Javazon build

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Javazon build

Post by alteisen on Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:41 pm

So, um, hello. Noobs here. I have played median XL since Bro Laz still handle it. And my first char is Chucknorris's Javazon. And my current position is Canyon of the Magi Terror. I just have some question regarding what should I do with this build in the future and some noobs question.

1.In his (chucknorris) guide, he maximum leveled Spellbind. But increasing this skill only increase duration and decrease spell timer (with diminishing return) if I remember. IMO, I should level this skill until the duration > spell timer a bit, and give the remaining skill points to skill that increase survivability like Wild and Free or Balance. What do you think? And which one should I give to?

2.My current mercenary is Shapesifter. I have read others guide that Exemplar more tanky. But in my case shapeshifter not only tankier, but also help me clear mobs with the same equipment. What I want to ask is should I just keep him? Or I should get exemplar instead and get the correct equipment? Here's his equipment so far:

• TU6 Spetum with 2 PSkull, PRuby, and PRainbow. The main reason I give this is Miasma
  • TU5 Plate Mail. Ctc Glacial Nova when hit
  • TU5 Crown. Unholy armor on attack
  • TU5 Greaves.Time Strike when attacked
  • TU5 Plated Belt. Seal of fire on attack
  • TU5 Heavy Boots. Spike Nova when damaged
  • A nice amulet with resist. Haven't got something perfect for him Hitting a Wall  

3.I know Terror is harder than hatred. But is it really that harder that I will start using potions in the same place in Terror when I never used any in Hatred? I started using potions in Terror even in the Den of Evil.  Hitting a Wall 

4.There are no other limitations in shrine crafting beside the shrine charge if information serves me correctly. So, that means I can get +1000 stats with shrine crafting?

alteisen
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Javazon build

Post by MarcoNecroX on Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:26 pm

1. Yes that's a viable option (unless you use summons). I'm not sure if W&F requires any hard points at all. Balance can be good, but requires to be supermaxed or else it won't be that valuable.

2. I recommend exemplar. Shapeshift is okay, but if you compare pounce to retaliate, I think retaliate wins. Specially in places like K3K where you can just teleport to shadowgate totems and have him repel monsters. Gear doesn't really matter if you ask me, they can just stay naked, with weapon. And that weapon is probably the right call, or you can also try the one with miasma proc.

3. What's wrong with using potions? Razz The quill bears' on death proc is quite deadly since terror.
But yeah definetly potions on T den of evil should probably not be mandatory. You're most likely suffering from life leech penalty when transitioning from H to T, but you'll get used to it (or get more leech Very Happy )

4. No. Shrinecrafting rerolls the item, so it's pretty much a new item everytime. Then you can bless it only once to push the stats a bit bigger.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:47 pm

Rather balance for more survivability then wild and free, 1 point in spellbind is ok, more doesn't really matter. If you want to make your life easier use a crafted rare maiden javelin or just a rolled rare with spikenova ctc, 350% ed and deathshards proc. Once you killed one mob with ricochet/enfilade use deathshards and the rest are gonna die in a splitsecond. Exemplar merc is best to go imo. Put as many poins as you get the chance in moon queen for life after kill.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by alteisen on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:16 am

@MarcoNecroX wrote:1. Yes that's a viable option (unless you use summons). I'm not sure if W&F requires any hard points at all. Balance can be good, but requires to be supermaxed or else it won't be that valuable.

2. I recommend exemplar. Shapeshift is okay, but if you compare pounce to retaliate, I think retaliate wins. Specially in places like K3K where you can just teleport to shadowgate totems and have him repel monsters. Gear doesn't really matter if you ask me, they can just stay naked, with weapon. And that weapon is probably the right call, or you can also try the one with miasma proc.

3. What's wrong with using potions? Razz The quill bears' on death proc is quite deadly since terror.
But yeah definetly potions on T den of evil should probably not be mandatory. You're most likely suffering from life leech penalty when transitioning from H to T, but you'll get used to it (or get more leech Very Happy)

4. No. Shrinecrafting rerolls the item, so it's pretty much a new item everytime. Then you can bless it only once to push the stats a bit bigger.

1.I have to agree with W&F. Sure it's increase walk/run speed, but It becomes useless in narrow dungeon. And I always think "Maybe 1 point is enough". Summon eh? I use my fire spirit for lulz... Whistling 

2.Maybe that's it. Because Exemplar attack speed slower than Shapeshifter, the miasma proc don't always happen. Miasma always helps me and my merc for tough enemies. I guess I have to look for miasma when damaged...

3.Well, maybe I'm afraid I played it wrong??? Shifty 

4.Oh I see. Just see the documentation once more, we only can CRAFT and BLESS once.

@romanN1 wrote:Rather balance for more survivability then wild and free, 1 point in spellbind is ok, more doesn't really matter. If you want to make your life easier use a crafted rare maiden javelin or just a rolled rare with spikenova ctc, 350% ed and deathshards proc. Once you killed one mob with ricochet/enfilade use deathshards and the rest are gonna die in a splitsecond. Exemplar merc is best to go imo. Put as many poins as you get the chance in moon queen for life after kill.

I will take that for consideration. My play for now is easier since I got Trishula RW and Siegfried RW.

Oh yeah. What about War Spirit? Should I leave them just 1?

alteisen
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:04 am

1. W&F is ok but I think it's more vital on a bowzon which is more focused on kiting.
2. Pounce doesn't trigger on attack procs, retaliate does.
3. I don't think life leech is too worth on a javazon, you should aim for big chunks of life after kill or life on striking.
4. You can craft infinite times but the item gets re-rolled entirely.

Yeah leave war spirit at 1; once you get better gears and want to be more offensive, you can put points in it for the %CB.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chickenfeeder on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:40 am

@alteisen wrote:So, um, hello. Noobs here. I have played median XL since Bro Laz still handle it. And my first char is Chucknorris's Javazon. And my current position is Canyon of the Magi Terror. I just have some question regarding what should I do with this build in the future and some noobs question.

1.In his (chucknorris) guide, he maximum leveled Spellbind. But increasing this skill only increase duration and decrease spell timer (with diminishing return) if I remember. IMO, I should level this skill until the duration > spell timer a bit, and give the remaining skill points to skill that increase survivability like Wild and Free or Balance. What do you think? And which one should I give to?

2.My current mercenary is Shapesifter. I have read others guide that Exemplar more tanky. But in my case shapeshifter not only tankier, but also help me clear mobs with the same equipment. What I want to ask is should I just keep him? Or I should get exemplar instead and get the correct equipment? Here's his equipment so far:

• TU6 Spetum with 2 PSkull, PRuby, and PRainbow. The main reason I give this is Miasma
  • TU5 Plate Mail. Ctc Glacial Nova when hit
  • TU5 Crown. Unholy armor on attack
  • TU5 Greaves.Time Strike when attacked
  • TU5 Plated Belt. Seal of fire on attack
  • TU5 Heavy Boots. Spike Nova when damaged
  • A nice amulet with resist. Haven't got something perfect for him Hitting a Wall  

3.I know Terror is harder than hatred. But is it really that harder that I will start using potions in the same place in Terror when I never used any in Hatred? I started using potions in Terror even in the Den of Evil.  Hitting a Wall 

4.There are no other limitations in shrine crafting beside the shrine charge if information serves me correctly. So, that means I can get +1000 stats with shrine crafting?
Is she a javazon or a spearzon? Why a javazon use spetum?

chickenfeeder
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gekko64 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:05 am

that's his merc's gear

Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by arcology on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:57 pm

@alteisen wrote:

If you were using lifesteal then yes, it would make sense. The penalty is 0.25 on hatred and 0.02 on terror, a huge jump, it's 12.5 times less effective.

arcology
Onyx Knight

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tencanek on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:58 pm

I strongly suggest using herfjotur RW javelin and TU chain mail, because those items are so damn cheap, offensive(those procs are really godly) and defensive(25% slow target, chronofield proc, shit load of reanimates also with useful aura). Its not true that javazon needs Danmaku shield or gtfo, which is often mentioned on these forums.

tencanek
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum