Oh Char orb, how I love the

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oh Char orb, how I love the

Post by Westville on Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:39 am

On Hardcore, Char orb is truly a sexy little thing. I was thinking of a reward for a future patch that may spark interest. I was thinking of an end game char orb (can cube 5 of each item, and it goes up +5 per lvl req item)

Items could include:
Kab stone=1% DR
Shaad = +1 random max resist
Marksman = +1% all attribute
Endless = + (-1% all enemy resist)
Brother laz charm = +1% max life

etc

think it would be quite...interesting with the results; and would give the end gamers something to use that wouldnt be epically OP. Thoughts?

PS. Think its the last time I play HC on the servers; when they lag, you die. Simple as that.

Last edited by Westville on Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Westville
Arachnida

Ace of Spades
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh Char orb, how I love the

Post by munkyh3ad on Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:34 am

I also gave this some thought, but didn't suggest it because i doubt marco will consider such a changed. I didn't think of a 2nd Character Orb but i did think of a balanced Character Orb that would from the start take in +5 req lvl (for the now +1 req lvl) and +10 req lvl (for the now +3 req lvl and class charm) and max 10 of each item (or 5 works too). This way you could have a custom charm to keep during end game, and it would only have 4-6 modifiers that wouldn't make the game imbalanced, not much different than a regular charm that would drop on an uber. Plus the greatest thing is you can keep the Blink skill for all classes (even thou with long timer).

As for your suggested recipes they are present (mostly), On rune gives "1% DR", Pul Lal Gul Lo runes give "max [element] resist", "1% all attributes" is a long shot (but "+1% Vitality" should be put in anyways, maybe cubed with Elixir of Concentration, since it's mysteriously not in the recipes), the "-1% all enemy resist" again is a long shot (plus we already have "-1% [element] enemy resist" recipes for each element) and Oil of Absolution gives "+1% max life". But one can always hope for some new recipes to be put in at any time.

And in the eventuality that marco considers this but thinks is too easy, maybe he could make the recipes only work with swirles from something.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:19 pm

I don't think this will ever happen because Marco thinks that the Char Orb isn't an 'aesthetically pleasing' concept, for whatever reason. This was brought up when some of us suggested exactly what you're suggesting as a replacement for the Cycles in the Triune uber. Apparently he just hates the idea of an orb that you cube different things with, or something.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vullara on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:25 pm

Maybe he could make dclone drop said item, if it ever gets fixed that is. Seeing as dclones charm (according to docs) is laughable at best and it looks like a red char orb.

Vullara
Core Lord

TGBest None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VroaxE on Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:11 pm

End game nerfed char orb kind of exist and is called Trader's Chest...

VroaxE
Heretic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:25 pm

@VroaxE wrote:End game nerfed char orb kind of exist and is called Trader's Chest...
Eh? I guess you can use it to trade stats around, but it's not really the same.
For one thing the Trader's Chest revolves entirely around farming Chrysaor, while this would involve doing different ubers. Also Trader's Chest is mostly gambling, this would give you exact rewards.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:28 am

Yes, the Trader's Chest is available at end game, while the Character Orb becomes available since the beginning, allowing you to chose from a much wider range of benefits, and in my opinion it would be a balanced charm by adding something to the Character Orb at every 5 lvls. Because now if you do use and at lvl 120 you take it out there is a noticeable gap, making it imbalanced. And well, this whole thread suggestion is about nerfing the benefits but being able to keep it even at end game where it would really matter, and it will (mostly) be just like any normal charm, but what would be special is that this one is custom made with fewer modifiers according to your character/playstile.

@archon256 I thought marco wouldn't consider this because he has his own agenda of things he wants to do. But with Cycles i believe it was a different situation, and it will not be changed because marco tries to do new and different things than the ones already in this mod, i personally find Cycles an interesting idea, drop rates are low and they can have benefits and disadvantages, but when you finally do find a good one, you actually feel your lucky, and this is what was aimed with them while promoting farming in that level. And well i don't think you can fill up your inventory with them, because it is plain boring to do same uberlevel again and again. I've read your topic and to me inventory space is there to be filled with any and (if possible) only charms, the cube works well as a backpack for throwing in the loot after you cleared an area.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:38 am

@munkyh3ad wrote:
@archon256 I thought marco wouldn't consider this because he has his own agenda of things he wants to do.
I think he's very specifically stated his hatred of the Char Orb and any similar ideas, regardless of whether it would be used as a replacement for Cycles or not.
But if you can convince him otherwise, that'd be great.

@munkyh3ad wrote:
I've read your topic and to me inventory space is there to be filled with any and (if possible) only charms, the cube works well as a backpack for throwing in the loot after you cleared an area.
I don't want to go over that argument again, so let's just agree to disagree on that point.  Wink 

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrBlackZ on Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:02 pm

I'm afraid that there won't be endgame Char Orb because of the limitation. While lvling i forgot to unequip Char Orb, and you know what happened Dizzy , I died immediately when reach the cap lv of 120  Drunken 

MrBlackZ
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:11 pm

What limitation?

Having 1 life at level 120 is intended, because the character orb is too strong for using it in the endgame.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum