SCROLL OF NOOBS

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SCROLL OF NOOBS

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:24 pm

Hey all, this thread will be to add suggestions for a new scroll of learning, that will be added on every new character.

This is based on things like CONCEPTS. Like explaining difference of wdm / caster, as well as on hit/struck etc. procs. players 8, speeds, challenges/uber general explanation, etc.
It's not to add stuff like "assa is best char to start" or "apples sell good" or "trist gives a lot of exp".

So, add anything you think you could be useful for newcomers, to understand basic aspects
every stupid unhelpful post will be removed!

Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SCROLL OF NOOBS

Post by Segolia on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:33 pm

What about some tips for people who have a hard time playing early game?

Example: Get Max res by act 3 via Mystic Orbs and Gems, or List the TU Creation/upgrade rec. Those are some of the key things people tend to fly by and wind up getting killed a lot because of it.
Segolia
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Malmortius on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:56 pm

It's good idea can help alot people
Example : X runeword is very good in early game.

Malmortius
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:59 pm

@Malmortius wrote:It's good idea can help alot people
Example : X runeword is very good in early game.

re-read thread please.
'x runeword is good' is not a concept.

Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Homm on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:24 am

Posted it some days ago, first time i played a char 1-120, i missed a level challenge,and that was sad to start over a new char just to trade it.
So something like: Don't forget the level challenges because you have a maximum level to do it, check the documentation. Or something like that.

Something like a mix of all Pearl of wisdom, at a point of the game i red them all,but seems like there is not everybody who do that.
Homm
Ancient Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bardamu on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:49 am

I think it would be useful for starters to know which affixes they need on their gear to get the equipment that fits their char the most, and maybe to know how some of the said affixes work (+%spell damage, -%enemy res for casters as an example).
Also, for as useless it may sound, the difference between run/walk.
bardamu
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Segolia on Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:06 am

In that case, Marco, you should change the string for "Run/Walk" to "ALWAYS WALK NOOB!"
Razz
Segolia
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:14 am

I really feel you gonna waste a lot of time on this.
Laz already made pearl of wisdom, i dunno if anyone read that.

One of the problem was laz didnt put proper / read-able colour.
If you could at least fix that, then it is a big plus already.

Here one example of pearl of wisdom, i dunno if it eye-catchy at all.
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:40 am

I really feel you gonna waste a lot of time on this.

I wrote tanya guide in 1 day, and you think writing this would take me over an hour? Razz

I think it would be useful for starters to know which affixes they need on their gear to get the equipment that fits their char the most, and maybe to know how some of the said affixes work (+%spell damage, -%enemy res for casters as an example).

exactly affixes is what I want to prevent, I want it to be focused on concepts. Telling a new player how spell damage works (counting energy factor mainly) would be too overwhelming = they'd learn nothing. Saying 'if you're a caster use -enemy res' doesnt fit either. It's supposed to be some global concept information, no specific tips for a char (like someone suggested naming rws)

This on the other hand is what I'm looking for.

Posted it some days ago, first time i played a char 1-120, i missed a level challenge,and that was sad to start over a new char just to trade it.
So something like: Don't forget the level challenges because you have a maximum level to do it, check the documentation. Or something like that.

Yes I have this planned, but not specific information about each uber like pearl of wisdom, more like giving an advise to check documentation.

What about some tips for people who have a hard time playing early game?

Example: Get Max res by act 3 via Mystic Orbs and Gems, or List the TU Creation/upgrade rec. Those are some of the key things people tend to fly by and wind up getting killed a lot because of it.

Too random.
Explaining how resistances work (despite how obvious it is) and suggesting to increase them as far as possible is ok, a player should figure out how to get them, TU creation upgrade shouldnt be mentioned either, rather just a link to all general recipes. Also saying that is like saying you need uniques to beat the game.

Also by act 3, is again, not too serious. Like I said, no concrete information should be mentioned, only basic concepts & mechanisms without going into the game.

Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:09 am

Spell damage only applies to spells, not to bonus elemental damage added to your attacks, unless you are attacking a target in melee.

Only weapon damage skills and poison damage spells can proc on-kill affixes.

If you have a source that adds poison damage to your attacks, or spell damage, your character screen damage is unreliable.

The Doom curse causes the target to take the specified physical damage whenever it is hit by any source of physical damage (both from attacks and spells).

On-striking procs can occur whenever you hit monsters with any weapon-damage attacks. On-attack procs can only occur when you swing a weapon in melee range and hit an enemy successfully.

Certain two-handed weapons always spawn with a guaranteed affix each that are shown in orange. See the docs for what they do.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum