Kraken Stance + Overkill barb gear question

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kraken Stance + Overkill barb gear question

Post by iomanip on Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:58 am

Seems like a cool cahr. AFAIK, all stances synergizes with kraken, so eagle is also giving you more dmg. I build my barbs with 1pt wolf stance as well for super speed, but that's more for conveniance.

Oh, and GJ on the LoB! If you can do Bartuc, surely you can do most of the 'low tier' ubers easily.

Looking forward to progress!

io

EDIT: never been a fan of fortress though... you probably will take points from fortress later though...?

iomanip
Que-Hegan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:32 pm

You have a nice guide, XD 2 points in mountain king are no necessary... 1 point wonder applys here... Also, Ancient blood gets 1 point again, 1 point melee skills, all of them. smax SG is good idea...1 point in all stances is also a good idea.

Lastly, you can go for KS. Basically 25 SS, 20 ES, 24 or smax SG, 15 in wolves, 5 or 10 runemaster 1 point in all melée skills. craft your KS helm, use SS+TS, cast fortress or uses melée skills(it's your choice) change to KS.. profit... 1M of defense, or at least 500k is easy to get. However you do a bit of skill switch. With my skill setup you get perma 5 (poison, physical, cold, light, and fire) element damage and nearly 450k of defense. With this other setup you get 4(phys, cold, light, fire) and 1M of defense... Again, it's your decision, XD

Note: physical damage comes from CB in setup 1(100%). In setup 2, it's comes from normal character damage and a bit of CB (30% or less)

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syzygee on Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:46 pm

@iomanip wrote:
EDIT: never been a fan of fortress though... you probably will take points from fortress later though...?

Hmm don't know, I kinda like Overkill too, maybe I will switch back after I'll have some better gear  Very Happy 
I feel that Fortress is much more 'gearfriendly' than Overkill... you don't have to go so close. I have pretty nice dmg while using Overkill, and I really love Overkill, but it often happened to got 2-3shot by some mobs Very Happy So I want to get better gear, some SUs at least, or a good barb set, then I'll switch back to Overkill, OR Rebound.

@MUS01 wrote:
Lastly, you can go for KS. Basically 25 SS, 20 ES,  24 or smax SG, 15 in wolves, 5 or 10 runemaster

Hmm, I go with Nephalem Weapons now for more elemental dmg.. Should I switch to runemaster?

@MUS01 wrote:
1M of defense, or at least 500k is easy to get.

lol I only have 212k def with wolves near me  Thinking Very Happy

MUS01, which type of hireling do you recommend for this (your Very Happy ) fortress build? I have a Bloodmage now with -% enemy resistance, +% fire and posion spell dmg, and +% spell dmg on it's gear. Is it good, or should I get a Act 5 barb or maybe a Act 2 Exemplar?

Syzygee
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:06 pm

I recomend a bloodmage... it's the only hireling that survives in ubers (a few seconds, XD) However, if you wish a hireling that boost your damage/elemental damage, you can use a barbarian with Qarak's will SSSU sword (gives a insane bloodlust, and barb merc gives MOTW bonus). However, for your defense description, I think that you're a low budget/untwinked char whitout "endgame"equipment (I mean, lots of sacred items, no RW), so bloodmage will be your best friend... give him the TU chain boots, TU tower shield, TU tulwar, TU ancient armor, TU light belt and TU crown, and he is done in his equipment... mo all with defense, TCD.

Lastly, you're mo'ed your equipment (armor, etc) until level 120? your defense is really low, and you should die in secs if you go to melée or the mobs reach you...The "500k or 1M is easy to get" is for the RM+SG combo(RM gives great TCD bonus after equipment)... my barb, NW+STANCES reach a realistic goal of 450k of defense with endgame equipment (comunity set), you should get at least 300k with mystic orbs and runes in your equip(remember LCII reward).

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Istaryu on Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:12 pm

Dude, your resists and AR... They make me cry

Istaryu
Curst Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syzygee on Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:35 pm

@MUS01 wrote: Lastly, you're mo'ed your equipment (armor, etc) until level 120?

Yes, but none of them got TCD MOs... it's an old char and I was uninformed, so my gear has shitty MOs in it.. should I have TCD MOs in every peace of my gear I can?

@Istaryu wrote:Dude, your resists and AR... They make me cry

Very Happy yes I know, I'm working on it with MOs...

Btw, related to MUS01's guide, I won't need much AR, but for now, having a bad gear, I put 80 points in dex and 300 in Vita.

@MUS01 wrote:
Stat placement
Strength:610/ALL
Dex:0
Vita:500
Energy:0
=> We don’t use AR in late game, so Dex isn’t neccesary. AND we have ele damage based in STR and Vit stats, so we should use our points in those atributes.You can go with all stats in STR for moar damage, but the diference isn’t very high, and Vit in barb is interesting…Until DEST (and LOB charm is in our hands) you should put 100/200 points in Dex for some AR. Later isn’t necessary.

Syzygee
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrBlackZ on Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:44 pm

Resistance is bad, but AR seems OK (to me Razz ), just get more resist with honorific or shrine-crafted gears, i think you only need a little more AR (I beat Destruction with only 3k5-4k AR, so i think it's alright), if you want more then just get lots of it with key cubed with Char ORb and %AR Very Happy )

Furthermore, can you show me how can I get lots of attributes without investing in MK ? My new barb with >60% bonus to all attributes (obtained by MK) has only got this  STR: 1034  VIT: 936 rest:none

MrBlackZ
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syzygee on Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:36 pm

@MrBlackZ wrote:

Furthermore, can you show me how can I get lots of attributes without investing in MK ? My new barb with >60% bonus to all attributes (obtained by MK) has only got this  STR: 1034  VIT: 936 rest:none

Did you use 500x signets of learning? Also, I have some items that give str and vit (not that much tho)

Syzygee
Hivehost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrBlackZ on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:00 am

oh I 've only got about 150-200 SoN by farming SBox, my attribute bonus is

123% to STR
63% to ENE and DEX
151% to VIT

MrBlackZ
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by titan015 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:24 am

IMO you should really upgrade that AR,
your current amount makes me cry too. perhaps consider orbing dex in your rings then put AR gems in wep socket

And resist is kind of bad too. You can easily die from poison.

titan015
Darkwarden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum