Unhandled Exception

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unhandled Exception

Post by GkSanchez on Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:56 am

I'm getting one when trying to access any of my characters, started happening when I installed the new version of Ultimative, it ran for the first time and then I had to restart my computer and now I cannot access any of my characters nor create a new one, I tried going back to the previous version I had and I got the same problem don't know what is the problem, anybody got any input?

Edit: I can access the game without plugY but I get the error with PlugY and multires, don't know which one could be causing it
Edit2: It's not PlugY I was able to launch it by replacing the ini file with the one on the zip file of the new version, but now I cant have multi res, now anybody know where I could add the DllToLoad=D2MultiRes.dll
DllToLoad2=mMap.dll parameters on the new PlugY ini file? Or some other way to play D2 with a higher full screen resolution?

GkSanchez
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unhandled Exception

Post by Gekko64 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:02 am

make sure you're using the correct video mode for multires -> d2d, I had this issue when it was erroneously set to glide

Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:13 pm

No idea, the old version should work.
Some items that got changed could cause that (remove them from plugy/stash/inv/cube/pointer, and then upgrade version), but I can't help since you didn't write what version you're using.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GkSanchez on Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:55 pm

Unfortunately not even I know, I no longer have the zip file where my previous version came and I can no longer check the version :s but I couldnt access my characters at all, nor upgrading nor downgrading, and I tried different options and I can run the game with plugY but no multires, seems that multires is the one causing the issue :S which sucks because I liked it having something higher than 800x600 :S welp at least I can play the game so I guess I shouldnt complain. Thanks for the help

GkSanchez
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:54 pm

99% of the time, its user error. I get so frustrated when I give people a list of things to try and they swear on their moms that they did everything to the fucken letter then miraculously fix their issue the next day and say, "oh, I guess I didn't do 'X', my bad." I usually don't even answer these types of posts anymore.

At the op, near the last page of my multires guide is the registry settings I think. I had the same issue you did and had to manually change the resolution back to what its supposed to be, 1630x1050 in my case, then start multi and it worked fine. I also have no idea why this happened, but thats what worked for me.

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by whist on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:55 pm

@taem wrote:99% of the time, its user error. I get so frustrated when I give people a list of things to try and they swear on their moms that they did everything to the fucken letter then miraculously fix their issue the next day and say, "oh, I guess I didn't do 'X', my bad." I usually don't even answer these types of posts anymore.

+1

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:13 pm

@whist wrote:
@taem wrote:99% of the time, its user error. I get so frustrated when I give people a list of things to try and they swear on their moms that they did everything to the fucken letter then miraculously fix their issue the next day and say, "oh, I guess I didn't do 'X', my bad." I usually don't even answer these types of posts anymore.

+1

+2

Used to work in a internet/tv/phone provider company at a call center where people would call if something didn't work or wasn't working properly.

I learned that I just HAVE to go trough the checklist/problem-solving step by step EVERY time, asking very specific and detailed questions , because if you just asked did you do/check this, they'd just say yes even when they did not (or haven't done it completely/properly). Even though it's boring and monotonous as hell, it's worth it in the long run.

One ridiculous/funny example:
Spoiler:
A girl/woman calls saying internet doesn't work. I checked everything at the provider's side, asked the girl/woman calling to check a few things, then checked if anything changed, nope, would not work even though everything was checked. There's no signal, but the instruments seem to be working. Spent another 10 min going trough everything with her again. Still doesn't work.

I'm writing the report and I'm about to send it to the people on the field to go check/fix it at her home, when she laughingly exclaims her husband found the problem. I'm like "oh awesome, what was it?". "The rabbit bit trough the cable behind the sofa."... I did this, while laughing:

At the start and later (so twice!) I specifically asked her to check the cable trough the whole length, because I was suspecting it, and she said it's fine.  Hitting a Wall They only did it almost as an silly afterthought while waiting for me to send someone... people sometimes... Mr Green 

Good thing, though, was that she was fun, relaxed and patient, so the call was actually great despite that.

Even the people who said they knew everything and were 'experts', were the same as other people, and would just not do the basic things... oh the awkwardness when they saw it's something elementary.  Laughing 

It's mind-numbing, but I guess we all are like that at one point or another. Then there's that 1% where it just starts working like nothing happened.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum