Fix error message: unhandled exception access violation C00005

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fix error message: unhandled exception access violation C00005

Post by repressed_urges on Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:40 am

Yes, I got this when I tried screwing with the battle.net realm stuff.

Everything was completely fine until I downloaded and executed the registry file linked here http://tsw.vn.cz/how-to-join/

Then I got that error message (c00005) when I clicked on "The Sin War" online button when you start up Ultimative, its in place of Battle.net. I assumed I needed the executable from the registry to be able to play with fellow Ultimative players, which is why I didn't try going online before getting the registry file.

Anyway, I did OP's trick, and now it just says it can't identify the application version (again, when I try and go online). That was a previous issue, but I ran as administrator and that fixed it. And now there's this. :(Did I do something wrong? Obviously it seems like the registry file is not being recognized, can anyone help?

But yeah, if nothing else, this is my report of another kind of c00005 error.

repressed_urges
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:02 am

You are crashing with c0000005 when trying to join TSW?

That's werid. At which point? Might as well have to reinstall, and try to get a clean version of the game if you have old CD's, by downloading it. Then avoid updating with official battle.net, because 1.13d patch can give you some trouble. So I'd recommend D2SE for that, you don't even need the .reg file.

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by repressed_urges on Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:14 pm

Yeah, but I have a digital version from Blizzard.
I think I got it from the registry file. Do I need the .reg file without D2SE? Because yeah, as you said, a reinstall is all that is in order. Thanks so much for the timely response, I really appreciate. I'm also really excited to see your additions to the mod!

Edit: And as for which point- right when I try and connect to the internet. I click on "The Sin War" multiplayer button, you know, the one in place of closed "Battle.net" and then it crashes and displays the error.

repressed_urges
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:27 pm

You don't need the .reg file with D2SE.

Just do a clean install, and do NOT use battle.net to update to 1.13c . D2SE will do all of it for you.

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zitar on Thu May 29, 2014 5:46 pm

I have recently started playing again and a getting this same error when i try to enter tal rasha's chamber in act 2. I have the most upto date median as well as patch. I've also tried re-installing the game didn't change anything. If anyone has any ideas i'd be grateful.

Zitar
Kill Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LiquidThoughts on Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:10 am

After talking with blizz support I made Diablo 2 + LOD work perfectly on Win7 64
Cinematics fixed
Full screen

I made detailed instructions on how to make it work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADO3i9KIDYc&feature=youtu.be

LiquidThoughts
Kill Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by McMagnus on Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:50 am

Hey, sorry if I'm undesirably adding to this thread, but I just wanted to tell you how I got mine fixed. Thanks for the video, LiquidThoughts - I just wanted to post what worked for me in case people want to try a quick solution first. The specifics of my problem were: I had installed D2SE and MedianXL Ultimative version XVc using D2Core 1.13c. Everything was working and I was playing, but this unhandled error came up when I tried to start the game later on. Please note that my video card DOES work with Glide and that was my solution, so if yours does not, this won't work for you.

1) Open D2SE and select Median XL Ultimative XV
2) Select D2VidTest (near the top right)
3) Run the test
4) Select Glide and press Ok. This will take you back to D2SE
5) Make sure Glide is selected back in D2SE
6) Enjoy (if it worked)

I had D3D selected with both D2VidTest and D2SE previously and that had worked but stopped working for some reason. I don't know if D2SE is supposed to override the D2VidTest selection, but I had to select Glide in both to get mine to work.

Hope this helps.

McMagnus
Kill Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: