Post by Allexiel on Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:54 pm

[XIII] Triune Cycles Farming

I Introduction
II Skills
III Path
VI Gear
V Misc

I Introduction

This is a very fast method to farm more than 50 Cycles per hour with any character. It's based on rushing one of the 3 bosses in Triune who got ~60-80% (?) chance to drop a cycle. If you are fast you can farm him up to 3 times per minute. All you need is either decent rainbow damage or high fire damage, any blink and high cold resists. The only monster that can kill you are the totems which have a meteor that 1 hits you. (similar to barrels in Duncraig)

II Skills

There are lots of skills you can use to farm this. I use Flamestrike or Cataclysm on Paladin but you can also use any other fire spell or random attack with rainbow/fire dmg. Here's a short list but there are a lot more options:

• Pyroblast
  • Rain of Fire
  • Dragonlore
  • Ways
  • Dragonfire Oil

If you don't want to stick to fire spells/attacks you have to face a lot immune monsters instead of the 0-3 totems which are not attacking after some time (you can kill the totems now though). Also Wolfstance, Rapture or any other spell that makes you run faster helps a lot if you want to be as fast as possible.

III Path

The start is pretty much straight forward. I stick to the walls because I don't run into monsters and get stuck that often and therefore I have much less desync.
When you enter Triune you have to go into the corner and click right above the 0. (see picture, use /fps)

Now you're almost there. This is the "hardest" part because you might get stuck in the corner after you blink. If you use any delayed attack/spell (e.g. Flamestrike) or you don't have enough damage to get out of the corner within ~2sec AND there's a totem you might die to the meteor. You can use a tp and wait in town till you can blink again but that slows you down. Afterwards just continue your way to the boss.

Now there are 2 possibilities. You can see the easy one in the video. The hard one is when you have one or more totems in the room with the boss. If you see a totem when you enter the room you can open up a tp in case you die. Each totem uses his meteor spell three times. So all you have to do now is run in cycles (!) and dodge the meteors. Again stick to the walls so it's easier to dodge. Now it will take some time until they use the spell again. Meanwhile clear the room (Sacred Armor helps). You might accidently kill the boss because he's so weak.

If not dead already you can kill the easiest heoric boss in the game now. In case you're not unlucky pick your charm and repeat.

IV Gear

You can use pretty much any gear. Crafted, TU, SU or sets. Since we fight a heroic boss -enemy resists is always nice to have but you dont need to stack that many. I recommend that you get decent resists most notably cold resists though.

Heres a random example for unholy Paladin:
(Use Apocalypse to clear the room and Pyroblast to kill the boss)

T6 Bonebreaker - Apocalypse
Crafted/Rare Boots - Apocalypse, fire dmg, -fire resists
Set Light Gauntlets - All is One - Pyroblast
Rare Rings - +1skill, fire dmg, -fire resists
Rare Amu - +3-4skill, fire dmg
Rest - either crafted with fire dmg/-fire resists or SU/TU
Use Gems for cold resists and fire dmg jewels or runes.

V Misc

If you want to feel free to test if you can stack up enough fire resists/absorb so you survive a meteor or even more and I'll add it to the guide.

Allexiel
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [XIII] Triune Cycles Farming

Post by whist on Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:50 pm

If you want to feel free to test if you can stack up enough fire resists/absorb so you survive a meteor or even more and I'll add it to the guide.

The meteor can be tanked. My melee sorc often survived a spire hit (~17k life, 85% fire res, 10% fire absorb)
When I survive a hit, it usually leaves me with less than 5% or so, of my max life
whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:35 pm

my actual realm pally can eat like 3-4 Meteors with 95% fire res, stacking res didnt help so i assume no pierce , also i guess most of it is fire dmg
RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:49 pm

Cookie for effort and time spent writing it all.

I do farm kinda the same path, a little bit more safe - meaning less unpredictable teleports - longer route, but blinking kinda diagonaly towards top corner of map. Of course it takes more time, also i kill mobs on the way to cow boss. Blink, atmg assassin is very good, plus he has avoid for extra dangers.
Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by arcology on Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:29 am

Thanks for the strat, farmed about 40 in an hour. Two were "usable"  Crying or Very sad 
arcology
Onyx Knight

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ohmarinus on Tue May 06, 2014 1:10 am

Very interesting explanation.

Let's see if my Trap Rat Druid can do it.

Anyone did it with a Trap Rat before?
Ohmarinus
Clawstorm Terror

Why u no mac for Sigma?!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jayd on Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:03 am

thx for posting had alot succes with it Smile

jayd
Shredder

TGGood none