Kraken Stance + Overkill barb gear question

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kraken Stance + Overkill barb gear question

Post by pa5call on Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:11 pm

U're a Barbarian, so get a Barbarian...   Very Happy 
...he can carry your secondary gear, always to hand for a quick switch  Wink
Mercenaries are great and mighty when levelling, but once at the end game, their purpose ends at being a mule or, occasionally, after death procs source  Laughing

pa5call
Cathedral Drow

TGGood 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syzygee on Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:05 pm

Is this beast good for my barb hireling?

Syzygee
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syzygee on Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:09 pm

I don't have any SU 2 hander, and TU 2 handers are not this good imo.. but I'm not professional, I need you help guys!

Syzygee
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Outhouse Decorator on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:05 pm

I'm also making an overkill barb (lvl 109 atm), fairly new (only my second char so far). I have a question : what do people usually look for in crafted armors/gloves/boots? I made some but don't know if they are good enough. Should I craft some more? I orbed these with some res and tcd MOs. That sword looks great though, personally I'd orb those with ctc Spike Nova MOs for some CC.

Outhouse Decorator
Glowing Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pa5call on Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:24 pm

@Syzygee wrote:Is this beast good for my barb hireling?

It is not very good unfortunately -at this stage…  Wink  yet it could work with dedicated elemental/pierce gear and barbarian's SU Helms with similar procs (there are several to choose from)  Thinking 
Even though it is not hard to find a good 2H SU sword, a crafted one will do just fine for the time being… Couple of shrines with the Flamberge or Great Sword can bring surprisingly good outcome…  Cool 
So far, I’ve got the best results (excluding some godly 2-handers) with class-specific items (act V mercenary’s special feature) –namely 1H Swords & Helms (both SUs)  …can use his stuff yourself too –for the odd encounter here and there…
There are two ways of equipping your Merc: Either for pure profit, or just for the good fun.. First approach concentrates on SLOW, IAS, AR, FRW, WDM procs, Strength&Defense boost (or elemental procs + elemental pierce) –moreover, the reflected damage can be an option too (mainly crafts here obviously) and also buff/debuff things are working quite well…  Shhh 
Now for the fun part:  Cheers!  Have a look at the runewords section in docs –for example barb weapons (Death Projector reanimate(!)  Bouncing Mr. Green ) –reanimator mercenaries are very interesting and there are some cool & very pretty (but mainly useless) procs too  Smile.. can’t really say any more here –should be fun even to explore these possibilities…  Very Happy 
Past regret, as I’ve said before, mercenaries are not the best at killing/surviving in majority of end-game ubers, so try to waste as little time as possible on their gearing-up Wink

pa5call
Cathedral Drow

TGGood 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:53 pm

@Syzygee wrote:Is this beast good for my barb hireling?

You should make a Cauldron runeword for his helm (Yul).
It gives 20% chance to proc miasma on melee attack, which is realllly good

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syzygee on Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:54 pm

Hm, good thoughts! I am looking for proc gear for my barb... eg. his thunder slam and shower of rocks (and of course the barbarian army) are very helpful in certain situations, so I am looking for similar procs, like Gift of the wild, or anything that stuns, slows, curses, debuffs, etc. on items for him Smile

Syzygee
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pa5call on Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:26 pm

@Outhouse Decorator wrote:Should I craft some more?
yes please!  Smile 
Although I really like how U started on that Splint mail  Salut  -these can spawn with 20% Str or Vit each (instead of yours 10% to all), regardless of shrine used... Then your resistances: Got only Cold% res above 100%  Nope 2  -U can get two of them at the same time above 100 while crafting (make one of those poison always, for example Poison&Fire or Poison&Lighting...)... Last thing would be to get -1% damage reduction with the potion of luck if possible  Laughing  
Fair play with the +2 skills and ED  Thumbs Up 
PS: The Javelin Nova on melee strike will spawn while crafting Shhh ..I think its nice Shifty -at least on your Hireling for sure Cyclops

pa5call
Cathedral Drow

TGGood 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syzygee on Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:08 pm

Can I apply "Amulet: +(1 to 2) to All Skills " from Blessed oil of luck on Amulets that already give +1 or 2 to all skills?

Syzygee
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:39 pm

luck upgrade works still for amulets with + skills
+3 skills amulet will become +4 skills if lucky up

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile