Figthing games

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Figthing games

Post by gg2 on Wed May 21, 2014 2:11 pm

@hellgrind wrote:My hall of fame of fighting games in history:
1. Mortal Kombat 1,2,3,Trilogy,9 (unfortunately only for ps :c )
What do you mean by ¨only for ps¨?
gg2
Scaled Mutant

Marco's Favorite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Afura on Wed May 21, 2014 2:24 pm

I think he means that these games are only for the playstation
Afura
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Wed May 21, 2014 5:24 pm

Not all, only the last MK is for PS3.
hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gg2 on Wed May 21, 2014 5:48 pm

yeah but i mean the last MK is on pc and xbox too
gg2
Scaled Mutant

Marco's Favorite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Afura on Wed May 21, 2014 9:13 pm

There is a MK on pc? Oh nice, didn't know that.

Somebody has already played the new Killer Instinct? Looks ok, I hope they don't forget to introduce the finishers in the game Smile
Afura
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thall on Wed May 21, 2014 10:59 pm

Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3. Also tekken tag 1 and 2 are my jam.
Thall
Bloody Butcher

We March For Macragge!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Thu May 22, 2014 6:45 am

SF4 is one of the funnest fighting games I have ever played tbh, and I grew up wasting tons of money in the arcade on SF2 Turbo edition and endless hours on the snes. What makes it most fun is you can't button mash to win if you play someone who actually knows the game, such as you can with games like Tekken, so you actually have to have some skill to win.

MK was a fun series fun, but I felt the latest version on the xbox had some really sticky/tight combos (i.e. if your timing wasn't super precise, it didn't work) that just felt unnatural compared to SF4, and watching two first timers play, you always knew Noob Silot would win because they didn't know combo breakers yet... most broken character for beginner players.

SSB is actually a pretty fun series on Nintendo's end, however I'd call it more chaotic than strategic, so comparing it to the likes of SF and MK seems a bit childish, nevertheless, I'm going to get the latest SSB when it comes out because I do enjoy them as a different type of fighting game.
taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielWolf on Thu May 22, 2014 7:33 am

Always loved the Tekken series. Flashy projectiles are few and far between, the combo system is excellent, and most characters can be powerhouses once you learn them.

Tekken 5 is my favourite one, but the Tag Tournaments are pretty cool too.
DanielWolf
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Afura on Thu May 22, 2014 9:19 am

@taem wrote:SF4 is one of the funnest fighting games I have ever played tbh, and I grew up wasting tons of money in the arcade on SF2 Turbo edition and endless hours on the snes. What makes it most fun is you can't button mash to win if you play someone who actually knows the game, such as you can with games like Tekken, so you actually have to have some skill to win.

I have an other experience here with SF4 Smile. I didn't like Street Fighter 4 at all when I came out. I remember when I bought it and how disappointed I was. Everything looked soo slow and the movements were as if the game would shutter or lag. And the new graphic style was dvelopped in an other direction than the original game, I have nothing against a new and better graphic, but this one was not my taste at all. For me that button mashing was something that belonged to SF Smile

@taem wrote:
MK was a fun series fun, but I felt the latest version on the xbox had some really sticky/tight combos (i.e. if your timing wasn't super precise, it didn't work) that just felt unnatural compared to SF4, and watching two first timers play, you always knew Noob Silot would win because they didn't know combo breakers yet... most broken character for beginner players.

Didn't try this MK yet Smile but I will do that soon. But if you wanna have a game with combo breakers I would take a look at the new Killer Instinct, could be a nice game.
Afura
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gg2 on Thu May 22, 2014 12:56 pm

first timers always pick Scorpion. And it's spamming chain +3 jab or chain+uppercut all game long.
gg2
Scaled Mutant

Marco's Favorite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum