the whole level is easy and getting corpse back isn't too hard either. I used wyrd against bats because I use judge weapon and not a knife and it's ok. Bosses are hard and boring even if the concept is nice. Bats + CotH + life degen flamefront = too much. Moreove CotH makes it really hard to recover corpse after death.

VroaxE
Heretic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum