Life after got struck build

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Life after got struck build

Post by wizinjsh on Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:06 pm

I was testing if i stack every crafted armor with +vita, +%vita, damage reduced by x and then MO with +4 life after struck(with double orb bonus +8, so 15 orbs = +120 life after got struck). I was thinking i could make some build around it.

I`m standing on destruction act 5 against 6 lurkers and they are healing me not damaging. Same happened with 8 edyrems around me (1st picture).  So i thought that same should happen with trap rats- but no- they insta-kill me. Why? I went to act 3 and got 100 monsters around me and they just healed me Very Happy. May be some clever mind can figure out some build around this?!

May be there is some midway with this tactic as it reduces damage taken as big part at the same moment is healed.

Here are some picks - (don`t judge resistances cause i didn`t fill the sockets- only boosted res against pois)

wizinjsh
Hemoplague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Life after got struck build

Post by RollsRoyce on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:56 pm

i tried the same, i think theres a cheap armor that has 500 life when struck and an amu that has like 250 life when struck. Thing is it doesnt work vs arrows in Tran and this is where i stopped Very Happy( same with trap rats)

in fact in itemstatcost there are the events that have to happen to make this property work and sadly in there is just the 'when attacked by melee' and not the when attacked by missile event

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wizinjsh on Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:12 am

@RollsRoyce wrote:i tried the same, i think theres a cheap armor that has 500 life when struck and an amu that has like 250 life when struck. Thing is it doesnt work vs arrows in Tran and this is where i stopped Very Happy( same with trap rats)

in fact in itemstatcost there are the events that have to happen to make this property work and sadly in there is just the 'when attacked by melee' and not the when attacked by missile event

i made my gear quickly just to show my idea. so there can be improvements everywhere.

but anyways- trap rats any way kill me pretty fast with my original gear. i wonder what kind of damage are they doing... may be it is magical which can`t be 95 like my poison.

p.s. did not try TA... will try now and report my results Smile

wizinjsh
Hemoplague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wizinjsh on Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:25 am

Yeah.... did not work.

So i guess they are shooting bolts where 100% physical is transformed to magical or something like that.

But, ok, i was wondering about something in the middle of this build. As you can see i don`t have the best possible attack weapon. In some areas where monsters are dealing physical damage it is just laughter to go through them. And when some specific monsters occur its almost guaranteed death. But i suppose that problem is almost for every build.

As i mentioned in my post about edyrems- they were 8 surrounding me and hit me all the time but it took about 2 minutes before they killed me. And after that i found another bunch of them... hang there for a minute and just made a left click and they are dead.

I have a thought that somebody can figure out something about this build.

I have a feeling that sorceress is the answer... i just have only level 70 soc!

wizinjsh
Hemoplague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wizinjsh on Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:28 am

Where can you get armor with +500 and amu with +250 if it is not mentioned in Prefixes & Suffixes?  Surprised 

wizinjsh
Hemoplague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by arcology on Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:06 am

Trap rats do pure physical damage, they just hit HARD. I think each spine does around 600 terror, dest would be a little more.

Like Rolls pointed out, life when struck is only on melee hits.

Damaged reduced by X can reduce their damage to zero, even if they did some non-physical, because of DR bug. (If an attack deals both phys and non phys damage and the DR/MDR is enough to cover the phys/magic, it will start covering the other with the rest)

There's an armor with 250 life when struck, prefix/suffix list only applies to magic and rare items, unique/set/runeword are not limited.

Like ud expect these stats can be very strong but only in certain areas, and they are quite useful for leveling.

arcology
Onyx Knight

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by arcology on Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:10 am

Off my head.. stacking DR and life when struck might do a lot in..
-kingdom of shadow
-brachyceran
-cov
-azmo
-jday
-bremmtowm

anywhere with invincible/annoying melee enemies

arcology
Onyx Knight

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:48 am

but plz use a pala for this kind of build since he has 50% dr and alot of flat DR from a passive

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:04 am

rolls became pala lover this ladder  Licking 

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred