Early/mid game progression help needed (bowazon)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Early/mid game progression help needed (bowazon)

Post by Austerity on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:32 pm

So I've started playing again and i am trying to farm up gear because destruction act 3 is really hard for me at the moment.
Well, I struggled through act 2 as well but i managed to get through it.
Right now im trying to farm the uber levels in terror but im not really having a lot of luck and am dieing a fuckton.

I managed to farm 3/5 of the pantheon set in tran athula terror but k3ba, duncraig, fauztinville are still giving me a rough time (terror)

right now im running a wyrmshot/barrage build
I also killed butcher on destro got his charm, but thats the only other charm that i have

Austerity
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Early/mid game progression help needed (bowazon)

Post by romanN1 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:11 pm

you can do dest duncraig with TU 6 with phalanx...just get an ammu with +skills, banish proc and lightning arena(must!). That's how i farmed my patheon a long time ago...

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:27 pm

@Austerity wrote:So I've started playing again and i am trying to farm up gear because destruction act 3 is really hard for me at the moment.
Well, I struggled through act 2 as well but i managed to get through it.
Right now im trying to farm the uber levels in terror but im not really having a lot of luck and am dieing a fuckton.

I managed to farm 3/5 of the pantheon set in tran athula terror but k3ba, duncraig, fauztinville are still giving me a rough time (terror)

right now im running a wyrmshot/barrage build
I also killed butcher on destro got his charm, but thats the only other charm that i have

I hope you're using Paragon.
Could you also talk a bit about your gear? What parts of the set do you have?
For example, I used Ice Breaker Runeword for zon bows and that got me through most of destruction. Are you using a merc to tank for you? A5 mercs do a wonderful job tanking, even with cheap gear

Also, did you check the guides we have? There's like, 4 bowzon guides. The one by Metalistas nicely summarizes early progression for example

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Austerity on Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:57 pm

i have bow, helm, chest from pantheon
tu 6 chain gloves
tu 6 light belt
tu 6 greaves (wake of destruction0
double rip star ring
rare ammy 3 to all skils 30 to all attribue 25% spell damage, 26 to devouring cloud
hanabigami quiver

could you link me that guide? ive read marco's zoology bowzon guide and i tihnk another one

Austerity
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:23 pm

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:29 pm

@Austerity wrote:i have bow, helm, chest from pantheon
tu 6 chain gloves
tu 6 light belt
tu 6 greaves (wake of destruction0
double rip star ring
rare ammy 3 to all skils 30 to all attribue 25% spell damage, 26 to devouring cloud
hanabigami quiver

I would replace the belt for Deadfall (Heavy Belt) and the greaves for honorific boots so you could max out your resistances.
Are you using ecstatic frenzy? If not, you should

The ammy is decent, but I would try to roll a rare with similar stats but with a proc (like banish on striking or doom on enemy death) and get the stat "target takes additional damage" if you use the Doom proc. A lot of people like the Lightning arena skill because it briefly stuns monsters that get near you.
Also, the 25% spell damage doesn't really increase your damage, but -enemy resistances do.

Ripstars are kind of ok (OW and max damage), but Empyrean bands are better (assuming you can find one). If you can't get empyrean bands, you should roll a rare ring with +1 all skills, - enemy res, 5% supernova on enemy death, stats, and maybe even life leach. Also, get Thunderhammer procs on all your jewelry.
You can easily gamble for rare rings/ammys and then use oils of renewal until you lose your sanity and/or get the desired stats.

Edit:
K3K is really hard, if not downright impossible, to farm as a bowzon because there's no way to mitigate the damage done by the skels and no way to avoid getting hit by them. An exemplar merc (because he uses retaliate) and if you use Pax Mystica staff (with blink) on alternate switch might work to take down the totems though.

Also, for the weapon swap, Get a TU6 Mace (koth's lesson) with the runeword Kodo (Ath) to pre-buff bloodlust better.

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tencanek on Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:19 pm

Before obtaining rest of items for completing set, i suggest using tu chain mail and locust hive quiver, they increase killspeed A LOT.

tencanek
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bardamu on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:04 am

Skillplan?

bardamu
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Austerity on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:12 am

@bardamu wrote:Skillplan?

max dragonlore
max ef
15 phalanx
max whyrm
9 bararge
20 sunstrike
15 defensive harmony
8 Sov

Austerity
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bardamu on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:25 am

I would smax sun strike for better wyrmshot radius; it helps a lot for killing things off-screen. Defensive harmony should be high enough to get 50% slow. Also try switching sov for paragon, then filling your gear with perfect amethysts for moar damage or +%resists perfect gems, it will help you more for survivability than spirit of vengeance. I am not a great fan of non-proc phalanx but that is subjective.

bardamu
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum