Unholy Caster mid-lategame skill build and items

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unholy Caster mid-lategame skill build and items

Post by Vlad is Love on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:23 pm

Hey guys, I have some questions regarding mid-lategame. I'd post it in the short question thread but I think it's too much for that, so here we go:

First of all, I've got Apostasy as weapon (cataclysm) and it's freaking awesome because I used to play median 2008 and it was the core spell for sorcs. :DAlready loved this spell back in diablo hellfire. ;)So happy having this for my paladin now, especially with those fcr from Super Beast.

This leads me to a question regarding Mind Flay, since this is my second spell and I will use it over LW in any way simply because of style and because of fps things. BUT, the later the game goes, the more hard points I am able to invest...

Getting a point in Superbeast every time I can should be the best opportunity dps-wise, right? And I suppose this is the "must-have-hard-point-thing-ever" for an Unholy Caster, right?
What about blessed life? This skill is really good but is it worth it to smax it even further after doing mini-games etc.? My dmg output is good, but my surviveability lacks quite a bit - not entirely sure yet. And what about those apple buffs? Is it worth using apples at all? I mean REALLY worth it? I get almost 100% increased heal from them but still - I'm uncertain (like everything in Median decision-wise which is why I love Median so much!)

And most important: What about mind flay? I put 10 hard points into Slayer, therefore I got a 3th lazerbeam, but I'm not entirely sure whether it's worth it to get another 10 points into it for a 4th lazor beam. How do the mechanics work concerning those beams from Mind Flay? Can 1 target get hit by multiple beams? I dont really get that. I mean, Slayer is a nice skill for some ubers (fauztinville for example), but I'm not sure what skill I should rather max. And personally, Slayer is just some sort of "gadget" thing, I'm just not convinced by how this skill works, it's kinda lame. But thats just my opinion.

I invested some points into rapture for the increased duration, therefore it's now even with tainted blood and I can rebuff my spells at the same time which is comfortable (but maybe I should respec and just keep 2-3 points into rapture for ~1min which is already, but the fhr is very nice. Could anyone link me the part in the documentation where the fcr and fhr caps/treshholds are? I've searched so long for them but I didnt find -_-
Is it btw worth for me keeping an eye on fcr since I've got Superbeast already?

Is Stormlord worth maxing out later on with the extra hard points? I maxed out Tainted blood for now because of the increased armor which is really nice for both me and party members. But getting more of those "hard-hard-points" isn't really worth it for another 15% more armor, or is it?

Secondly, I honestly need some enlightening hints concerning statpoints: Most guides say "no points in vitality and everything in energy"? Like, really? This is so retarded in my opinion, the damage scale from energy is almost non-existent from what I've see whenever I put points into energy. Additionally, my surviveability is still lacking (although having Erawan with 16%dr with luckoil, ashearas for another 10% and warlocks brilliance helm with another 11% and 5% from class charm). I mean, why energy? I put almost all my points into vita now, I got 10k hp and about 7k mana and I still keep dying pretty fast in the higher areas. Those numbers are not too high, I know, I dont have that many charms yet. My mana management is quite fine, I mean yeah, cataclysm costs tons of mana but 1 mana pot and I'm cool even if I spam it as much as I can. Using Mind Flay or any other spell will never cost me any noticeable mana. My defense is almost 150k right now, resistances are at max (80% because I lack charms and stuff Razz)

Using Ivory Tower as shield now, gonna try to get the Qor Runeword as soon as I get the rune (fauztinville farming is pretty gay as Unholy tho).
Maybe I am completely mistaken and I should rather go for a "glass cannon" build? Going offensive all the way? Get a SU armor with damage amplifies? What do you guys think? Does the dmg output matter more than the surviveability/tankiness in the end-game ubers?

What about socketing? I'm not entirely sure how it's working with the level requirements in terms of jewels. Shall I try to get crafted jewels for +fire/light dmg and -res? Or just socket everything with perfect rubys for more vitality? Is it worth it to try and enhance my block chance? If yes, how am I supposed to do that?

Thanks for reading! And shoutout to every median XL player, I really enjoy being part of this great, helpful and friendly community! Smile

Vlad is Love
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unholy Caster mid-lategame skill build and items

Post by Vlad is Love on Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:01 pm

bump

Vlad is Love
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unholy Caster mid-lategame skill build and items

Post by zaphodbrx on Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:48 pm

It's very dependent on what you are trying to do with it.

I am using Imperius set to run Duncraig, because 30% avoid rocks.
Devouring cloud from amulet as backup skill.

zaphodbrx
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum