Replacing Trap Rat or Treewarden

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should we remove treewarden/trap rat druids from Median?

15% 15% 
[ 5 ]
26% 26% 
[ 9 ]
35% 35% 
[ 12 ]
24% 24% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 34

Replacing Trap Rat or Treewarden

Post by M3T4M0R5H1S on Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:14 am

I'm making this topic to suggest that we remove the trap rat/treewarden tree and reintroduce werewolves into Median. The concept in original d2 was pretty awesome and I would love to see a functioning werewolf spec in Median. I'd love to hear some feedback on this from the community. If it's wanted a lot, I'll create a mock up version of the werewolf spec with my limited knowledge in modding.

M3T4M0R5H1S
Shredder

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Replacing Trap Rat or Treewarden

Post by chickenfeeder on Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:53 am

I can understand if you want to get rid of traprat tree but treewarden is very interesting thing, how waste to replace such a speedy- tanky build with other summons. Beside, if there are more than 1 summon for druid he would be a bit overwhelmed as acid fiend's aura is very powerfull.

chickenfeeder
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by M3T4M0R5H1S on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:35 am

What are you talking about summons? I mean turning into a werewolf and having a tree dedicated to that.

M3T4M0R5H1S
Shredder

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whist on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:43 am

You can't replace the trap rat tree with a melee morph tree for sure, as the base concept of treewarden/trap rat was to have one ranged morph tree, and one melee morph tree. Those two trees also helped making two under-used item types (axes and daggers) more popular and used.

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:52 am

How about removing bow tree and replacing it with wolf tree. Also removing CB from trap rat form. To compensate this and CB from missing elfin weapons - add CB to fairie fire and maybe make fairie fire lower damage (like 1/8 WDM) but hiting small area around caster. This might need to reduce the user defense to 0 while using fairie fire to make it not so OP or add -%damage reduction to that uber skill.
No clue about skills for wolf. Maybe some skill like assassin bat strike, but you summon wolf minion when you hit enemie, but lose a wolf when the enemie hits you. Other skill might be howl type of skill that stuns/freezes enemies.

And i actually like the way the trees are right now.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Niveras on Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:43 pm

Removing the bow tree would make all the druid bows useless.

Although maybe the trap rat could become a knife/bow user? But I don't know how that balance works between one handed knives and two handed bows, and trap rat certainly prefers a shield to block.

Niveras
Glowing Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:00 pm

It was just a thought. Maybe wolf morph could only work with bows, like trap rat works with dagers. Imaginary skills:

Wolf form - increases movement speed, atack rate and adds some life ?
Bloody bite - inflicts OW (small chance +5?) and increases chars healing rate for small period (hard points increase healing rate and OW by +1).
Wolf pack - shoots missile that summon wolf minion (expire in short time) on strike at enemy (hard points increase minion stats, +1 minion per 10 points).
Raging paw - each succesful strike increases damage and atack speed (both might be capped at some point). Is cancelled when you are hit. (hard points increase both stats).
Some aoe skill - no idea yet Very Happy

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soponator on Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:40 pm

mmmm making a melee morph use a bow... not much sense to me. warewolfs are too twilight, in my opinion... i think its quite balanced how it is and there is no point in taking away any of the two morphs, or at least not the skilltrees. maybe replace the traprat for something else, with the same skill tree(i mean, just the morph).

Soponator
Baal

Hairy Ass Argentinian
TGGood 125

View user profile http://www.medianxl.com/t4645-bienvenidos-al-foro-oficial-de-med

Back to top Go down

Post by M3T4M0R5H1S on Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:21 pm

Well, I personally don't see many people use a TW at all, hence why it was in the suggestions. As for the trap rat, I'm tired of seeing a rat and think it would be nice and refreshing to see a new thing on my screen. Same goes for the TW, though.

M3T4M0R5H1S
Shredder

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Niveras on Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:25 pm

IMO I'd rather keep traprat and treewarden anyway. Werewolves are too common (in terms of other games); I think these morphs are much more unique in that respect.

I actually even like TW to an extent, but playing melee this game is too much of a hassle (even with TW's very "loose" melee attacks like pummel and wildfire). It's not about the balance of melee vs ranged but just the tedium of how D2 mechanically handles melee. It is just too much for my forearm. (Also, I'm a total pussy and also I kind of suck so the benefits of being ranged where you get hit a lot less is better for me.)

Niveras
Glowing Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum