Figthing games

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Figthing games

Post by zerger on Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:12 pm

I would like to know if there are some people who play fighting games here ?

I enjoy King of Fighter XIII with my girlfriend, but online games are terrible: I rarely found someone ok to play, and they are every time god-like experts  Hitting a Wall 

So I may buy Street Fighter IV when Steam will offer a good price reduction, to get at least basics of fighting games... as learning KOF is like learning Dwarf Fortress  Scratch 

zerger
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Figthing games

Post by munkyh3ad on Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:38 pm

I did way back on consoles during my teen years, and mostly the usual stuff like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Tekken. But the least know i can say i have fully enjoyed is Guilty Gear, the music it had in it played an important part, i could recognize it anywhere. Don't have a PS anymore, and i kind of miss playing it, and also i don't know how any of the new fighting games are holding up. So good luck with your search!

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frytas on Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:29 pm

Little Fighter 2. Laughing 

No,seriously,it's awesome. It's the only fighting game I play. I played some other games with my friends(DB Budokai Tenkaichi 3,Mortal Kombat Armageddon and Tekken on ps2,also the most recent Mortal Kombat on x360),but none of those felt as fun as LF to me(though Armageddon was pretty good). Probably because it's much easier to play and learn,I never had the patience to learn all the moves in the other games.

Frytas
Mindless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gg2 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:22 pm

I play a lot of the mortal kombat (wich is probably the most balanced fighting game I ever played) on 360 and i play super smash bros melee with friends

gg2
Scaled Mutant

Marco's Favorite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zerger on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:35 am

I remember I enjoyed a lot Killer Instinct on super nes and Soul Calibur II on PS2 (best 3d fighting game for me)

zerger
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:25 pm

Super Smash Bros. Melee (SSBM) has a professional scene and lots of tournaments and passion. It has a wider range of movements and attack options than probably most fighting games, you can die instantly if you fall too far away from the game stage, and it's very fast paced with lots of actions per second (it's been said it can be up to 7 for the best players). It was never intended to be a competitive game, but it's unintended complexity and freedom allowed it to grow into a phenomenon. It's scene is still active even today, after 13 years from it's launch.

I've recently watched this AWESOME documentary about it and it's 7 best/most influential players:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSf2mgkRm7Q&list=PLoUHkRwnRH-IXbZfwlgiEN8eXmoj6DtKM&index=1

It's a must watch, even if you don't know the game and never played it, like me.

I believe there's probably an emulator for PC, and having a controller is a must.

edit: missed gg2's post. xD

As far as me, I played a lot of Mortal Kombat 2 with my friends, it was awesome, but probably a bit broken in some ways.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gg2 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:38 pm

Yes old Mortal Kombats are not balanced at all and are complete buttons smashing.

I watch alot of SSBM tournaments on melee and I wish I could do all those wave dash and all advanced techniques but I don't have a gamecube so I only play at friends houses

gg2
Scaled Mutant

Marco's Favorite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Wed May 21, 2014 1:14 pm

@gg2 wrote:Yes old Mortal Kombats are not balanced at all and are complete buttons smashing.

I watch alot of SSBM tournaments on melee and I wish I could do all those wave dash and all advanced techniques but I don't have a gamecube so I only play at friends houses

I remember the first generation of Mortal Kombat arcade machines. The highest intended combo belonged to Lu--a five hitter--but there was a bug in Rayden(sp?) so if you knew it and were wicked fast you could get in an 11 hit combo which was basically unstoppable instawin.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Wed May 21, 2014 1:53 pm

My hall of fame of fighting games in history:
1. Mortal Kombat 1,2,3,Trilogy,9 (unfortunately only for ps :c )
2. Street Fighter (almost all of them, dont like the "newest" where there're a lot of non-related characters to the SF genre)
3. Tekken 1,2,3 (rest of them are crap imo)

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Afura on Wed May 21, 2014 1:55 pm

I love playing fighting games. I have played so many fighting games when I was young like Street Fighter Turbo, Samurai Shodown, Tekken, Killer Instinct, Soulblade and so on.

But today I play less fighting games today, sometimes I play tekken with my friends thats all.

I ordered the last Mortal Kombat some days ago, "Mortal Kombat komplete edition" for my ps3, I hope it is good, at least the youtube videos look awesome Smile . As a Street Fighter Fan I would buy normaly all those new Street Fighter games, but I don't like that new graphic style at all :/

Afura
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum