Some thoughts and questions from a long-time Median player

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Some thoughts and questions from a long-time Median player

Post by zaphodbrx on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:08 pm

The thing about sigma discussions is that public players don't have access to it at the moment. So obviously people will leap to conclusions whenever a dev says 'Oh Sigma has this and that'. And then 'omg how you judge things without playing Sigma'. Well DUH. That logic is so flawed. Either give a test version downloadable by everyone. Or don't discuss sigma.

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kaziq on Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:19 pm

@MarcoNecroX wrote:The game will be focused towards 120 as a main goal*, such as level 60 in d3. The 30 extra levels are going to be sort of paragon levels, which are only an extra yet very-slow bonuses that you can get for your character. Basically 'bonus levels'...

Of course some of the features in the game will require level a bit higher than 120, but that's probably going to be 125 for legendary uniques and that's it - because then again, being 150 will not be mandatory at all.

It's just kind of annoying when people make pessimist comments, like "I guess I won't play it then" or "youre making the game towards X people, fu". When we provide any ideas there are two ways to proceed, you like it and say so, or you find it good and want to give a suggestion. If you find it bad then saying something about it is usually just bitching, because you haven't actually tried it and you don't know the environment where the feature being discussed stands in, in which case it's better to stay quiet and wait to see yourself Wink

Looks like something I thought of recently. Those who want fast challenge will try ubers at 120, those who are less skilful and want to spend time to get better - will be able to do that too. Sounds good to me. Can't wait to try Smile

kaziq
Glowing Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Laz on Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:34 pm

No respecs = no one is going to play anything besides the proven FotM + builds that can't do every uber are not viable = variety completely ruined.

GG  Hitting a Wall 

Brother Laz
Care Bear

Flying Polar Buffalo Error

View user profile http://modsbylaz.vn.cz/

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:42 pm

I'm all for respec. Don't really see a problem with it. I'm one of those lame people who actually builds up same characters but different tree builds anyway. But I like respeccing to get the very best out of my character even if it means only switching around a few skill points at the very end to tweak to my exact specifications.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VroaxE on Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:17 pm

Plus the LC0 (if kept as is or close) usually requires to invest points in skills that are good before lvl 12 or so but suck afterwards so a limit to 3 respecs is in fact 2 respec (and I'm not even starting on the "put stats in str to wear gear" early game etc.)

VroaxE
Heretic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soponator on Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:31 pm

@VroaxE wrote:Plus the LC0 (if kept as is or close) usually requires to invest points in skills that are good before lvl 12 or so but suck afterwards so a limit to 3 respecs is in fact 2 respec

thats your choice. if you want to spend one respec on that, go on do it. if not, do it with the skills your character will use in late game.

Soponator
Baal

Hairy Ass Argentinian
TGGood 125

View user profile http://www.medianxl.com/t4645-bienvenidos-al-foro-oficial-de-med

Back to top Go down

Post by VroaxE on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:51 pm

It's also my choice to write with my hand and not with my feet... Maybe because it's easier. I always thought unlimited respec was the best thing that had been implemented in cLoD. If you want to limit the respec possibilities make a harder recipe (if you need I am rich gem to respec you'll think twice before going for it).

VroaxE
Heretic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soponator on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:55 pm

that would be making low timers impossible to do, and for "lol24/7farmers" just a pain, but doable... i know its easier, but its what marco wants to avoid. the "respec for just one uber" style of gaming.
he wants players to stick to choices and to learn to adapt to necesities.

Soponator
Baal

Hairy Ass Argentinian
TGGood 125

View user profile http://www.medianxl.com/t4645-bienvenidos-al-foro-oficial-de-med

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:57 pm

wanna make respecs hard? modify the recipe to oil of absolution + great rune Wink. Imo I am rich gem is way to much...Though I don't agree with this...

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by VroaxE on Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:18 am

In MP players can just use two char to bypass difficulties but the "no respec" policy will make things considerably harder in SP. I think the result will always favor 24/7 farmers just because they farm 24/7. People that play 1h a day or less won't be able to do all ubers with one char so they won't try those ubers because they won't have enough time to build up a new char. Ofc it isn't impossible but I guess astrogha with an ATMGsin is so much more painful than with bombsin. I might not be hardcore enough but the game feels hard enough as it is or it might become "elite gamers" oriented which is not the point of a hobby imho.
Just to be clear, I'm not crying to keep respec, if they are removed I'll try without, if it's not fun to me anymore I'll just stop playing, no big deal. I just think it is a really "low-timer-friendly" mechanic and allows for much more experimentation in the early days of a new mod. Before respec existed (yeah in original game), i often had to remake a char because I had one str point too much or too few, switching gear is also a lot harder (i mean switching for better gear not switching melee for caster).
To sum things up I share the point of vue of Laz and Greg that no respec will reduce the variety of builds and will favor no life farmers over casual players.

VroaxE
Heretic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum