KorCola's Uberquest Guide: Uldyssian - vXIVb (moved!)

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: KorCola's Uberquest Guide: Uldyssian - vXIVb (moved!)

Post by korcola on Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:58 pm

hmm, it seems the numbering of the stages disappeared in the tips/tricks section?

what the... idk why its gone lol thx for telling ill fix it Very Happy 

After seing gear, I'd say it's some kind of hybrid.

yea i agree

Ohh, that's some nice gear...

thanks for the epic guide. you just made me a little less dumb in matter of gear.

as for gears, i don't think ones i used are 'must'. Ofc arush/secret emp-beads/sssu brandy/knight's grace/black void/segnitia help a bunch. but i could've used
arush/Secret emp => 2, 5% emp
Secret Beads => +5skill rare roll - Nice lamen - death ward - etc
Knight's grace => low lv Dex craft boots
Black void => vit/ghal RW (maybe tu heavy but sor will lag hard at uldy)
Segnitia => Sots

OR even the legendary Tracker Set  Very Happy 

But again, ppl can say " Then why didn't YOU use those nab  Nope 2"

anyway i hope it works out for you guys^^

korcola
Dark Templar

♨‎ (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻ ♨ - Honorable Soldier
TGBest 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:31 am

The guide is great jun though it will be hard because of those cotws, mainly the chronofield one. Probably they can be replaced by something else...

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by korcola on Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:09 am

@roman1: I understand, but it can be done without cotw for sure^^. It's true Prime Edryem/Uldy stage might take longer compare to having it though (well tstone-sorc can 1 shot them anyway - thats why i don't want to limit this 'tip' just for sin).  I did one without cotws when i thought it will be un-socketable after patch so took it off when patch was about to happened Very Happy. If you see the 'original' video, i acutally didn't more than i did. Like I said before, I had almost 50% slow targert already from just gears.

P.S: If ppl really want to see if its doable without that gear/cotws, ill make another recording ( but won't edit~! Mr Green )
But im sure ppl can figure it out  Dancing 

korcola
Dark Templar

TGBest 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vullara on Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:22 am

Do it!

When you are Ben run void you for sure need to record that.

Vullara
Core Lord

TGBest None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VroaxE on Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:17 pm

Hey man, just tested Uldy with your build and (without the cotw's) and after the nightmare that baal is I succeeded in killing Uldy. I just disagree with you on the way to leech from Edyrems. I just namelocked Uldy on RMB switching from BS and Purify (and QoB sometimes to keep it active and keep him under slow/OW) and it's really safe (never died there). I think the WW option might be faster but sometimes edyrems spawn a bit further from you and got the time to cast SA and they might kick your ass because of WW vulnerability effect. BS spam is more boring but safer and allows Uldy namelock (I'm pretty sure that if you can stack enough %buff duration on switch gear for >2h QoB it's possible to afk with assa too and let QoB do the job while RMB BS'ing with mouse outside of the window).

Edit: also something I found useful against baal is to try to get him against a pillar and go on the opposite side while keeping him there with edyrems and just WW the pillar. Use this to get 75-81% of his life then he ran away and it's just pure luck afterwards : spam edyrems and WW on him and hope you'll avoid most of nova missiles (and he drops resists).

VroaxE
Heretic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by korcola on Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:27 pm

@VroaxE wrote:Hey man, just tested Uldy with your build and (without the cotw's) and after the nightmare that baal is I succeeded in killing Uldy. I just disagree with you on the way to leech from Edyrems. I just namelocked Uldy on RMB switching from BS and Purify (and QoB sometimes to keep it active and keep him under slow/OW) and it's really safe (never died there). I think the WW option might be faster but sometimes edyrems spawn a bit further from you and got the time to cast SA and they might kick your ass because of WW vulnerability effect. BS spam is more boring but safer and allows Uldy namelock (I'm pretty sure that if you can stack enough %buff duration on switch gear for >2h QoB it's possible to afk with assa too and let QoB do the job while RMB BS'ing with mouse outside of the window).

Edit: also something I found useful against baal is to try to get him against a pillar and go on the opposite side while keeping him there with edyrems and just WW the pillar. Use this to get 75-81% of his life then he ran away and it's just pure luck afterwards : spam edyrems and WW on him and hope you'll avoid most of nova missiles (and he drops resists).

Good to know that it help and its nice that you find your own way of doing the uldy~! :cheers:Maybe you could send me the SS on Uldy and Baal so I could add that on tips.

BTW, this was never suppose to be a ' Ultimate guide for assassin', I wanted to to be a showcase/'general' tips which will help new players to understand what kind of monster are within the uberquest. Which is why I did not post the gear/stats at first and why I didn't really put strategies for 'assassin' (although that uldy part seemed like it was for one). I hope players dont't think tips = YOU HAVE TO DO IT THIS WAY OR GO CRY IN CORNER.

Using BS and tips on baal are awesome. I agree it will be lot easier/safer for new players, but I don't want to say mine or anyone's idea is better than others because it depends on their play style and how they play the game. I think it is really stupid to tell others you HAVE to do certain way (not saying you did), especially on RPG games like Diablo (ofc there are things you most likely NEED/DO to get like ow-ar-slow target on Laz and don't kill totems near him / etc).

For Another AFK method on Uldy, I just finished recording with Tracker/community(boots and gloves) set with no void/uldy/upped Laz charm (most ppl who are killing Udy for first time wont have these.) with going AFK WW Dancing .

Anyway this is just my thought, nothing against you Smile and again, GJ on Uldy.

Last edited by korcola on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:09 pm; edited 3 times in total

korcola
Dark Templar

TGBest 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:46 pm

We apreciate it korcola :-D and we thank you. The gear and stat questions waş just pure curiosity to acumulate some knowledge regarding throwsins...i don't know exactly how to make a viable one...

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by korcola on Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:07 pm

Its all good^^ i hope i didn't sound too serious Mr Green

if you didn't make throwsin before, there are some good guide. You can pm me if you have any specific question.

korcola
Dark Templar

TGBest 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pa5call on Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:03 pm

First U got me well confused with Rampagors there…   Laughing 
Where do U farm for COTWs?  Praying I’ve tried Vizjun for a week, then Fautz for a week, last week I’ve farmed Yshari and this week I’m just killing everything everywhere possible, but still noo bloody brooch Crying or Very sad 
Fair play btw…  Salut All charms and all..  Eh?  Could U be the best realm player now?  Cool

pa5call
Cathedral Drow

TGGood 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VroaxE on Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:45 pm

I didn't say my tech was better, I just think it's safer (and not everyone plays like you... I sure don't).
Also it's my first BSsin (well respec on SP to test but i somehow always used either atmg, ww, maelstrom or a mix of these, ne er BS). I must say I've been impressed by the easy gameplay (but once again, respec at lvl120 with full stats, skills and charm makes everything easier)

VroaxE
Heretic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum