2 questions (skill key assignment and crafting/goodberry question)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2 questions (skill key assignment and crafting/goodberry question)

Post by damaconz on Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:46 pm

Hi all,

Just started playing Ultimative and have a 120 ele druid in act 3 destruction right now, and I have one major and one minor question:

1) I noticed a lot of builds are skill-swap intensive, requiring people to constantly click their LMB and RMB skill selectors and manually switch, and vice versa. That would drive me absolutely insane (hence why I picked ele druid and just spam elem stuff or let my acid fiends deal with anything that's fire immune). I saw a guide somewhere that mentioned the "keyboard layout" for a build, and it looked like you would assign a key to the particular skill. My question is this:

How does that work? I tried searching "keyboard, keyboard assign, skill assign keyboard, keyboard shortcut" etc, and can't find anything on it. I'd like to be able to press a key on the keyboard and have it switch my LMB or RMB skills so I can easily swap between elem and banshee/plague avatar. Also, it would make it easy to cast Mythal on immune creatures. Is this even possible?

2) Occasionally while adding MOs to a rare ring, I'll accidentally press transmute twice and transmute the ring into a goodberry. Any way to stop this from happening, or to get my item back once it's converted? Or do I just need to be more careful? I've lost a few really nice rings this way Sad

Bonus question: For ele druid, I'm an active summoner, using ele and banshee to kill while my acid fiends tank. Should I really not worry about minion DPS and solely focus on their survivability while I deal damage on higher difficulties? Will it be feasible for some of the ubers (I understand ubers do 10x damage to minions or something like that).

Thanks for all your help!

damaconz
Invader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 questions (skill key assignment and crafting/goodberry question)

Post by munkyh3ad on Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:53 pm

1) You don't have to manually switch skills, you can assign 12 skills to different keys in options menu (configure controls, skill 1,2,3,etc), and then manually click the LMB or RMB skill selector put your mouse pointer over a skill and press one of the assigned key. Then switch skills by pressing those keys.

2) No, just be careful when transmuting.

Bonus) Depends on how your minions behave, if they die to often get them more life/resistance and if they survice fairly well but are too slow at killing go for damage.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by damaconz on Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:55 pm

Awesome info. Thanks for the input!

damaconz
Invader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:54 pm

best keys for skills are usually
qwer fg

since they're close to the 1234 for potions and t and c for skills/stats

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soponator on Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:59 pm

@Quirinus wrote:best keys for skills are usually
qwer fg

i just got mindf**d... i play with f1,f2,f3... but in my laptop, so i get finger five on "º" that i configured to "stand still" fingers 3 4 in f1 and f2, finger 2 in the number 4(pot) and finger 1 in alt... but i just realized its the most unconfortable thing in the world in a normal keyboard...

Soponator
Baal

Hairy Ass Argentinian
TGGood 125

View user profile http://www.medianxl.com/t4645-bienvenidos-al-foro-oficial-de-med

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:04 pm

@Soponator wrote:
@Quirinus wrote:best keys for skills are usually
qwer fg

i just got mindf**d... i play with f1,f2,f3... but in my laptop, so i get finger five on "º" that i configured to "stand still" fingers 3 4 in f1 and f2, finger 2 in the number 4(pot) and finger 1 in alt... but i just realized its the most unconfortable thing in the world in a normal keyboard...

I use f1-12, then E, D, F, A, 5, and 6
I don't like messing wth the key bindings for Weapon swaps/Quests/RunWalk/etc.

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:05 pm

haha yea, I hate laptop keyboards, worst thing ever invented.

I like qwer more than f1-f4 because there's no gap between them and 1234, and you don't have to stretch, hover and move your hand all the time. your hand rests on the table, and you can raise just 1 finger and click the potion and continue to skillswitch, instead of moving the whole hand. xD

plus there's way more keys around that area (and closer by proximity) than there are around the f-keys.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:18 pm

@Quirinus wrote:haha yea, I hate laptop keyboards, worst thing ever invented.

I like qwer more than f1-f4 because there's no gap between them and 1234, and you don't have to stretch, hover and move your hand all the time. your hand rests on the table, and you can raise just 1 finger and click the potion and continue to skillswitch, instead of moving the whole hand. xD

plus there's way more keys around that area (and closer by proximity) than there are around the f-keys.

Ye there's definitely advantages to that, but I use a laptop and i'm 196 cm tall, so my hands are pretty freaking huge. I rarely need to move my hand around

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pa5call on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:49 pm

Very Happy  ...so that's how everybody plays  Shocked 
My ones are: "m"   ","    "."    "l"   "k" and sometimes  ";"  or "/" for skills  Mr. Green's Weed 
"n" for potion and "space" to switch weapons  Laughing ...Alt Gr to run and see drops at the same time...
Cheap keyboard specially adjusted by ripping off the windows button  Bouncing Mr. Green

pa5call
Cathedral Drow

TGGood 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:53 pm

@pa5call wrote:Cheap keyboard specially adjusted by ripping off the windows button  Bouncing Mr. Green

#winning

I should do that too

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum